Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:44   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Finally I too added puddle lamps to my sx4, I purchased the wire as well as I wanted a perfect connector fitment.
Great. Please share some snaps. Also share the part number of the wires as I intend to do this on my brother's S-Cross.
Old 24th July 2020, 12:03   #32
BHPian

Here are two pics that i managed to click while doing the job.

The part number for the wire is 36826M68P00.
There is also another part number for lamp assembly 36210M75JA0 that costs 96.00 as compared to the SGP part that is 385.00.
This 36210M75JA0 part is used for boot lighting and has a on/off switch too if i am not mistaken. Rest all construction of the unit looks identical to SGP part as far as fitting would go.I think that can also be used as its cheaper.

I also used silicone gasket maker to seal all open wiring ends just to prevent water or moisture ingress.Since it is open from one side i also used aluminium tape to kind off cover the top portion so all light is reflected downwards.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-20200719_110700-1.jpg  

DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-20200721_194948.jpg  

scorpian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 20:52   #33

Nice addition of puddle lamps, definitely adds an upmarket feel to the car.
Followed your thread for sometime and installed another boot lamp on the left side panel next to the hook.
The existing stock one came with 5W halogen bulbs which were rather dull and dim lit. Would make little to no difference at night. Then I installed Osram LED bulbs but it was just a satisfactory upgrade. Made just a little difference.

Started off by ordering the same boot lamp part from boodmo. Part number:36210M75JA0. Cost of the part is Rs96 (a lot cheaper than the SGP puddle lamp)
In fact I tried to do such a thing only because of the boodmo free delivery week. On usual days the delivery cost would be almost half the price of the part.
(The lamp came with halogen bulb, replaced with another LED)
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-boot-lamp.jpg
Initially I thought I would solder the wires to the contact points here. Later on close inspection with a multimeter found out that the lamp setup contains a small diode(black) which restricts the polarity of the the terminals to positive and negative only. At the same time I read about a fellow BHPians post on installing an aftermarket horn in his city. He had used spade connectors to solve the connector issue. Thought I could try the same and make a proper connection I could remove if I wanted to someday. Got few spade connectors from an electrical shop, insulated them well and connected it the lamp's terminals. Made sure it was tight and would make no contact with the adjacent terminal.

I used 1sqmm havells wire with approximate length of 2.5Metres from one end to another.
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-lamp2.jpg

Next, I removed the existing lamp, soldered the two wires on the contact terminals and insulated them well with hot glue(silicon).
Made a hole next to the luggage hook on left side of the boot with a blade and chipped the inner sides until the lamp was a perfect fit.

DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-finish.jpg

I routed the wires through the weather strips. I plan to install a proper conduit in the future to avoid any contact of wires to the body.
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-wire.jpg

I have made the connections such that, I could turn off the new lamp manually with the switch while the existing one remains in the ON position. If the stock lamp is turned of by the switch provided there, both the lamps turn off.

The final output at night
With both lamps off:
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-0.jpg.

With one stock lamp:
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-stock.jpg

With both lamps on:
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-2.jpg
DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza-3.jpg

The new lamp also has the auto dimming effect similar to the stock one and illuminates the boot very well now

Regards,
advaithraju
advaithraju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 13:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
I have received them but haven't got a chance to install them yet.
Sir if you did install them, could you please share the images?
Old 3rd May 2023, 07:57   #35
BHPian

Hello Everyone, Seems like Maruti has localized the manufacturing of the puddle lamps so the price is very less compared to the SGP Puddle lamp.

Part number: 36210M50S00
Price:120rs
Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-lamp...llum-50728259/

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks