Team-BHP - How to decorate my car for a fun event?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   How to decorate my car for a fun event? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/184643-how-decorate-my-car-fun-event.html)

Newbie questions about a Rally:
I am participating in a 'Family Fun Rally' where participants have been asked to decorate their cars based on a theme.
1) How do people 'decorate' their cars? Do they use stickers? Any suggestions for washable paints? Do the regular poster colors/acrylic colors work ?
2) It is the TSD format. My navigator will be my wife, but she has the extra duty to manage a 2 yr old :-) Any tips on easy 'navigation' of the tulip chart? any famous formulas which will help decipher the tulip chart?
Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajarams (Post 4152218)
'Family Fun Rally' where participants have been asked to decorate their cars based on a theme.

Why would you even want to? :eek: I hope it is for a social cause or something.

Because if someone told me that the concept of 'decorating' my car with stickers and paint were supposed to be a fun activity, that would be my last interaction with that person for sure! :Frustrati

If the fun is about having a nice family time together, you could find other alternatives IMO, like a good scenic drive or something along those lines.

Would suggest not overdoing the decoration. Simple stickers should do okay (only if you're keen). I'd not even bother with this as the organisers will definitely make you paste number stickers on your car.

Tip while pasting stickers = Don't stick the entire sticker surface to the car's body. Peel off the white paper (backside) only at the 4 corners; the sticker will easily be held in place by the adhesive on the corners. This is what I do for the TSD Blind Man Car Rally in Mumbai:

Alternatively, you could visit a floral shop that does cars and get some simple & classy ribbons put on the bonnet & boot.

The over-enthusiastic do up their cars on the lines of these. You should expect to see some samples at the event:

Quote:

Any suggestions for washable paints? Do the regular poster colors/acrylic colors work ?

Don't even think in this direction.

Quote:

My navigator will be my wife, but she has the extra duty to manage a 2 yr old :-) Any tips on easy 'navigation' of the tulip chart?
Take a friend / relative along for navigation. Not possible to manage a child + read out instructions to the driver.

thanks.
i painted a small patch using poster colours and let it dry for a day. Then tried washing it, it went off just fine. But i will trust the experts.
regd sticking stuff like the last car, does sellotape damage the paint (havent tried it)?
thanks for the advice.

Quote:

1) How do people 'decorate' their cars? Do they use stickers?
Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

If you are taking the sticker route, may I suggest you visit a hardware or paint supplies store and get some Masking tape.

You can use the masking tape where you are planning to put the regular stickers.

Cheers and have fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajarams (Post 4152822)
does sellotape damage the paint

No, they don't (from my own experience, but very limited usage)
But removing the left out gum is little time consuming. I tried the old school way with coconut oil and it worked fine.