Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2020, 11:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Which seller on Aliexpress did you buy from? Maybe, the bracket quality depends on the seller. Just thinking out loud.
Actually the brackets seem to be supplied by a universal single manufacturer. Even separate kits off just the brackets (all of them together!) are available. Same imaging is used everywhere also. Typical Chinese mass production setup by the looks of it. Same source being sold via different channels/lables.
Old 8th April 2020, 09:55   #17
BHPian

Do all Tata cars use bracket 30?
Old 8th April 2020, 11:47   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
I think yes, most of them use the Bracket no. 30.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 11:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any idea about Hexa?
Old 8th April 2020, 12:43   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Quote:
Any idea about Hexa?
Indeed yes. All current gen Tata cars use the same IRVM anti-glare unit starting since Vista. Same bracket #30 will work for the new one.
Here is the OEM mirror part to confirm the product sharing. Same for all Tata cars.

Link - Boodmo - Tata Standard IRVM anti glare.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th April 2020 at 12:48.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 12:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Indeed yes. All current gen Tata cars use the same IRVM anti-glare unit starting since Vista. Same bracket #30 will work for the new one.
Here is the OEM mirror part to confirm the product sharing. Same for all Tata cars.

Link - Boodmo - Tata Standard IRVM anti glare.
Tata does not provide auto dimming irvm on any of its cars?
Old 8th April 2020, 13:08   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tata does not provide auto dimming irvm on any of its cars?
Now it does - only in the top spec Harrier 2020 XZ+/XZA+.
Old 8th April 2020, 13:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Now it does - only in the top spec Harrier 2020 XZ+/XZA+.
Any idea if that can be sourced and installed on Hexa?
Old 8th April 2020, 13:31   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if that can be sourced and installed on Hexa?
As of now - it is not available on boodmo.com. So you'll have to source it from TASC by placing an order for purchase. Generally this part won't be in ready stock at ASC. They'll place an order & then it will be shipped from Pune.

The part will fit as long as bracket is same - and it will be same since the windshield with the holder will be same across all trims. I have not seen the wiring harness for it. But should be doable anyway. No rocket science there.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th April 2020 at 13:44.
Old 8th April 2020, 13:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
As of now - it is not available on boodmo.com. So you'll have to source it from TASC by placing an order for purchase. Generally this part won't be in ready stock at ASC. They'll place an order & then it will be shipped from Pune generally.

The part will fit as long as bracket is same - and it will be same since the windshield with the holder will be same across all trims. I have not seen the wiring harness for it. But should be doable anyway. No rocket science there.
Yes I had checked on boodmo. Not available there. That's why asked here
Old 18th January 2021, 19:22   #26
BHPian

I feel the auto dimming function is not working properly in my TATA NEXON. I don't see any change even after closing the sensor at the backside of the mirror.
Any diagnostic repair possible? Please let me know.
Old 1st February 2021, 21:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith View Post
I feel the auto dimming function is not working properly in my TATA NEXON. I don't see any change even after closing the sensor at the backside of the mirror.
Any diagnostic repair possible? Please let me know.
Hi - sorry just realized that there was a post on this thread. So - does the green LED glow on the IRVM? Can you post a video of the behavior here? When you cover the rear sensor - the mirror will only dim if there is ample ambient light falling on the front sensor. If ambient light isn't much - the mirror won't dim even if you cover the rear sensor.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 12:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - sorry just realized that there was a post on this thread. So - does the green LED glow on the IRVM?
Actually it's working as advertised and the LED is glowing. But like you said, if enough light doesn't fall on the front sensor, the auto dimming doesn't work irrespective of rear sensor being covered or not.
So I believe the position of the mirror is not correct and hence during night time enough light is not falling on the front sensor. So it is not auto dimming properly.
Old 8th February 2021, 12:50   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith View Post
Actually it's working as advertised and the LED is glowing. But like you said, if enough light doesn't fall on the front sensor, the auto dimming doesn't work irrespective of rear sensor being covered or not.
So I believe the position of the mirror is not correct and hence during night time enough light is not falling on the front sensor. So it is not auto dimming properly.
I'm a bit confused. Let me try to explain how it works.
  1. The sensor on the rear of the mirror assembly - that is looking forward towards the bonnet & road - is the one that decides whether its dark or day. When its dusk / evening / night - there is no ambient light falling on this sensor & the built-in logic "learns" that its now dark & auto-dimming will be needed.
  2. The sensor below the mirror glass - is "looking" backwards through the rear window.
  3. When the forward sensor registers "DARK" and rearward sensor registers "LIGHT" - the logic dims the glass by green tint. Thus creating a "night" dimming. When will this occur? When its dark outside & there is a car/bike behind you running high beams - that throw the light straight into your IRVM's sensor.
  4. Trust me - it works like a charm in my Nexon. The IRVM position is perfect in fact. Not once has it let me down. I have tested the difference by manually switching it off during night. And its a huge difference. So if its not working properly for you - I suspect the IRVM is faulty. Test it the way I have tested it in my test video on the thread. By fully covering the sensor behind the mirror by hand.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I'm a bit confused. Let me try to explain how it works.[list=1][*]The sensor on the rear of the mirror assembly - that is looking forward towards the bonnet & road - is the one that decides whether its dark or day. When its dusk / evening / night - there is no ambient light falling on this sensor & the built-in logic "learns" that its now dark & auto-dimming will be needed.[*]The sensor below the mirror glass - is "looking" backwards through the rear window.[*]When the forward sensor registers "DARK" and rearward sensor registers "LIGHT" - the logic dims the glass by green tint. Thus creating a "night" dimming. When will this occur? When its dark outside & there is a car/bike behind you running high beams - that throw the light straight into your IRVM's sensor.
Thank you for your detailed explanation.

This is what I have done now to test the mirror(during day time).
1)Covered the rear sensor using a blue insulation tape.
2)Switched on the ACC supply and when there is light in front of the mirror like a flashlight, the mirror automatically dims.
3)If I turn off the power, the Green LED turns off and the mirror becomes just like a normal mirror and if I turn on the power again, immediately it tints itself.
So the auto dimming works to my satisfaction.

During night time if I remove the tape from the rear sensor and shine my flashlight in front of the mirror, it doesn't dim so well. I am unable to identify if it's dimming or not. So I too doubt that there is some issue with the mirror and I guess it can't be repaired.

I will check again during night time and confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks