Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 21:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY: Auto Folding ORVMs (Maruti S-Cross)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Thank you Sir, for the reply.
Also, Noted your opinion and concerns with respect to this DIY project.
I will buy the item soon and will carry out the work taking your "posted information" as the guide.
Wishing you a good satisfying DIY
Please do ask if any doubts comes up while you are at it
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 21:59   #17
BANNED

Thank you Laluks sir for this DIY.

I have decided to change the ORVM folding relay (Brand: KMH/CarPlus) that I had since I got the Creta to something in terms of better quality like RD relay.

The one I currently have, has a mind if it's own and has become unreliable so was on a lookout for a good quality one.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

The module needs a 12 volt connection all the time, and we connect the red wire of the module to a battery line using the third splice wire tap.
Hello laluks. Great DIY! Thank you for sharing. I always wanted to do this but was stuck at the idea of splicing the wires.

Where did you connect the constant 12v connection to?
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Hello laluks. Great DIY! Thank you for sharing. I always wanted to do this but was stuck at the idea of splicing the wires.

Where did you connect the constant 12v connection to?
Since this was an alpha model with keyless entry, there is a need for the BCM to power this key less entry switch. Which means on the Door Lock unlock switch panel has to have a battery voltage in its connector. I checked for that with a DMM and connected to that. It was a white wire in this case on the connector.

Better would be to route a wire all the way near fuse box and tap battery voltage line.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:06   #20
BHPian

Dear sir,

I got the ORVM Auto-close module from RD overseas three days before for use in my S-Cross.

It was purchased taking guidance from you and thanks for the same.

Now, I have one more doubt.. that you have mentioned that power to the module can be taken from a battery line.

Which is that battery line from which you have tapped the power?... kindly let me know that also to avoid confusion as I may take relatively more time in identifying one appropriately.

Thanks again.
Old 4th July 2020, 20:43   #21
BHPian

Dear sir,
Sorry for troubling you, that is, the the answer for my previous post was already posted by you, while answering to “Sudeepg”. He also had asked the same question in a different way.
Sorry for my ignorance!
However, the white wire in the “bigger” connector does not have power in my car. This may be due to some fuse blowing. I am just exploring.
Thanks again.
smuniswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:28   #22
BHPian

Dear Sir,
Today I have succeeded in installing the autofolding ORVM module in my car.

It works as expected and I would like to thank you for the guidance and without which, I would have been a failure.

Thanks!
smuniswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Dear Sir,
Today I have succeeded in installing the autofolding ORVM module in my car.

It works as expected and I would like to thank you for the guidance and without which, I would have been a failure.

Thanks!
Sorry was very busy and did not login for a while, nice to note that the DIY is successful .

Please stop the "Sir" part. Me just another fellow being on this place for a short visit, no more no less .
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 00:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Sandeep Reddy for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
If anyone buys RD ORVM relay, there won't be any markings on the wires making it difficult to do the wiring.

Connections would be as mentioned below:

Blue wire of the RD module should be tapped to the white wire on the door lock / unlock solenoid.

Green wire of the RD module should be tapped to the green wire on the door lock / unlock solenoid.

Red wire of the RD module can be connected to the white wire in the door lock / unlock switch panel connector (Black Connector Pin).
ChiragM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 15:57   #25
BHPian

Hello Laluks, BS6 Vitara Brezza comes with Autofolding ORVMs. Can we use the relay that comes with Brezza for Scross?
Reference video -
Old 30th March 2021, 16:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
Hello Laluks, BS6 Vitara Brezza comes with Autofolding ORVMs. Can we use the relay that comes with Brezza for Scross?
Reference video -https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=M45GGcb54Tw
In principle yes unless they do that else where, please check the harness part

Last edited by laluks : 30th March 2021 at 16:51.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 20:47   #27
BHPian

Sorry to wake up an old thread, couldn't resist reading this interesting DIY as an S-Cross owner myself.
Is there any change related to the auto door lock feature once the car starts gaining speed? Or is the auto folding active only when the engine is off?

Keep revving,
CountryDriver
Old 25th June 2021, 15:23   #28
BHPian

Saw this thread while looking for options to auto close the ORVM, found this to be a good mod by Laluks with all the explanation, one question on the battery usage, since continuous power is supplied is there any effect on the battery charge since the mod done?

Since these are lockdown days and not much driving wondering if the load on battery is higher.
Old 26th June 2021, 20:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDriver View Post
Sorry to wake up an old thread, couldn't resist reading this interesting DIY as an S-Cross owner myself.
Is there any change related to the auto door lock feature once the car starts gaining speed? Or is the auto folding active only when the engine is off?

Keep revving,
CountryDriver
I think I did not get your query right.
When auto lock happens on running, the mirrors don't fold, if that was the query

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Saw this thread while looking for options to auto close the ORVM, found this to be a good mod by Laluks with all the explanation, one question on the battery usage, since continuous power is supplied is there any effect on the battery charge since the mod done?

Since these are lockdown days and not much driving wondering if the load on battery is higher.
Seems okay so far, it's not drained the battery even after parked for many months, touch wood and let's hope it is like that only
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks