Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 19:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu Shaji View Post
I did wonder what makes it so expensive. It's just a normal Halogen bulb right ? Didn't find anything special with the bulb. LED conversion is one of the very easy ways to get more illumination in comparison to HID's.
Unfortunately it is a HIR2 LL type bulb. Very expensive. Normal H4 halogens are much cheaper. I could see HIR2 in online stores but could never get the LL version. Hence had to get the replacement at Honda ASS.
Old 21st July 2020, 12:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Vishnu and I must say, your Amaze is the sportiest one that I have ever seen. Please do post pictures of the light output for low beam and high beam for the different light outputs.

Quote:
A huge thanks to Dilip, a close friend of mine for being the mastermind in this DIY, Fin
Mr Deville?
Old 21st July 2020, 12:42   #18
BHPian

Wow, your car looks great! Very tastefully done. Have you considered changing the tail lights to LED as well? They would match better with the rest of the car.
Old 21st July 2020, 13:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the forum, Vishnu. Great DIY - You car looks sweet with the dechromed look and the upgraded headlights.

It won't be an exaggeration if I say that this is one of the BEST photos of Amaze I have ever seen - almost makes me like the car

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 14:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Looks great Vishnu! Would love to see these in person in the night. Unfortunately, you live about 1000KMs from me. Someday!

Great DIY - Very detailed and has surely transformed the front end of the Amaze.
Thank you, Akash. Someday for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Unfortunately it is a HIR2 LL type bulb. Very expensive. Normal H4 halogens are much cheaper. I could see HIR2 in online stores but could never get the LL version. Hence had to get the replacement at Honda ASS.
Oh! Thanks for the information. I never really went behind the stock bulb specs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Welcome to the forum Vishnu and I must say, your Amaze is the sportiest one that I have ever seen. Please do post pictures of the light output for low beam and high beam for the different light outputs.

Mr Deville?
Thank you, Neil. Will do. Yes indeed it's him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Wow, your car looks great! Very tastefully done. Have you considered changing the tail lights to LED as well? They would match better with the rest of the car.
Thank you, Gearbox! Yes I have thought of it, but since it may have a chance of producing too much glare at the rear, the idea is on hold. Have seen many modern day cars with LEDs lights and it's really bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Welcome to the forum, Vishnu. Great DIY - You car looks sweet with the dechromed look and the upgraded headlights.

It won't be an exaggeration if I say that this is one of the BEST photos of Amaze I have ever seen - almost makes me like the car

--Anoop
Thank you, Anoop.
Vishnu Shaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 17:31   #21

Thank you for this extremely informative and detailed DIY! I have always liked the Amaze in this particular color and with the de-chromed bumper and the Mobilio RS lights, it looks even better.

We have a '12 Brio S MT which we bought pre-owned in 2018 and the only major gripe I have had with the car is the woeful OEM headlamp throw. Now, I have been toying with the idea of getting these exact headlamps and retrofitting them in my Brio but the cost was a major deterrent plus I would anyway have to shell out more for LEDs to fit in the new RS headlamp cluster. So the most cost-effective workaround was to get H4 LEDs for the stock cluster. Which is what I did-bought a set of Philips Ultinon Essentials (6000K) off of Amazon for 3.5k during the 2019 Diwali sale IIRC and I am more than satisfied with these especially for the price and the fact that it was a simple plug and play job-out with the old, in with new (as ChrisFix would say )

Not to steal your thunder away, just wanted to attach a couple of pictures of my Brio:

DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img20191001wa0004.jpg

DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img20191001wa0003.jpg

DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-brio2.jpg

DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-brio1.jpg

Ps I would be surely visiting this thread again when I do the RS headlight swap to my Brio. Thanks for sharing once again!
MoTo_meister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 03:09   #22

Hello sir
Very awesome mod
I am in the process of doing the same swap and while i got the wiring to all work properly what did you do for the headlight leveler? And feedback would be greatly appreciated.
P.S not to steal your thread i am attaching a few photos of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img_20200716_173946_bokeh.jpg  

DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img_20200716_173707.jpg  

0Frostbite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 04:56   #23

Quote:

God knows how many times we bought these clips. At least 30 of them bought. Indicator wire length was short and we made a custom plug&play extension for that also and one to tap park light connection. Not even a single stock wire touched. Only headlamp leveler left, for which we need some male clips and the pin-out.
Sir could you please help with how you got around the headlight leveler pins?
Any help would be appreciated thanks
0Frostbite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 08:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoTo_meister View Post
Thank you for this extremely informative and detailed DIY! I have always liked the Amaze in this particular color and with the de-chromed bumper and the Mobilio RS lights, it looks even better.
Awesome! Can you share some pics of the light spread/output ? How good are these in the rain ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Frostbite View Post
Hello sir
Very awesome mod
I am in the process of doing the same swap and while i got the wiring to all work properly what did you do for the headlight leveler? And feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Frostbite View Post
Sir could you please help with how you got around the headlight leveler pins?
Any help would be appreciated thanks
I'm still working on it. Unfortunately you just can't try out the connections, you will ruin the leveler motor. I'm trying to get a Mobilio RS, so that I can adapt the connections. Will keep you posted
Vishnu Shaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 09:14   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm still working on it. Unfortunately you just can't try out the connections, you will ruin the leveler motor. I'm trying to get a Mobilio RS, so that I can adapt the connections. Will keep you posted
If you have a good working relationship with the SA at the service center - please talk to him & request to have a 10 minute look at their service / electricals manual for the RS. They have the detailed ones for ready reference by their mechanics / electricians. This will solve your wiring problem instantly. Give them a little something as a token of your appreciation afterwards.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 16:30   #26

@ Vishnu Shaji - amazing job. I was looking to do the same on my Honda Brio for quite some time now. But, as you said it’s hard to get hold on a good pair of headlights. Which luckily I may be able to in a couple of days. Probably if I do, would like to get in touch with you for some guidance I hope you don’t mind.
Old 27th October 2020, 05:44   #27

[quote=Vishnu Shaji;4900677]Awesome! Can you share some pics of the light spread/output ? How good are these in the rain ?

Sure, I am attaching a few pictures of my car with low/high beams, you be the judge of the light output and the spread. I personally feel that there were two prominent bright spots with the OEM halogens which have been eradicated completely with the LEDs and their more uniform spread.

Low beam:
DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img_9007.jpg

Low beam from driver's POV:
DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img_9009.jpg

High beam:
DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img_9008.jpg

High beam from driver's POV:
DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img_9010.jpg

I can't really comment on their performance in the rains because I do not take this car out when it's raining, especially in the night since I am apprehensive of the fact that I might end up in a water logged patch on the road, owing to the brilliant road infrastructure we have here in the north, so the rainy day duties are handled by our Aria 4x4.

I must say that LEDs make a car look younger, especially pure white (6000K) ones, thoughts?

DIY: Mobilio RS Headlights installation on a Honda Amaze-img_9001.jpg
Old 29th November 2020, 08:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you have a good working relationship with the SA at the service center - please talk to him & request to have a 10 minute look at their service / electricals manual for the RS. They have the detailed ones for ready reference by their mechanics / electricians. This will solve your wiring problem instantly. Give them a little something as a token of your appreciation afterwards.
Unfortunately that didn't end up as expected. They are saying they only have digital modules and need a Mobilio RS connected to their system to access any of the service modules of the RS. What a lame excuse!:
In mean time do we have any Mobilio RS owners here ? If yes a pic of the headlight leveler connection would solve the puzzle !

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorneshshiva View Post
@ Vishnu Shaji - amazing job. I was looking to do the same on my Honda Brio for quite some time now. But, as you said it’s hard to get hold on a good pair of headlights. Which luckily I may be able to in a couple of days. Probably if I do, would like to get in touch with you for some guidance I hope you don’t mind.
How did it go ? Did you get your lights ?
Quote:
Awesome! Can you share some pics of the light spread/output ? How good are these in the rain ?

Sure, I am attaching a few pictures of my car with low/high beams, you be the judge of the light output and the spread. I personally feel that there were two prominent bright spots with the OEM halogens which have been eradicated completely with the LEDs and their more uniform spread.

I can't really comment on their performance in the rains because I do not take this car out when it's raining, especially in the night since I am apprehensive of the fact that I might end up in a water logged patch on the road, owing to the brilliant road infrastructure we have here in the north, so the rainy day duties are handled by our Aria 4x4.

I must say that LEDs make a car look younger, especially pure white (6000K) ones, thoughts?
I'll surely attach the pics of light output. Waiting to sort the healight leveler.
Vishnu Shaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 00:21   #29

Quote:

How did it go ? Did you get your lights ?

I have got hold of a pair and given it for some repair and polishing. Now have to figure out installing the lights. i so want to have a word with you
Old 28th January 2021, 20:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Previous owner even gave me a pair of stock halogen bulbs that came with the headlights, not using it anyway!

Attachment 2031848
Are you sure that this is the stock Honda Mobilio RS? I had to replace the one in my car once and it was branded Honda, not Phillips. Also the Manual says the bulb specs is HIR2 LL.
Reason I'm asking is because another bulb has conked and I need a replacement, However I'm not getting it locally. Don't want to buy the Phillips one from Amazon in case it doesn't fit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks