Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 21:51   #76
BHPian

Re: Installed: VW Flip Camera in my Polo GT TSi. EDIT: Custom Adapter Plate & Water Drain on Page #3

Would like to sincerely appreciate the efforts of Graaja Sir for helping us all with the necessary knowledge to go ahead with this DIY. I ended up procuring a Genuine Flip Camera for my 2020 1.0 TSI and I have documented a few of my steps on my Ownership Thread. The adapter plate design shared by sir truly helped me achieve an excellent fit and finish. My camera in action can be read about here (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic) The only places the Genuine Camera differs from an Aftermarket AV Camera is the Video quality, video signal and the wiring harness. Most of the experience should be quite similar. Would like to make a small mention that I did not need to cut a hole in the hatch for routing the Drain Pipe. I made use of the company specific holes to route a wire. This could be good news for all those afraid of catching rust on an improperly drilled section.
Installed: VW Flip Camera in my Polo GT TSi. EDIT: Custom Adapter Plate & Water Drain on Page #3-water-drain-pipe.jpg
Installed: VW Flip Camera in my Polo GT TSi. EDIT: Custom Adapter Plate & Water Drain on Page #3-drain-pipe.jpg
If anyone wishes to see my installation, then it can be seen here

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 5th February 2021 at 21:53. Reason: Sequence
fluidicjoy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 06:32   #77
Team-BHP Support

Re: Installed: VW Flip Camera in my Polo GT TSi. EDIT: Custom Adapter Plate & Water Drain on Page #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
I ended up procuring a Genuine Flip Camera for my 2020 1.0 TSI and I have documented a few of my steps on my Ownership Thread.
This is just FANTASTIC! Congratulations on the flip camera install and the car looks cool

It is great to see that VW has provided a channel for water drain that you could use. Maybe they are fitting the flip camera in some models in Europe in the current generation.

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. I am really glad that this thread has been useful to you in your DIY!
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 23:35   #78
BHPian

Hi Graja, I'd be getting the polo in this week and would need your advise on which flip camera would you recommend from the below options:

Link 1 Link 2

I will be glad with any other reference you could share. I am unsure about the links as the bracket you made is not visible in any of the listings.

Planning to get this installed from installers in mumbai as VW dealer from whom I am purchasing the car is incompetent.
Old 7th July 2021, 12:09   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
Hi Graja, I'd be getting the polo in this week and would need your advise on which flip camera would you recommend from the below options:

I will be glad with any other reference you could share. I am unsure about the links as the bracket you made is not visible in any of the listings.

Planning to get this installed from installers in mumbai as VW dealer from whom I am purchasing the car is incompetent.
Both the options are most probably from China. So, you could just choose based on price.

The adapter plate does not come with the camera. They have to be made using the CAD file I had shared. You will have to find a fabricator who can make a component using laser cutting using the CAD file.

All the best with the install.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks