Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2020, 12:18   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!

Job well done. Did you manage to get the headlamp leveler coupler as well? Looks great!

If possible please share some pics of the headlight side leveler connector

What gauge of wires are you using in the fuse box? Can you share the headlamp part numbers
Old 24th October 2020, 11:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Job well done. Did you manage to get the headlamp leveler coupler as well? Looks great!

If possible please share some pics of the headlight side leveler connector

What gauge of wires are you using in the fuse box? Can you share the headlamp part numbers

Thanks Sagar

Yes, i got the headlamp leveler to work, got the required couplers from a Youtuber who did the same mod in his Tigor. He had no need for the couplers so he sent it to me for a very reasonable price. I am attaching three pics below for you. The first one is headlight side coupler, second one plugs into the stock factory wiring and the third one is the complete coupler assembly that you'll need to pull this off.

The wires i used were salvaged off of a dead Computer UPS a few months ago, the wires connected to negative and positive of battery are the same that were connected to UPS battery. Don't exactly know the gauge and the remaining two (High Beam and Low Beam) came connected with the Fuse Tap itself.

The headlamps that i have installed are the one's from Tigor/TigorJTP/Tiago JTP (They have chrome border surrounding high beam and low beam housings)

Part numbers are as follows:

Boodmo Links :
Headlamp Left

Headlamp Right
Attached Thumbnails
Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-img_20201024_111224.jpg  

Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-img_20201024_111230.jpg  

Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!-img_20201024_111234.jpg  

pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 14:58   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Thanks Sagar

The headlamps that i have installed are the one's from Tigor/TigorJTP/Tiago JTP (They have chrome border surrounding high beam and low beam housings)

Part numbers are as follows:

I see you have the boot lamp ordered from boodmo. Do post a seperate thread if you install the boot lamp as DIY
Old 24th October 2020, 18:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I see you have the boot lamp ordered from boodmo. Do post a seperate thread if you install the boot lamp as DIY
Yes, i did order the Boot Lamp during sale on Boodmo along with the Headlamps. I am planning to complete the DIY as soon as possible, also bought the rear fog lamp yesterday, will also install it and tap it's connection with front fog lamps for practical functionality. Have already planned the wire routing of the bootlamp and also managed to pull out a long wiring kit(from dashboard to boot) from a totaled Maruti 800. I've basically got everything needed just need some time alone with the car to complete it. Will surely post it in a separate thread.
Old 26th October 2020, 10:07   #35
BHPian

If the original headlamps are replaced with the Tigor headlamps, only the connector on the headlamp would be different. So why not cutoff the connector from the old headlamp and connect it to the new headlamp? If the soldering is done neatly same the wires are insulated with shrink sleeves, it should look and work perfectly. This saves the time and effort of finding the new connector.
Old 26th October 2020, 10:43   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
If the original headlamps are replaced with the Tigor headlamps, only the connector on the headlamp would be different. So why not cutoff the connector from the old headlamp and connect it to the new headlamp? If the soldering is done neatly same the wires are insulated with shrink sleeves, it should look and work perfectly. This saves the time and effort of finding the new connector.
Cutting wires/soldering on connections etc generally tends to be questionable when it comes to warranty claims. Hence they went through the longer process of making conversion pigtails. All their changes are completely reversible to stock setup. The cars are in warranty.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks