Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 14:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
If this isn't the usefulness of team-bhp, then what is! I am glad the humble ₹13/sachet grease could be of use to you.
I had got the brake pads of S-Cross changed at MASS. Those guys did not use this 13 bucks ka grease and the brake pads wouldn't release. Luckily, I noticed this within 5 km due to burning smell. Went back to MASS, they greased the caliper pins and put the pads back.. All good now!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4152151

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 18th March 2017 at 14:47.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 19:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you for the help buddy.

I have anyway canceled the order that I placed for 2 units of the brake caliper Grease on their website. They said it is out of stock hence no shipping even after 8 days of placing order.

On the other hand, I placed an order for 10 sachets of the TVS-Girling caliper grease at my MGP distributor.

Part number: 99000M25010
Name: Grease Sachet, FR caliper sliding Pin
Price: Rs.13

Image posted a few posts up.
Thank you! I am glad you did not waste your money on this.

This is how the Grease comes out the can.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement-1.jpg  

DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement-2.jpg  

DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement-3.jpg  

DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement-4.jpg  

Captain Slow is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 15:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am facing problem with the Correct Brake Caliper Pins for our Elite i20 Diesel.

The Existing Caliper Pins are as below- (The picture is sourced from internet)
These Caliper Pins are present in our Elite i20 as well as older i20s Diesel.
DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement-brake-caliper-pin-i20.jpg

But Boodmo as well as Hyundai Dealer and Hyundai Spare Parts Shop (HSPS) Independent from Dealer show that Elite i20 has following type of Caliper Pin-
DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement-sleeve-type-caliper-pin.jpg

Actually I want the Caliper Pin with the Rubber Packing (Small Rubber adjacent to Caliper Pin) and the Rubber boots as shown below since the Rubber Part of Caliper Pin Packing is torn and the Boots have become loose-
DIY: Brake Disc Caliper Pin Replacement-brake-caliper-pin-i20-required-parts.jpg

When I enquired at the Hyundai Spare Parts Shop (HSPS), I was told that might be HASS had changed the Caliper Pins during Service and installed the Caliper Pins of Older i20s.

The cost of Caliper Pins shown in first image at the Dealer and HSPS is as below-
1. The Caliper Pin marked in Red - Rs. 457/- Each (MRP Rs. 457/-). Part No. 58162-2F300
2. The Rubber Boot marked in Red- Rs. 932/- Each (Even though the Packing has MRP of Rs.215/- (Mar 2011 Stock). Part No. 58164-2E000.

On asking how can he sell the Rubber Boot for Rs. 932/- when the MRP is of Rs. 215/-, he told the Hyundai Software shows the Price of Rs. 932/- and he would have to bill the same amount.
Even the Boodmo shows the Rubber Boot Price of Rs. 1006/- Each.

Now what to do? Should I change the Caliper Pins as that of Elite i20 or should I continue to use the Caliper Pins that came with our car?

Just for reference-
Boodmo Link for Elite i20 Brake Caliper Parts
1. Pin-Fixed is Rs. 78/- Part No. 58162-32300
2. Guide Rod Boot Rs. 32/- Part No. 58164-32000
3. Sleeve Boot Rs. 22/- Part No. 58166-0X000
4. Sleeve Rs. 67/- Part No. 58167-32000

Boodmo Link for 1st Gen i20 Brake Caliper Parts
Boodmo Link for iGen i20 Brake Caliper Parts

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 18th December 2017 at 16:18. Reason: Images were not visible during 1st attempt.
Old 19th December 2017, 22:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping my own post.

Today when I observed the Make of Brake Caliper, it was 'Mando'.

I called on the number of Mando India website.

The person first refused giving details of the distributor from whom I can source the child parts. Then after making him understand my problem, hr agreed to give details by evening and took my number.

He did not call me. So I called him. I think there is some problem with the number. Even in Morning, the call used to get disconnected immediately after the person on other end received the call. Same happened in the evening.

Please bhpians, help me in sourcing the correct part at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th February 2021, 21:41   #50
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone used Petreplus Silicon Grease for lubricating the caliper pins? I have placed an order for this grease and wanted to know how will it perform if used on calliper pins. The manufacturer claims that the grease can be used for temperatures up to 220C and can be used for lubricating the calliper pins.

Abhishek.
Old 19th February 2021, 22:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi9044 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone used Petreplus Silicon Grease for lubricating the caliper pins? I have placed an order for this grease and wanted to know how will it perform if used on calliper pins. The manufacturer claims that the grease can be used for temperatures up to 220C and can be used for lubricating the calliper pins.

Abhishek.
Should be OK. Temperature rating seems to be on par with 3M silicone grease and Raybestos DBL2T silicone grease that I have used on the caliper pins. Clean the caliper pin, the holes, the boot (if re-using),and pad end mounts to remove traces of old lubricant and contaminants properly. You can use this on the pad mounting tabs (just a spot each) also and does not wash off easily and stays where its applied.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks