Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2017, 15:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift

Anurag
Excellent work to get through a few bottlenecks and a very detailed report for anyone to do a DIY.

Light output seems to be powerful and I assume you are the only one running with a deadly combo of XP micro + Rally 90/100W.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 15:44   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Anurag
Excellent work to get through a few bottlenecks and a very detailed report for anyone to do a DIY.

Light output seems to be powerful and I assume you are the only one running with a deadly combo of XP micro + Rally 90/100W.
Lol Prajesh.

On some roads, I use only low beam of XP Micro. Don't feel the need for headlights.

But at certain times I use the headlight for visibility purpose.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 07:43   #18
BHPian

Hi, how did you connect the high beam to your new fog lamp switch? I also have a spare switch available to fit DRLs, but the project is hanging as I am unable to get the matching connectors. Can you pls shed some light on how to manage? Thanks.
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 13:49   #19
BHPian

Re: DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift

Anurag,

Hat's off to your patience in doing this install.
I would have just gone for aux lights instead. Amazing install. You have now got me thinking along the same lines.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 13:55   #20
BHPian

Brilliant effort would be an understatement, take a bow Anurag Sir
Have always been a fan of your DIY threads and this one has just set the bar very high. Most of us were only complaining about the mediocre output of the projectors, when only a few geniuses here did take risk and put in some effort to provide the most sought after solution for the same. I always had in mind to meet you if and when the Hyderabad trip happens, but now its almost certain the Hyderabad trip needs to be made just to meet you and do this DIY projector upgrade myself under your watchful eyes
Keynote is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 15:54   #21
BHPian

thank you for the detailed thread Anurag. Very well written.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 20:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Anurag for the detailed post, I have been thinking to have a similar set up in my car, but holding back on it since I already invested on hella Aux lights.

I see similar 2.5" bixenon fog lamp sets are available in Aliexpress for ~ 120$ or Rs 8000 (including Ballast, bulbs and projector lens). What was your logic to go for XP and pay almost double? Any idea the source of XP items?
Old 18th May 2017, 09:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Thanks a lot Anurag for the detailed post, I have been thinking to have a similar set up in my car, but holding back on it since I already invested on hella Aux lights.

I see similar 2.5" bixenon fog lamp sets are available in Aliexpress for ~ 120$ or Rs 8000 (including Ballast, bulbs and projector lens). What was your logic to go for XP and pay almost double? Any idea the source of XP items?
I guess its always better to buy from someone who provides service. And XP guys are good with that.
Old 18th May 2017, 09:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
I guess its always better to buy from someone who provides service. And XP guys are good with that.
I am with you on that. But my question is if the price difference is worth the service part..One can buy 2 sets for the money charged by XP, and if XP is providing similar items available in Ali express it may not be worth that premium for the sake of service.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 11:18   #25
BANNED

Quote:

Thank you Sir for the appreciation.

Why I chose to buy from XP rather than getting​ the similar stuff from AliExpress at half price is because of warranty and service. Both these are a gamble at AliExpress now a days. I bought a couple of parts and items that were ranging from $1.3 to $9 and when I received​ the parcel 56 days later, 40% of the items in that were damaged. Had to claim a refund. Time wasted!

Plus I am NOT comfortable in buying anything that goes above $25-30 now a days. Also with the recent hike in customs duty, the final landing price would be similar to what i paid here. Also their faster shipping options are good but pricing is ridiculous. It is a gamble once money is paid on when I'll get the shipping and what condition it could be.

I can see iPHCAR labelled on my projector unit so I suppose this stuff is from China but "tuned and tested" by XP before selling*.

*I haven't seen them test any but heard that they do test the projectors and bulbs before shipping.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th May 2017 at 11:24.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 11:28   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I see similar 2.5" bixenon fog lamp sets are available in Aliexpress for ~ 120$ or Rs 8000 (including Ballast, bulbs and projector lens).
I know someone who has got it from AliExpress. The landing cost was around 6000 Rs and ballasts were not included.

Quote:
What was your logic to go for XP and pay almost double? Any idea the source of XP items?
Xenon Planet does not manufacture anything on their own. They source it from outside. XP Micro projector is made by "IPHCAR". The same brand fog projector is available at little lesser price in AliExpress. But the output is not the same. According to Xenon Planet they do minor modifications / tuning to get the best output and they also provide 2 years warranty

Details about IPHCAR fog projector :

DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-6358934077438971136548689.jpg
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-6358934077546611327715431.jpg

http://www.cindyhid.com/en_us/product/show-332.html

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 18th May 2017 at 11:51.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 11:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT, I bought a 2.5inch bixenon fog projectors with bulbs from aliexpress for <3K INR. Reused an old pair of ballasts, its working flawlessly for me.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 18th May 2017 at 11:56.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 12:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
OT, I bought a 2.5inch bixenon fog projectors with bulbs from aliexpress for <3K INR. Reused an old pair of ballasts, its working flawlessly for me.
Is it the same IPHCAR Bixenon Fog Projector? Can you post some pics? Less than 3K.. Great
Old 18th May 2017, 12:56   #29
Team-BHP Support

Awesome DIY and fantastic results, Anurag. The way you have documented the issues faced and the solutions is just FANTASTIC! I am sure your thread is going to be very useful to others who want to upgrade their fogs to projectors.

Once again, Congratulations on another successful DIY!
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 14:07   #30
BANNED

OE Fog light connector
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-oe-fog-light-connector.jpg

I used this old disconnected coupler of Ford Ikon that I found in scrap of the garage. removed the pins, cleaned it and checked if they fit correctly, Voila! Heat shrink'ed them and connected it
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-img_20170517_193044.jpg

Pins given to activate the high beam
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-how-i-connected-high-beam-switch.jpg

When parking lamp is switched ON
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-when-parking-lamp-switched-.jpg

When OE fog light switch is pressed when parking light is ON, low beam of XP micro is activated also the green light comes up in that switch
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-when-oe-fog-switch-pressed.jpg

When I press the second switch, the green light comes up activating the high beam of the XP Micro. Here's how it in the night.
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-when-high-beam-activated.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Hi, how did you connect the high beam to your new fog lamp switch?
I have shared the images above post connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Awesome DIY and fantastic results, Anurag.
Thank you Sir. I am happy you liked the thread.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed