Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 16:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Finally, I have bumped at the right thread and of course the right person. I own a Polo Comfortline 1.2P and a Highline 1.5D, both are 2015 cars. Here is my list of doubts:
  • Is it possible to get gear shift indication, refill amount for fuel tank etc activated in the MID of Comfortline using just the VCDS?
  • Can I install the automatic climate control module in comfortline? Someone told me that it's a direct plug and play.
  • Do comfortline and highline come with same BCM? If yes, then, is it possible to install the highline steering wheel on comfortline? I can install the steering wheel as well as stalks from highline itself, will they make the steering mounted controls work perfectly?

Hi there,

To answer the above questions -
1. Gear shift indication - an option for diesel cars as far as I know

2. The Auto climate control unit is plug and play but requires a lot of other components for it to work, sensors and the sorts. Something which will need the entire dash to be opened and put back together. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

3. AFAIK the modules are different, I had to upgrade mine. All you need to finish check - Gannu has made an elusive guide for the same purpose in this thread!

4. The high line stalks should work, they will add the Driver info system, if yours currently don't have the trip and ok button on them already and activate dte, mileage, speed, etc to the mid.

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 15:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the BCM (Body Control Module)

Quote:
Highline has the cornering lights where the fog lamp gets enlightened with the indication, can that be activated in comfortline by using only VCDS?
No. Cornering lights require the airbag slip ring with the steering angle sensor. Not a VCDS trick alone.

Quote:
Can I install the automatic climate control module in comfortline? Someone told me that it's a direct plug and play.
It isn't a plug and play module. As Ayush put it, there are a lot of sensors required in addition to new harnesses.

Quote:
Do comfortline and highline come with same BCM?
Why don't you check yourself from your cars? The thing is, VW themselves have kitted their cars in several ways, one cannot be sure. A friend's Vento highline came with a 086 BCM whereas another friend's Vento Comfortline came with a 087 BCM.

Quote:
If yes, then, is it possible to install the highline steering wheel on comfortline? I can install the steering wheel as well as stalks from highline itself, will they make the steering mounted controls work perfectly?
You will need additional wiring for the T41 connector to enable the steering controls.

Quote:
I am planning to install the new head unit, the one that comes in new polo '6RD035187'; if I install this one in comfortline and highline both, what issues can I expect to face?
None. You will need an ISO to Quadlock convertor in both the cases.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 17:05   #33
BHPian

Gannu, any thought on if its possible to retrofit the led headlights with DRL's from the new vento highline plus into a 2016 Polo GT Tsi?

Graaja says the BCM of the 2016 Polo is 087 and the one the vento has is 089 and to use a 10 to 14 pin convertor.

He says that the drl's may not run as expected.

Have you researched this? and your thoughts on this since you have already successfully done a BCM upgrade

Thanks!
Old 7th January 2018, 22:47   #34
BHPian

Hi Gannu,

Need some help please. I have a 2017 , Polo GT TSI with BCM details as below:
Part No SW: 6RU 937 087 R HW: 6RU 937 087 R
Component: BCM IM H+4 H42 0452

The car already has rain sensor with auto wipers. Now, since the rain sensor also works as a light sensor, can i just swap the headlight switch with the auto one and after the needed vcds setting, i can use auto headlights and coming home/leaving home lights?
Old 12th January 2018, 20:57   #35

Would like to know if any one on TeamBHP has worked on Polo 6R J386 and J387 Door modules to activate Folding mirrors when locking via key Fob ?

Hi Gannu_1,
By any chance have you tried to access/modify the J386 and J387 door control modules using VCDS?

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th January 2018 at 22:39.
Old 14th February 2018, 12:33   #36
BHPian

Gannu - My BCM part number is 6RU 937 084 A. Can i upgrade the BCM to have cruise control enabled? What are the associated changes I will have to make for that? I have a 2011 trendline polo. Appreciate any guidance you can provide.
Old 29th March 2018, 15:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi Gannu,

Need some help please. I have a 2017 , Polo GT TSI with BCM details as below:
Part No SW: 6RU 937 087 R HW: 6RU 937 087 R
Component: BCM IM H+4 H42 0452

The car already has rain sensor with auto wipers. Now, since the rain sensor also works as a light sensor, can i just swap the headlight switch with the auto one and after the needed vcds setting, i can use auto headlights and coming home/leaving home lights?
I have the same doubt as well. Mine is a 2016 Polo Highline (the one with rain sensor & auto wipers). The auto headlamp feature is alluring but the use of an external LDR to make them work isn't convincing. Any info on how to get this done would be very helpful
Old 30th March 2018, 13:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
I have the same doubt as well. Mine is a 2016 Polo Highline (the one with rain sensor & auto wipers). The auto headlamp feature is alluring but the use of an external LDR to make them work isn't convincing. Any info on how to get this done would be very helpful
It cannot be done unless you change the BCM to BCM Max. In the current setup, headlights are not connected to BCM so even if you enable CH and GH via vcds, they wont work.

The other solution(or workaround) is to order the below switch, its a plug and play and solves the purpose.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Clou...ceBeautifyAB=0
Old 6th May 2018, 00:25   #39
BHPian

Hi all

I recently acquired a 2015 Polo GT TSI with 087 highline BCM. Does this BCM have PINs for DRL?

In my case, I am planning to add a simple DRL with W21W bulbs - can this be done by directly connecting the bulbs to the BCM?

Thank you
Old 30th September 2018, 10:19   #40

Volkswagen Ameo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello Sir, i dnt know is it the right thread to ask this question. I want upgrade my ameo tdi's tyre to 185/65 r15 from 185/60 r15(stock size) for slightly increased gc and better ride comfort. There will be a difference of 3% in speedometer reading. Is it possible to recalibrate the bcm to eliminate the error?
185/65 r15 has the same diameter as 195/55 r16, which is the stock size for polo/ameo highline plus trim.
Old 30th September 2018, 16:28   #41
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway_Nation View Post
Hello Sir, i dnt know is it the right thread to ask this question. I want upgrade my ameo tdi's tyre to 185/65 r15 from 185/60 r15(stock size) for slightly increased gc and better ride comfort. There will be a difference of 3% in speedometer reading. Is it possible to recalibrate the bcm to eliminate the error?
185/65 r15 has the same diameter as 195/55 r16, which is the stock size for polo/ameo highline plus trim.
Wheel size configuration is not in the BCM, but in the instrument cluster. I have not tried this, but have read that you can change the wheel circumference value using the Distance Impulse Number parameter in the instrument cluster. Check out the below link that explains how someone did this for his Jetta.

https://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/s...ction-mk5-mk6/

And a video below.

If you can get the instrument cluster coding of an Ameo Highline Plus and compare with your car's code, it may show if this will work.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 13:59   #42
BHPian

Hi,

I have a 2011 Passat b7 20.tdi 170hp
My bcm number is 3 AA 937 087 E
My car at 65k kms has had a catastrophic hpfp failure. According to the garage, the ECU & BCM was the culprit while sending interrupted signals to the fuel pump to pry fuel. The car used to come on and die later sometimes in less than a minute sometimes after few mins. That will be in some other post soon.

I managed to source most of the parts on eBay. The only part I couldn't come across was a proper bcm. I have found a few with a different ending alphabet. I'm getting bcm ending with alphabets C & N. Will they work for me?

Thanks in advance
Old 8th October 2018, 18:01   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
My bcm number is 3 AA 937 087 E

I managed to source most of the parts on eBay. The only part I couldn't come across was a proper bcm. I have found a few with a different ending alphabet. I'm getting bcm ending with alphabets C & N. Will they work for me?
Most of the time, if you have the main series 3AA 937 087 matched, that should be enough. The last letter is the version or revision code. This could have been made to support hardware changes in later cars.

If you do not get the exact version code of the BCM, there is a chance that it will work in the car. There is a possibility of it not working as well.

I found a couple of listings for 3AA937087E in eBay UK.

https://bit.ly/2C1SYpa
https://bit.ly/2RzNk2P

Why don't you check these out?

I also found listings for 3AA937087E in allcarpartsfast.co.uk website. They deal in original VW spares. I had sourced the BiXenon Valeos for my Polo GT from them. But these are new parts and the cost is quite high.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 00:11   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
No. Cornering lights require the airbag slip ring with the steering angle sensor. Not a VCDS trick alone.
Hi Gannu, I have decided to order this set of fog lamps for my Polo, they have the cornering lamps in built with bulbs in place.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...6-4fcb68eef04d

Now since my car is a Comfortline, I am planning to connect them to the parking lights or the headlamps itself. What you suggest?
Old 14th November 2018, 10:26   #45
BHPian

Thanks to all the advice from @Gannu , I ordered and received my original VCDS cable

Did an auto scan and what left me really surprised is that the BCM in my Jan 2014 GT TSI is 937-087 (High) where as Gannus was just 3 months older with a 937-086 ??

Isn’t there any uniformity in VW assembly line or do they just fix the parts whatever comes in their hand from the parts bin ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks