Team-BHP - DIY: Adding instrument cluster & HU brightness control to the Hyundai i20 Sportz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   DIY: Adding instrument cluster & HU brightness control to the Hyundai i20 Sportz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/193320-diy-adding-instrument-cluster-hu-brightness-control-hyundai-i20-sportz.html)

Part required :

Part No. 93300-C7900TRY

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-comp..._rbl-25454400/

Image link : http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/hyun...ite-i20-06.jpg

Original Switch :

DIY: Adding instrument cluster & HU brightness control to the Hyundai i20 Sportz-img_21941.jpg

Time Required : 5 Minutes

Tools required :

Trim opening tool such as this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...842097321.html

Open the existing switch by prying open the switch. Disconnect the wiring. Add the new switch. Reconnect the wiring. Close it by pushing it in the slot.

The result :

https://youtu.be/RbktaOPKHGA

The connector for brightness control is already there. This feature is present on the asta models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckranjan (Post 4321542)
The connector for brightness control is already there. This feature is present on the asta models.

This will be very helpful to the people who didn’t see the Asta or Asta (O) model as VFM, and ended up cursing Hyundai for not providing something as basic as this in a car this expensive.
On a lighter note, it’ll be sight to see when the SA explains the difference in features between the Sportz & Asta model using this particular brightness adjustment function to a person who’s read this thread & ends up knowing that it can fixed on to any variant for just ₹ 1625/-
clap:
Also, it would be great if you could post some pictures taken during the installation as well.

Quote:

If this is the case and all it takes is that switch to be added into an existing coupler, this will be good for owners of the lower model Creta.

I say this because I think the cluster is same as in your car of the SX+ and lower variant of the Creta.

DIY: Adding instrument cluster & HU brightness control to the Hyundai i20 Sportz-screenshot_20171213062907.jpg

Part number (Creta specific): 93300-A0900TRY

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4321632)
I say this because I think the cluster is same as in your car of the SX+ and lower variant of the Creta.

The Asta & lower variants of the i20 Elite do indeed share the same cluster as the SX+ & lower variants of the Creta.
Here is a picture from the official review itself.
However, unlike the i20 Elite, there’s a traction control switch in the SX (O) model of the Creta as well, so I’m doubtful if adding the IC Light Adjustment switch will just be a plug n’ play affair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AShubrah (Post 4321643)
However, unlike the i20 Elite, there’s a traction control switch in the SX (O) model of the Creta as well, so I’m doubtful if adding the IC Light Adjustment switch will just be plug n’ play affair.

I agree. But no harm in trying.:)

I'll see if I can get access to a lower variant of Creta. I'll see if this can be added or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4321652)

I'll see if I can get access to a lower variant of Creta. I'll see if this can be added or not.

It can be easily checked as in i20 there is a seperate wire for headlight control and ic light control. When i took out the old switch both the wires were there. The ic control wire was attached to a dummy socket. All it needed was a real socket to connect the wire.

Hope this helps.

Letme know if any more details are required. I'll probably make a video of it.

Excellent find, gonna order it for my i20 Sportz. This is going to be a big help. In night driving, I find the brightness way too high, almost stings the eyes.

I was wondering about another thing, Elite i20's in other countries like Turkey and Europe do have fuel economy as well as DTE in their MID (both the standard MID and the Supervision Cluster model in Asta(O)).

Did anyone investigate whether its firmware can be flashed with that one. I searched, with no conclusive finding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts1506 (Post 4321806)
Did anyone investigate whether its firmware can be flashed with that one. I searched, with no conclusive finding.

I have been running around on the same lines for my Creta which too doesn't get the FE data whatsoever.

The new-gen Verna gets it so there must be some way to get it added.

It could be a simple firmware upgrade or the whole instrument clusters needs to be changed along with the software update to ECU and BCM (if such thing exists)?!

Quote:

Part required :

This really helps. The light on the cluster is far too bright during the night time. Thanks a lot for the DIY :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4321652)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckranjan (Post 4321705)
It can be easily checked as in i20 there is a seperate wire for headlight control and ic light control. When i took out the old switch both the wires were there. The ic control wire was attached to a dummy socket. All it needed was a real socket to connect the wire.

I was hoping for a connector attached to a dummy socket in my E+ Petrol Creta for the illumination control. But, it simply don't have a separate wire. Only one wire and it's connected to the headlight levelling switch. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha (Post 4322584)
I was hoping for a connector attached to a dummy socket in my E+ Petrol Creta for the illumination control. But, it simply don't have a separate wire. Only one wire and it's connected to the headlight levelling switch. :(

That was the exact same point I made a couple of posts ago.
Can you please post pictures of the same, good sir?

Also, can anyone with the SX+ variant try the same & confirm if there’s a second wire, apart from the one connected to the headlight leveller, or not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AShubrah (Post 4322588)
That was the exact same point I made a couple of posts ago.
Can you please post pictures of the same, good sir?

Also, can anyone with the SX+ variant try the same & confirm if there’s a second wire, apart from the one connected to the headlight leveller, or not?

Here is the picture of switch connection E+ Petrol. You can see a dummy socket, but no connector attached to it. But 5 wires on a cable for a head lamp levelling control? Feel suspicious. Could the cable set be used for head lamp leveling and cluster illumination together? if so, the dummy socket may be for the traction control. Need to dig more in to it. Meanwhile, a switch cluster from a higher varient with traction control can provide more clarification.

DIY: Adding instrument cluster & HU brightness control to the Hyundai i20 Sportz-img_20171214_190740.jpg
DIY: Adding instrument cluster & HU brightness control to the Hyundai i20 Sportz-img_20171214_190608.jpg

Quote:

I inquired with a Hyundai SA regarding this for a 2019 Elite i20 Sportz+. I even sent him the link to this thread.
He checked and said that Sportz+ doesn't have the required wiring for this switch to work. According to him, it only comes in the Asta (O) variant.

What do you think?
Could he be right, or is he just trying to get out of doing some extra work :P ?

Also, do you have any pics with the switch open?