Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2020, 21:29   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Are there any good ones out there, that you can suggest, or have used? My honest opinion after using LED's - In Pitch Dark, they are awesome, but in mixed highway use they're barely seen.

Mod Note : Please punctuate, capitalize where ever required, also, you are requested to proof read posts before submitting them.
Thanks.
I guess the color temperature is the reason for it. 4000K to 5500K is the sweet spot for LED.

Well, I am not aware of any tried and tested brands in India. However, on Aliexpress, I would recommend the below ones since I am using it on my car.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...archweb201603_

Currently, shipping costs are exorbitant!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 30th October 2020 at 21:40.
Old 31st October 2020, 13:47   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I guess the color temperature is the reason for it. 4000K to 5500K is the sweet spot for LED.

Well, I am not aware of any tried and tested brands in India. However, on Aliexpress, I would recommend the below ones since I am using it on my car.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...archweb201603_

Currently, shipping costs are exorbitant!
Thanks Sagar. Will probably do a bit of research and update here once i get to something..
Old 8th November 2020, 11:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Was never a fan of Stock Bulbs and had changed them within the first 10K kms usage in about 6 months. Upgraded to Night Breaker H4's from Osram. Worked pretty well until now. The car is nearing 70K kms, and my recent drive was a nightmare to drive post 6 pm due to the poor headlights, the throw is really not where it's supposed to be and the brightness is just not upto the mark. Planning to upgrade to Rally Kit with 100/90. Please let me know your opinions on the same.
Sorry for the late reply . I have removed the 100/90W bulbs long back, the inside of the headlights had started to look a bit dull/faded. On the lighting front, I was satisfied with the output from the 100/90W bulbs.

Earlier this year I put Bi-xenon projectors with HID in the foglight slot & I am really happy with the results. Here's the link to my DIY thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-ecosport.html (DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps in our EcoSport)

p.s- I am aware that you are not exactly looking to upgrade the fogs as of now, but upgrading the fogs is the best option according to me.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 8th November 2020 at 11:31.
Old 13th December 2020, 12:32   #94
BHPian

Hi All, I am looking to upgrade my ecosport's headlights. Mine is an old 2013 model Ambiente Variant. I am an avid traveler but try to avoid night driving because of 2 reasons

a. Indian roads are kind of unpredictable and specifically during dark hours
b. I dont find my headlights sufficient enough to give me confidence.

Now, we cant do much about the point "a" but I am specifically looking to improvise on point "b". I don't want to go for something jazzy and loud and also want to be considerate for the people coming from opposite directions. I have gone through a lot of forums, shops and couldn't zero in on a specific mod for this. Hence, if someone can help me here with something which is easy to use and not a bomb on the pocket as well, then it will be of great help.

Thanks in advance
Old 16th December 2020, 01:21   #95

I own a Ford Ecosport Titanium+ Petrol AT (2019) model and I'd like to upgrade my headlights with Philips Ultinon Pro9000 series.

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-e/au/car...o9000-led.html

As far as I can tell, I need H8/H11/H16 for fog lights, H1 for high beam and H7 (most suitable replacement for H18?) for low beam.

Any guidance on the performance of these new LEDs from Philips and whether these would be a good replacement for stock Ecosport bulbs would be much appreciated.
Old 16th December 2020, 09:31   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1986 View Post
Now, we cant do much about the point "a" but I am specifically looking to improvise on point "b". I don't want to go for something jazzy and loud and also want to be considerate for the people coming from opposite directions. I have gone through a lot of forums, shops and couldn't zero in on a specific mod for this. Hence, if someone can help me here with something which is easy to use and not a bomb on the pocket as well, then it will be of great help.
One big positive of the pre-face-lift EcoSport was its circular fog lights. The very first lighting upgrade you should go for IMO is to install bi-xenon projector fog lights with 55W HID bulbs. These would make a world of difference for your night drives. They'd cost around 7-8K only and would be totally worth it. Afterwards, you can think of ways to make any changes in the headlamp bulbs if needed. But those should really be secondary. Check once with BlazeIndia - on Facebook - or PM me if you need contact details.

Last edited by navin : 16th December 2020 at 10:59. Reason: typo
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 10:01   #97
Team-BHP Support

This video is really really good on why LED's are deceptive in making you believe they are brighter than they really are.

Do check it out before deciding.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 10:44   #98
BHPian

Although LED bulbs look brighter and even throw more light in reality they are no good. I have seen many people upgrade to LEDS and then be back at halogens. My personal opinion is also the same. Halogens with their yellow light are best and most comfortable for driving.Led's with all their brightness made me feel half blind inspite using the best of them and aligning my beams using a beam aligner.
But the same using halogen i can drive so much better.
scorpian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 12:20   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Although LED bulbs look brighter and even throw more light in reality they are no good. I have seen many people upgrade to LEDS and then be back at halogens. My personal opinion is also the same. Halogens with their yellow light are best and most comfortable for driving.Led's with all their brightness made me feel half blind inspite using the best of them and aligning my beams using a beam aligner.
But the same using halogen i can drive so much better.
Unpopular opinion yet true.

Newer vehicle`s are not designed with halogen in mind, there is very little space for adequate reflector size, yet these jokers still send them out (meeting regulations of course) with halogen bulbs. Either they should have given it a projector of some sort or an LED matrix set up, i`m sure they are expensive.

The headlights of good old Ambassador \ Jeeps were amazing and yet so cheap, certainly we are never going back there. The closest you get is an auxiliary halogen driving light to help the high beam.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 16:47   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
One big positive of the pre-face-lift EcoSport was its circular fog lights.
===
PM me if you need contact details.
Thanks. Will connect with you on this. Need more info about the same. Will check out their page on Facebook as well.

PS: I can't PM you as I am still a newbie here.. Tried to get in touch with Blaze India but they are not reachable..

Last edited by Mickey1986 : 16th December 2020 at 17:03. Reason: Adding more information
Old 5th January 2021, 12:42   #101
BHPian

Wanted to buy a set of fog lamp projectors (3", iphcar) with HID bulbs. What's a good place in JC Road? Or anywhere else in Bangalore? thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
Wanted to buy a set of fog lamp projectors (3", iphcar) with HID bulbs. What's a good place in JC Road? Or anywhere else in Bangalore? thanks

I have set of spare 3" lenses that I am willing to ship if you are interested. Then you will only require bulbs for your setup.

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...g-Lenses.html/
Old 8th January 2021, 20:40   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
Most of the members on TB have gone with Blaze India from Delhi, I did contact him for a set and his prices were lower in comparison.
Old 12th August 2021, 19:42   #104
BHPian

Bought Osram H7 LEDs off Amazon for 3499, fair price for a set of name brand LEDs, i think. Comes with two additional rubber gaskets(more on that later) and 2 zip-ties.
Really easy to install in the H18 holder of Ecosport, had to make a tiny modification in the bulb holder, it comes off the LEDs and can be secured with the bulb clamp, the actual bulb slides into it and is secured by frictional locking aided by 2 rubber gaskets. As plug and play as it gets.
I haven't aligned the headlights yet so i won't post pics, but the cut off seems as sharp as halogens, if not sharper.
The pic shows the H7 holder on the left, the right one is modified by me to fit the H18 holder. Looks neat to me, and fits like a glove.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade-img_20210812_153820.jpg  

Old 28th November 2023, 14:54   #105
BHPian

Guys a friend has the ecosport dragon with projector headlights. But they are halogen and he’s having trouble at night. Having to keep flashing and trying to see ahead.

What bulbs are needed for the ecosport low and high beam? I have a pair of H7 LEDs from Osram from my safari Storme which I sold. Will those be useful to him?

What about the high beam.

Most Viewed