Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 20:15   #16
BANNED

Ecosport center grab handles carbon vinyl.

You've done a neat job .

This motivated me to do this on my Ecosport's piano black grabs on the center console which is so prone to scratches.

This was really tricky given there were so many curves and an oblique shape which I wanted to cover in single piece to have that neat look. The good thing was that I was able to put the hair dryer to use and wrap the vinyl nicely around the edges. Took me good 2.5 hrs and at one point of time I thought I've bit more than what I can chew. But patience paid off and I say it was the last day of the year well spent

Honestly wanted to give a pat on my back when it was all done

Let the pictures do the talking. Sorry for poor mobile pics.

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-img_20151231_1646101.jpg

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-img_20151231_1646161.jpg

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-img_20151231_1646451.jpg

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-img_20151231_1646511.jpg

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-img_20151231_1653001.jpg

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-img_20151231_1652541.jpg
Old 10th January 2016, 14:32   #17
BHPian

Re: DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post

@ arunu, thanks pal, fortunately i have few very friendly and skilled people inside mahindra who gave me tip to open without damaging anything. trust me its very easy to open if you know how.

I just covered 3000+ Pune > Udaipur > Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Ahmedabad > Pune and no rattles at all.

I would love to explore the option of rubber paints, can you give me any idea of sourcing one locally? (Pune)
There are many threads on team-bhp regarding Plasti dip.
Sample here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...d-coating.html
Few have sourced it from a Mumbai based dealer. Chk his website.
Hope you find it interesting.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:22   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
Removing panel is easy, most of it is press fit.
Joeblack,

Need a help regarding removal of top panel. The one where you kept the idol.I am planning of removing that part and checking a rattle which service center guys are unable to fix still.

Could you please let know if this part is just push and remove or will it require removing parts below or any screws?

I am reluctant of pulling it out since there is a small black knob kind of part there, not sure if it connected to any thing below.

Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Joeblack,

Need a help regarding removal of top panel. The one where you kept the idol.I am planning of removing that part and checking a rattle which service center guys are unable to fix still.

Could you please let know if this part is just push and remove or will it require removing parts below or any screws?

I am reluctant of pulling it out since there is a small black knob kind of part there, not sure if it connected to any thing below.

Thanks
please do not pull out all the parts including infotainment systems are attached to this panel, any force in removing will damage the connectors.

The infotainment system is press fit with four screws, two are in cash glow box on top and two are hidden inside the refrigerate lighter.

First remove the Gear base panel and then remove all four screws and carefully disconnect the connectors.

Hope this will help.
joeblack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 11:05   #20
DWC
BHPian

Nicely done. Finally decided to do the same for the centre panel in the Polo. Not too bad if I can say so myself.

For the areas around the ACC and the ICE console, the panels themselves were removed. The area around the A/C vents were done in the car themselves. This took a good couple of tries to get it right. It's looks ok, but its not as perfect as the panels which were removed. Considering my OCD and the fact I have to live with it on a daily basis, I'm going to try to figure out how to remove the A/C vent section and give it a redo.

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-image1.jpg

DIY: Carbon fiber vinyl for the dashboard (under 200 INR)-image2.jpg

Next mission: Wrapping the spoiler!
DWC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks