Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2020, 19:20   #31
BHPian

Re: My experience with Car Care products; How I Ceramic-Coated my Vento at home

Thank You all for your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNURAN View Post
It also leaves me sheepish, recollecting the sense of achievement I used to feel, every time I washed and polished my car in a 1.5 hour blitz.
Every minute we spend on making our car shine is worth it ! So, that sense of achievement is absolutely deserved for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
What am I going to do with my Formula 1 carnuba wax and the Meguiars Leather cleaner.
Please Sir, don't regret anything that you have done or not done. I'm sure that the work you did back in the day made you satisfied, and that is all that matters. Both of the products are good ones and you can use them till you decide to change them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Racer View Post
It would be helpful if you add the sources from where you procured all the stuff would help us detailing geeks more.
Wish you thousands of miles without water spots & Swirls.
Since you asked, I bought the pressure washer, air blower, vacuum, amazon microfibers, 3M shampoo, Meguairs products, ONR, Chemical Guys air freshener, and the tire brush from Amazon. I bought the Bosch polisher directly from an Authorized Bosch dealer. Most of the CarPro products, I ordered from UltimateDetailerz. The Gyeon products, I ordered from GreenzCarCare. Collinite products, I ordered to my uncles' friends home in the US, and they brought it here.

I do suggest you to consider alternatives before buying things such as the polisher, as it is an expensive purchase and we use it rarely.

Also, do a comparison of prices between various websites, you can save some bucks that way.

Happy Buying !
saisailendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 23:11   #32

Ohh man! What a great thread! You and I share 90% commonality in products we both use on cars. I coated my Subaru Outback with Optimum Gloss Coat and it still shines and beads water like crazy. One thing though, you can remove the high spot with 70% isopropyl alcohol. I firmly believe in using the least aggressive method first. So start with 15% and go all the way to 70% if you still see it. If that does not work, then polishing will be your only option I guess. There is a subreddit r/AutoDetailing that I read religiously. You can also read up there. It is a treasure trove for all things detailing. Happy detailing!
guywhoclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 01:19   #33

What a thread! what detailed efforts! Hats off man! This is amazing. I too have an issue with seeing the swirl marks/OCD so I do all the cleaning of the car myself instead of handing over these duties to the watchman.

Seeing your thread and the efforts you have gone to detail your car is inspiring.
I need to get off my behind and start collecting and start the next steps of this process.

Thank you again for this thread. I will keep referring to this for ages to come!
ndnesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 07:57   #34

Sheer Devotion! That's what it is. And what a benchmark that has been set!

Team-Bhp Mods must give a special badge to such worshipers and may be come up with a special sticker as a reward.

I have a Vento Tsi Carbon steel too and the benefit of this colour is that even with a little bit of care and polishing it can still stand-out. My Vento, shines a bit too and only I handle the cleaning part, but hey, I'm 58 and you are all very young.

Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
My experience with Car Care products; How I Ceramic-Coated my Vento at home-myvwtsif.jpg  

My experience with Car Care products; How I Ceramic-Coated my Vento at home-myvwtsib.jpg  

svsudhir is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 10:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywhoclicks View Post
Ohh man! What a great thread! One thing though, you can remove the high spot with 70% isopropyl alcohol. I firmly believe in using the least aggressive method first. So start with 15% and go all the way to 70% if you still see it. If that does not work, then polishing will be your only option I guess. There is a subreddit r/AutoDetailing that I read religiously. You can also read up there. It is a treasure trove for all things detailing. Happy detailing!
Thank you. I didn't try seriously to remove the hotspots. I'll keep this in mind and use this method to remove them . I think I've been to that place while I was searching for some info. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnesh View Post
I too have an issue with seeing the swirl marks/OCD so I do all the cleaning of the car myself instead of handing over these duties to the watchman.

I need to get off my behind and start collecting and start the next steps of this process.
Thank you very much. I'm happy that the post has been able to give you some information. Oh and having the car washed by the watchman will be the end of its swirl free period, hahaha. There might be exceptions, but they're very rare. Yeah, take things slow, collect stuff, try them out, experiment with them and formulate your own process which suits you best.
Happy detailing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post

I have a Vento Tsi Carbon steel too and the benefit of this colour is that even with a little bit of care and polishing it can still stand-out. My Vento, shines a bit too and only I handle the cleaning part, but hey, I'm 58 and you are all very young.

Thanks all.
Thank you Sir. Your Vento looks fabulous !
A lot of shine on my car was gone because of the accident and I feel very bad about it. It's a pleasure to see your car shining marvelously. Hope it lasts like that for decades to come.
saisailendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 12:57   #36
BHPian

Brother, Take a bow! I think this is the most expansive thread on maintaining and washing a car. Even the 3s and Ms of the detailing world would not do half the things you do! Really in awe for your dedication to detailing. Hats off to your effort and your patience. I would be lying if I said I am going to do everything that you did, but I did learn or unlearn a few things from your thread, thank you! 5 stars indeed!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 14:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Dude, hats off to the effort you have put in, in detailing your car as well as describing the whole experience here. You should probably open a professional setup and make this a business going by your level of knowledge and passion.

I follow the basic steps to keep my car clean and shining and have been super satisfied with a Meguires spray on wax that I use regularly. I can't even imagine the level of gloss you have achieved on your car.

Thank you for this thread once again and now enjoy the driving the car so that it gets dirty and you have the satisfaction of cleaning it all off again..

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 29th June 2020 at 14:44.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 23:47   #38
BHPian

As petrolheads, most of us love to maintain our cars and even the slightest of the scratches irritate us. But you sir, are on a different level. This is mind-blowing stuff and is going to help thousands of people. Thank you very much for taking time out for this.
Astitva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 22:56   #39

Quote:
And in India, these 2 products seemed to be available online from the two automotive detailing websites that I often order from
Hi brother,

Thanks for providing such a detailed thread on detailing your own vehicle. Can you please say the name of the detailing websites so that I can order some detailing products from there. Thanks in advance.
samay300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 01:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samay300 View Post
Hi brother,

Thanks for providing such a detailed thread on detailing your own vehicle. Can you please say the name of the detailing websites so that I can order some detailing products from there. Thanks in advance.
Greenz CarCare->Gyeon

CarpowerGrid->Sonax

AutoFresh->Turtle Wax

Ultimate Detailers-> Carpro

DetailedClean->Multiple Brands
Artyom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 10:29   #41
BHPian

My apologies for such a late reply. Thank You all for the appreciation. It surely means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
I would be lying if I said I am going to do everything that you did, but I did learn or unlearn a few things from your thread, thank you! 5 stars indeed!
Hahaha Thank You Doc ! Unlearning is a very important of our lives as doctors. It's better to do nothing than to do harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I follow the basic steps to keep my car clean and shining and have been super satisfied with a Meguires spray on wax that I use regularly. I can't even imagine the level of gloss you have achieved on your car.
now enjoy the driving the car so that it gets dirty and you have the satisfaction of cleaning it all off again.
I'm happy you found the post informative. That is the only motive of this post. I too follow very basic steps during the weekly washes and that suffices. lol, irony is that the car gets dirty even without driving around and just staying parked for a week. God knows where all that dust comes from. It reminds me of the scenes from the movie Interstellar. Well, happiness is the first drive after washing the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astitva View Post
As petrolheads, most of us love to maintain our cars and even the slightest of the scratches irritate us. But you sir, are on a different level. This is mind-blowing stuff and is going to help thousands of people.
You're welcome Sir. The more people this post helps, the happier I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samay300 View Post
Hi brother,

Hello Samay, I mainly sourced my products from GreenzCarCare and UltimateDetailers.

As Artyom mentioned, the other sites are good too. I must add that AutoFresh also deals with GTechniq ceramic products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
CarpowerGrid->Sonax

AutoFresh->Turtle Wax

DetailedClean->Multiple Brands
Woah Man, I got to check these out ! Thanks for the info.
saisailendra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 13:10   #42
BHPian

This is one of the craziest threads I have seen in recent times, I have gone through the thread thrice but the amount of information and details available in this thread is difficult to grasp for me at one go. Your Vento is really lucky to have you as an owner I feel. There’s so much to learn here, I’m bracing myself into treading the path of BHPian level car care after taking inspiration from you, even if I manage to do half of your artistry, will be an achievement for me . I never really felt the need of a pressure washer but after spending some time here, feels like I really need to get one, let’s see when that materialises.

Anyway I was thinking to myself, if this gentleman enters into car detailing business, it will be blessing for enthusiasts out there, just my wishful thinking.

Take care buddy.
Chao!
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 19:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
This is one of the craziest threads I have seen in recent times, I have gone through the thread thrice but the amount of information and details available in this thread is difficult to grasp for me at one go. Your Vento is really lucky to have you as an owner I feel. I never really felt the need of a pressure washer.

Anyway I was thinking to myself, if this gentleman enters into car detailing business, it will be blessing for enthusiasts out there, just my wishful thinking.

Take care buddy.
Chao!
Thank you so much for your kind words Sachin.
I'm happy if the post had been informative.
Pressure washer, once we get used to it, it makes cleaning much satisfactory and we can't imagine washing our cars without one.

The main thing is to modify our washing methods as per our convenience and satisfaction. There are no hard rules.

Regarding taking detailing up as a profession, I have already put my foot into Medicine and I've reached a point of no return. So detailing will have to be limited to a hobby, but will be ever growing.
saisailendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 20:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Any thoughts on using a jopasu duster to wipe off dry dust before doing a quick detailing?

I switched to proklear from ONR due to availability and pretty satisfied with the outcome for daily cleaning.

But as someone already said, this is God level of detailing! Take a bow!
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 21:10   #45
BHPian

Re: The Ceramic Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
I have not yet washed the vehicle after applying the coating, so I can’t really comment on the water behavior. But as far as I noticed, the water just slides off instantly if poured in a streamline flow and beads quite well, when sprayed on.

I went for a drive and there was one tiny dried bird bomb (poop) on the bonnet which I noticed when I parked at a supermarket. Well, it just didn’t stick to the bonnet and simply detached as soon as it was fiddled with, which is a good sign.
I am glad I spotted your thread because I have just finished a DIY ceramic coating on my 15 Yr old Swift and all I could do was nod and say 'yep' to every step and coment you posted.

Mine is nowhere close to the effort you put in, but the results are pretty remarkable for the time I spent on detailing the car.

I used a DIY kit from Avalon King.

My experience with Car Care products; How I Ceramic-Coated my Vento at home-img_20200917_190720.jpg
keroo1099 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks