Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 17:15   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon

Has anyone bought auto dimming IRVM recently? Where did you buy it from?
Old 20th February 2021, 15:25   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
Has anyone bought auto dimming IRVM recently? Where did you buy it from?
Supply is rather dry since the trouble with China and with Covid19 disruption. However - some sellers are now opening up again from AliExpress if you like. Here is one link - Link - AliExpress.com - Auto Dim IRVM

Its now at about 5500 INR. I had got it for 2K cheaper. But if it was available for 5.5K back then and there was no cheaper option - I'd still have gone for it anyway. It is worth this much for sure.
Old 20th February 2021, 16:02   #33
BHPian

I see a couple of sellers offering options to choose your bracket types. Here's one
Old 20th February 2021, 18:11   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
I see a couple of sellers offering options to choose your bracket types.
All of them do. Either in option selection button/list or as an instruction message when placing the order.
Since the mirror is the same, they have to give option of the mounting bracked so that all car owners can order.
Old 20th February 2021, 19:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It shows available, but one gets the error below when they try to place the order. Same is the case with all the sellers on AliExpress.

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-screenshot_20210220194649_chrome.png
toroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 10:34   #36

I am desperately looking for a auto-dimming IRVM for my Nexon. Wonder how Tata left out such a vital part even on the top-end model.

Wish AliExpress starts shipping to India again.

Are there any local dealers with stock of these? Or can I install the IRVM of any other car with it's bracket? Does any other Tata car have auto-dimming mirrors and will it be available on Boodmo?

Need some guidance on this.
Old 9th July 2021, 15:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerEphraim View Post
Are there any local dealers with stock of these? Or can I install the IRVM of any other car with it's bracket? Does any other Tata car have auto-dimming mirrors and will it be available on Boodmo? Need some guidance on this.
Unfortunately its not really available much easily with any local vendors. Most tend to keep the ones that also have a reverse camera input and small LCD display. Quite a few people I know have reported that the auto-dim feature in those is not at all satisfactory.
Its quite disappointing that such a valuable item is not available anywhere at all. Harrier XZ+ comes with this mirror - which funnily is the exact unit pretty much that I imported via AliExpress. This one though isn't available on Boodmo just yet. So you might have to visit an ASC and place an order for it. The mirror for Maruti cars - is available on Boodmo - but Maruti cars use a completely different mounting bracket. So you'll need to find a replacement Tata spec bracket somehow. Not an easy task again given AliExpress is not functional.
Old 9th July 2021, 16:09   #38

Quote:
Unfortunately its not really available much easily with any local vendors. Most tend to keep the ones that also have a reverse camera input and small LCD display. Quite a few people I know have reported that the auto-dim feature in those is not at all satisfactory.
Its quite disappointing that such a valuable item is not available anywhere at all. Harrier XZ+ comes with this mirror - which funnily is the exact unit pretty much that I imported via AliExpress. This one though isn't available on Boodmo just yet. So you might have to visit an ASC and place an order for it. The mirror for Maruti cars - is available on Boodmo - but Maruti cars use a completely different mounting bracket. So you'll need to find a replacement Tata spec bracket somehow. Not an easy task again given AliExpress is not functional.
So if I understand right, the Harrier mirror will fit the Nexon right?

I saw a couple of DIY threads on T-BHP where users pasted a new bracket on the glass. Can I not do that? An example is here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...onda-jazz.html (DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz)
Old 9th July 2021, 18:45   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So if I understand right, the Harrier mirror will fit the Nexon right?
Thats the tricky bit. The mirror mount in ALL Tata cars has been the same since over a decade now. Across all segments. Vista to Harrier (at least the manual mirror versions for sure). The only thing you should check is - whether the same mount is used in the Harrier 2020 XZ+ for the auto-dim IRVM. Simplest way to verify - visit a showroom and take a peek.

In case they have changed it - then you'll need to manage the mounting bracket by doing jugaad like pasting a new mounting place of existing one. Recently DBHpian Leoshashi also did this in his XL6, using a maruti OEM IRVM unit with different mounting bracket.

If they are using the same mount in the Harrier - your problem is solved. Simply order for it in ASC (might be costly, do post the price if you learn about it from them / you order it) & install it yourself. No bracket change needed. Of course - depending on how the harness is made for the Harrier XZ+ - you might have to do some extension etc fiddling with it before actual installation to ensure the required wires reach the fuse box. But these are easily manageable items with basic experience also.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th July 2021 at 18:46.
Old 11th July 2021, 01:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I am desperately looking for a auto-dimming IRVM for my Nexon. Wonder how Tata left out such a vital part even on the top-end model.

Wish AliExpress starts shipping to India again.

Are there any local dealers with stock of these? Or can I install the IRVM of any other car with it's bracket? Does any other Tata car have auto-dimming mirrors and will it be available on Boodmo?

Need some guidance on this.
I bought it from a dealer in Bangalore in February this year. I have installed it in my Tiago XZ+ 2021. I'm satisfied with the overall quality. You can try reaching out to him.

Krishna: +91 98441 42167

Last edited by toroid : 11th July 2021 at 01:12.
Old 11th July 2021, 15:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
I bought it from a dealer in Bangalore in February this year. I have installed it in my Tiago XZ+ 2021. I'm satisfied with the overall quality. You can try reaching out to him.
Krishna: +91 98441 42167
Thanks for sharing this very useful information! If its feasible - could you please share some picture / video of the installed IRVM & function? It will be very useful for fellow readers to make an informed decision about the product (I myself might source one for a car of my cousin).
Old 11th July 2021, 16:30   #42
BHPian

Hello All

This bracket is same as Maruti scross auto dimming mirror so you can order the same from authorized maruti spare parts dealer.

Below is the link from Bhpian who has installed in his Scross, this thread has all parts no with details.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...m-s-cross.html (DIY: Auto-Dimming IRVM (S-Cross))
Old 15th July 2021, 13:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to S Sanjay Mohan for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Greetings!

I'd like to share my DIY of the auto-dimming IRVM installation on my Tata Nexon.

Sourced From: Shri Sai Ganesh Enterprises, Basavangudi, Bengaluru
Cost: ₹ 7,500 including shipping to Chennai. I was issued GST Invoice.

Details
  1. Came with a car specific mount. (Please inform your car's mirror mount specification while ordering)
  2. The wiring had three wires, Red (+'ve) to tap into the fuse (I used a MINI fuse tap), Black (-'ve) ground and a Green (had a tag mentioning 'Back Car Signal'), which I didn't know where to connect, hence I left it without connecting.
  3. There's a fuse box (Refer Image) attached to the Red wire.
  4. Packaging was ok, the fuse box lock was broken, which might be due to mishandling during shipping.
  5. I've not taken any pictures during the installation, as it was my first DIY, w.r.t car electricals. But there is a video of the same.
  6. The positive is connected to the cabin fuse box's Fuse No.11. The black wire is connected to the knot holding the fuse box.
  7. The mirror works without any issues to date (received the package on 1 July and installed it on 3 July)

I thank Team-BHP and its members for the vast information.

A special thanks to BHPian Reinhard for his DIYs, which inspired me to do my own DIY installation of the IRVM. The fog lamp projector (sourced from motor basket) was installed at FNG. Also, I installed the OEM tweeters, mine is the Nexon 'XT' variant. The front doors had a tweeter coupler, while the rear doors had none, so I connected it to the existing speakers.

Overall, I'm happy with the installation - great satisfaction from the DIY.

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon1.jpeg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon2.jpeg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon3.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon4.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon5.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon6.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon7.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon8.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon9.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon10.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon11.jpg

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-diyirvmnexon12.jpg
RahulNagaraj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 23:33   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello All

This bracket is same as Maruti scross auto dimming mirror so you can order the same from authorized maruti spare parts dealer.

Below is the link from Bhpian who has installed in his Scross, this thread has all parts no with details.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...m-s-cross.html (DIY: Auto-Dimming IRVM (S-Cross))
Are you implying that the tata mirror mount is same as S cross mirror mount?
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 07:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thanks for sharing this very useful information! If its feasible - could you please share some picture / video of the installed IRVM & function? It will be very useful for fellow readers to make an informed decision about the product (I myself might source one for a car of my cousin).
Apologies for late response. I was out of city and did not have access to Grace (my Tiago).

This is video of IRVM working. Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks