Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 15:48   #16
BHPian

Re: 70mai Rearview Mirror Dashcam - Installation and observations

Generally speaking, In India is the footage taken from a dashcam an acceptable form of evidence when one is making any claims ?
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 15:36   #17
BHPian

I have a Yi Mirror mounted Dash Cam in my XUV 500. The unit works well but after a year's use the mirror changes position while driving on rough roads. My experience says we need to go in for stand alone Dash Cams.
Zen Av8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 02:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Generally speaking, In India is the footage taken from a dashcam an acceptable form of evidence when one is making any claims ?
It is certainly better than nothing or relying on eyewitnesses. Without any proof, it'd be my words against their. Having video recording definitely provides an irrefutable proof. I think that should settle the matter in case of an accident.

A dashcam such as this one stays obscure and in case on an accident, the footage can be wirelessly downloaded to the phone. It even shows the time and date of the recording. I think a dashcam is a must have for a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
I have a Yi Mirror mounted Dash Cam in my XUV 500. The unit works well but after a year's use the mirror changes position while driving on rough roads. My experience says we need to go in for stand alone Dash Cams.
It hasn't been a problem for me so far. Maybe I haven't come across bad enough roads or the OEM mirror ball join is sturdy enough to support the additional weight.

Standalone dashcams are better. I went for this because it provides dual-channel recording and also work as a reversing camera.

Last edited by puneeth2 : 18th May 2020 at 02:29.
puneeth2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 02:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneeth2 View Post
It is certainly better than nothing or relying on eyewitnesses. Without any proof, it'd be my words against their. Having video recording definitely provides an irrefutable proof. I think that should settle the matter in case of an accident.

Interesting, then probably about time manufactures start adding at as a feature in their top spec trims.
Old 19th May 2020, 21:05   #20
BHPian

I have been using this dash cam in my swift for almost six months now. Bought this from aliexpress during 9/9 sale. Front video quality is good considering the price. Rear quality is not as expected. The only issue i find is the IRVM is little loose than earlier. Hope it doesn't worsen. And is there a way to remove watermark and time stamp?

P.S. 70MAI have updated their product range with full screen display and better rear camera.

Product link : https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUotGhH
Old 27th September 2020, 15:22   #21

Hello everyone,

Even I am looking for a dashcam. But confused with the 70mai mirror dashcam or stand alone one.
A friend of mine is using SJCAM Sj4000 action camera as a dash cam, it has dashcam feature available, plus it can be used as action cam whenever required. Pricing is approx ₹5000, but he raised the same issue of battery failure due to long time exposure to heat.

Thanks
Chandan
Old 23rd January 2021, 15:13   #22
BHPian

Is there any shop where we can buy this and install in Bangalore ? I'm looking at the 70mai A800 4K with rear cam. I'm a bit nervous trying to wire this especially with the record when parked hardwiring
Old 29th July 2021, 23:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't expect it to be as reflective as a regular mirror given that it has a display undernearth. However, it is just as good as the OEM mirror if not better. When the display is off, it is properly functional as a rear view mirror.
Can you share photo / video of your usage of the device as an IRVM when the display is switched off ?

Are you experiencing any noticeable discomfort at night due to IRVM reflection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
my uncle has a similar display unit (minus the front camera) in his Honda City. Over time it sags and points downwards and its terrible as an IRVM.
Is it Honda Genuine accessory rear view cam?
Old 27th September 2021, 13:03   #24

How have managed night time glare when light from approaching vehicle falls directly on the rear camera?

One option I see is to install a polarizing filter. I am looking for some options. Below is one that I found.

https://www.viofo.com/en/accessories...r-dashcam.html
Old 11th October 2021, 17:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
It is fairly light and I drove the car around for 2 weeks and it hasn't changed its position. I think sagging due to weight might not be an issue. However, it might also depend on how stiff the existing mirror's movement at the ball joint is.

It obviously adds a bit of thickness to the existing mirror, but one can get used to it.

I didn't expect it to be as reflective as a regular mirror given that it has a display undernearth. However, it is just as good as the OEM mirror if not better. When the display is off, it is properly functional as a rear view mirror.
Hi Puneeth, How is your dashcam holding up? How is the rear view , especially on highways?
I am planning to get this one for my Altis as it doesn't have a rear camera
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 18:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi Puneeth, How is your dashcam holding up? How is the rear view , especially on highways?
I am planning to get this one for my Altis as it doesn't have a rear camera
Hello Vikram,
I'm pretty satisfied with it. The main factor for me to buy this was to add reverse camera functionality. Dual camera recording is a bonus. So far, it has worked really well. I ordered another one a year ago for one of my relatives, since he was very impressed by my unit.
The new version has a wider screen and uses the full mirror area.
I'd recommend it
puneeth2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 19:22   #27

Quote:
Hello Vikram,
I'm pretty satisfied with it. The main factor for me to buy this was to add reverse camera functionality. Dual camera recording is a bonus. So far, it has worked really well. I ordered another one a year ago for one of my relatives, since he was very impressed by my unit.
The new version has a wider screen and uses the full mirror area.
I'd recommend it
I am using the "Rear Dash Cam Wide" and can say the front/rear camera's video capture is excellent. At night, the front camera is excellent but the back camera has severe glare when the approaching vehicle's light falls directly on the camera. I still do not how to deal with it.
Archer797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:54   #28
BHPian

Hello, I plan to install a IRVM Dash camera from 70mai.
Only question is how does the 70mai mirror perform as an actual IRVM in the day and at night? Does it help with some dimming like Auto-dimming IRVM at night with high beams behind?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks