Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 15:52   #61
BHPian

Re: DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So no - you have not installed your bulb incorrectly . Its not supposed to turn on unless you are in 2nd position of the headlamp stalk.
Many Thanks again for a quick revert, this is indeed comforting to know that I haven't messed up with the installation
But somehow, I do remember that the first position of the stalk (parking light position) the low beam halogen used to dimly light up with DRL being lit as well (also mentioned in the owners manual - extract attached). I will try to put one halogen back and check and post picture
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit-whatsapp-image-20230727-16.03.38.jpeg  

Last edited by diablo29 : 27th July 2023 at 16:05. Reason: Picture attached from owners manual
Old 27th July 2023, 16:40   #62
BHPian

Re: DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
Many Thanks again for a quick revert, this is indeed comforting to know that I haven't messed up with the installation
But somehow, I do remember that the first position of the stalk (parking light position) the low beam halogen used to dimly light up with DRL being lit as well (also mentioned in the owners manual - extract attached). I will try to put one halogen back and check and post picture
Post re-checking, can confirm that the parking light position indeed did not light up the low beams on Nexon. Why I thought it did light up the low beams dimly was, during dawn or dusk times I do switch on that position (parking lamp) and then switch on the fogs hence some light falls on the roads and hence mixed up the fog lamp light with low beams. Apologies for that.
Attaching pictures pre installation and post with Osram 50w LED on low beams.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit-whatsapp-image-20230727-16.37.25.jpeg  

DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit-whatsapp-image-20230727-16.37.26.jpeg  

diablo29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks