Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 03:28   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY: Refurbishing a Maruti 800 on a budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I am not sure if you were under the impression that someone at Suzuki just put that valve in there because it looks cute or something.

Quote:
It proves its worth in cold towns and cities. You try starting your M800 at 4 AM at the height of a delhi winter. Or in kashmir. It'd just start. Not now you removed that valve.
Thanks a lot for the explanation. I have also seen many ignorant mechanics doing the same in New Delhi. They were about to remove the same in my car too, but I asked them not to, as Maruti knows its cars better than these "self proclaimed experts", and if they have given it, it should have a purpose. Period!!

-Anant

Last edited by baby_antu : 14th February 2017 at 03:33.
baby_antu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 03:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Yes - the slot at the base of the seat into which your seatbelt clips will be on a different side depending on driver and passenger. So you need to change that around if you switch seats.
I believe it isn't required in M800 as the seat-belt buckles are fixed to the floor. Posting an image from Leoshashi's thread

DIY: Refurbishing a Maruti 800 on a budget-20160527_155445.jpg

I guess seats cannot be swapped directly without any modifications. IIRC, seat bases of LHS and RHS have different part numbers. Shashi should be able to guide better as he had recently ordered seat base for his 800.
sumitsinha0280 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 18:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsinha0280 View Post
I guess seats cannot be swapped directly without any modifications. IIRC, seat bases of LHS and RHS have different part numbers. Shashi should be able to guide better as he had recently ordered seat base for his 800.
Yes the part numbers of RHS and LHS are different.

DIY: Refurbishing a Maruti 800 on a budget-capture.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:51   #34
BHPian

Ok. After a long pause, let me present you the latest installment on understanding a carburetor and tuning it for the perfect mileage.

I wanted to post my recent updates done to my car when I studied up all the manuals and done all the tuning that is required to make the carburetor deliver good FE figures. I have made videos about how a carburetor works in great detail and how to tune it.

I think we can all agree that the servicing and part costs of maruti 800 are low. I mean, I buy AC Delco 20w-50 engine oil and oil filter for 900 rupees and 100 rupees to get it changed at FNG and coolant is around 250 rupees. AFAIK, a RE bullet goes in the authorized service center for service also gets the same bill. Fellow bhpians, please confirm. I had no failures except two fuses and changing the parking lamp assembly but that too is like 150rs. Just yesterday, my seat reclining mechanism has broken and the cost of replacement part is 560rs. That is cheap and I like it.

And to quote Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle, "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter however improbable, must be the truth". The only other thing I have told is that the mileage is around 24 kmpl with me touching upto 26 kmpl which is in bike territory. I also remarked in another thread that I was contemplating using Ceratec to see how much mileage is extractable from maruti 800.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd May 2017 at 09:24. Reason: Do NOT discuss moderator actions on the public forum. You have been warned! Attachments and the relevant parts deleted.
aveemashfaq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks