Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 08:10   #46
BHPian

Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Are you implying that the tata mirror mount is same as S cross mirror mount?
I don't think so. I feel both are different and Maruti 's is more common across many brands and maybe easier to source.

Even I felt that I could fix Maruti Celerio's Auto dimming IRVM in Nexon when mine seemed not working properly. But later on I dropped that idea because when I removed the IRVM and connected it to a 12v battery, it was working properly.

The mirror mount of TATA Nexon is as shown below.

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-img_20210718_074344.jpg

And also attached is the photo taken from Distinguished - BHPian laluks DIY page.

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon-screenshot_2021071807515421.jpg

I guess the only method is to get an OEM Nexon IRVM and swap the mirror base somehow.
vijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 20:29   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

All tata cars from Indica to harrier and safari use the same mirror assembly and hence the same mount. I will enquire about the cost of auto dimming mirror from Harrier when I visit the service center next week.
Old 28th August 2021, 18:56   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto Dimming mirror as TATA official accessory

Tata has started offering Auto dimming mirror kit as an official accessory.
Can be procured from Tata dealership!

Part number - 885732002919
Cost - Rs.8200

Also stumbled upon the below video showing the same!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 28th August 2021 at 18:59.
sagarpadaki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:38   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Dimming mirror as TATA official accessory

Quote:
Tata has started offering Auto dimming mirror kit as an official accessory.
Part number - 885732002919
Cost - Rs.8200
Thanks for sharing this pleasant update. I'd say it was long overdue. Its clearly visible that Tata was using the same unit in the Harrier/Safari top trims, and not offering it still as an accessory was a bit inexplicable. Maybe supply-chain and volume issues. Can't think of any other reason. Finally its available.

However - the price is prohibitively high. Sales will be quite low. I procured the same unit from AliExpress for something around 3-4K. So TML is looking for a nearly 100% margin on this (even assuming retail input cost, which they won't be paying for sure). Rather stupid pricing I'd say.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:54   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thanks for sharing this pleasant update. I'd say it was long overdue. Its clearly visible that Tata was using the same unit in the Harrier/Safari top trims, and not offering it still as an accessory was a bit inexplicable. Maybe supply-chain and volume issues. Can't think of any other reason. Finally its available.

However - the price is prohibitively high. Sales will be quite low. I procured the same unit from AliExpress for something around 3-4K. So TML is looking for a nearly 100% margin on this (even assuming retail input cost, which they won't be paying for sure). Rather stupid pricing I'd say.
Absolutely overpriced. But with the current state Aliexpress ban, I feel this is the only option.

The mount provided in this kit also looks much better designed and robust since it slides into the existing factory mount on the windshield. There are lot of instances of the aliexpress procured mirror mount breaking
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely overpriced. But with the current state Aliexpress ban, I feel this is the only option.

The mount provided in this kit also looks much better designed and robust since it slides into the existing factory mount on the windshield. There are lot of instances of the aliexpress procured mirror mount breaking
I am trying to get this item as well as iPhcar projector lamps through aliexpress/alibaba but the shipping is equal to the product cost 4K+4K for IRVM...now searching for other options.

I have a Tata Tiago and wanted to fit IRVM & fog lamps in it, now i'll have start looking for other OEM option i guess...
SulemanP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:39   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a listing on boodmo for Auto dimming mirror from Ficosa, who are the OE supplier for Tata, for around 5k

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-inte...rror-58078081/

This is used in Harrier and Safari and the Tata spare for the same costs around 13k.

This is a cheaper option if one get the mount from Harrier/Safari stuck to the winshield. I believe this is the same item being sold as a Tata genuine accessory as well with additional adaptors, fuse tap and wiring harness, which should not be a problem for any decent DIY'er to do on their own

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 29th September 2022 at 10:41.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:20   #53
BHPian

Hi,
Has anyone tried using below part in any of the TATA vehicles. Assuming that the mirror mount is same for all TATA vehicles.

If someone has installed it please share the feedback if there is any change in the mount/plug type.
Old 11th October 2022, 16:37   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post
Hi,
Has anyone tried using below part in any of the TATA vehicles. Assuming that the mirror mount is same for all TATA vehicles.

If someone has installed it please share the feedback if there is any change in the mount/plug type.
The mount on Harrier/Safari that use the auto dimming mirror is different compared to the other Tata cars that use normal mirror.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks