Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 22:42   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So, after nearly a couple of years, shifted to a more conventional implementation.
Better implementation.

Ajitabh is running on low beams only as we couldn't do the final high beam setup. I suggested him to connect the high beam solenoid wires of fog lamps to the actual foglamp output. That ways, he could have switched to high beam of fog lamps by simply switching on the foglamp combination switch. As far as cornering function of original foglamps is concerned, the current would not be lighting up the HIDs but only the solenoid and I guess that shouldn't be a problem.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 22:46   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Better implementation.
Yeah, I have to agree, having used it a couple of times now .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Ajitabh is running on low beams only as we couldn't do the final high beam setup. I suggested him to connect the high beam solenoid wires of fog lamps to the actual foglamp output. That ways, he could have switched to high beam of fog lamps by simply switching on the foglamp combination switch. As far as cornering function of original foglamps is concerned, the current would not be lighting up the HIDs but only the solenoid and I guess that shouldn't be a problem.
Thats a wonderful idea doc! Half of me wants to do this now! It will be very clean, no splicing & actually usable switch on the console as well. Just that - it wont be effective for overtaking/warning flashes. (This does not apply in Ajitabh's case - given he is using them without the high beam so far anyway!) Let me try to talk him into it .
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:49   #48

Hi, instead of using new switches, can we make use of the existing central panel switch bar? next to the boot opening switch.

Regards,
Raghs
Old 27th January 2022, 13:30   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghp74 View Post
Hi, instead of using new switches, can we make use of the existing central panel switch bar? next to the boot opening switch.
Hello raghp74 - no not really. They are all integrated into a single coupler, that is connected via the BCM. If you really want to reuse this - you'll need to remove the single module that houses all the panel switches, open it & solder wiring into the particular button, separately. Then take this wiring out via a 12V source and connect to the new fog lights. I had contemplated this a bit - but that definitely would void the warranty & the hassle is simply too much for very little real gain. So dropped the plan.

Off topic update
Rats struck again . The high-beam solenoid wires of the RHS projector, were a bit inaccessible and I couldn't spray the rat repellent spray on this pair. And the rodents have managed a clean cut on these! So the high beam flap is now non functional on the RHS projector. Another 1-2 hours to be spent now over some weekend, to remove the fog-light and replace the wires + cover them with conduit. Since the lights are working fine & I hardly ever use high-beams, just being lazy about this repair.

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th January 2022 at 13:50.
Old 28th January 2022, 00:44   #50

Thank you Reinhard!! it clarified my doubt.
Also for RATS, I recently got the steel meshing done for the critical wires and cables in my wife's Wagon-R. It costed me 1100 Rs. But seems to be ok.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:08   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Suddenly the fog lights didn't turn on yesterday. I had not driven the car since a month now, so the first thought was rats did their usual thing (although there were no signs of entry in the engine bay when I did the customary check before starting the car). Thankfully - no rat damage. Huge sigh of relief.

Turns out - the battery water-acid had spilled over during topup- and managed to damage the fuse of the relay harness over time. It had rusted away and plastic had deformed a bit. Thank god it got caught before something unpleasant happened. Replacing it today with a new fuse holder and 20A blade, routed from a different place, far away from the battery now.

Last edited by Reinhard : 2nd May 2022 at 11:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks