Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Anyone here into DIY - Redoing interior

Well here is what i have planned for this weekend ... friday is a holiday for me (noida elections) I have a 5 yr old lancer with 50k on the odometer it runs perfect the mileage is 15 kmpl in city without ac and 12-13 with ac 100% of the time i plan to redo the interior, start with the headliner and the A/B & C pillars and wrap them in black suede ... anyone done this ?
Old 12th April 2007, 17:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

great choice, i have no experience but wishing you the very best for this job.
Old 12th April 2007, 17:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
A/B & C pillars and wrap them in black suede ... anyone done this ?
I had done in my old honda city, just get Black Vinyl and fix it.
Old 12th April 2007, 17:59   #4
BHPian

vinyl may look "el cheapo" if i wanna go for the leather look maybe black with 2 grey stripes in the middle doing a oem bmw stich i think it's callled a french stich

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 12th April 2007 at 18:04.
Old 12th April 2007, 19:01   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
vinyl may look "el cheapo"
i doubt, most manafacturers also apply vinyl. keep us posted on how it goes though.

manson.
Old 12th April 2007, 19:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
i doubt, most manafacturers also apply vinyl. keep us posted on how it goes though.

manson.
just pasting vinyl may look el cheap but doing it the stitch way will look good and i dont stich so ... wouldnt be a diy
lets see tmr if i can find what i am looking for

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 12th April 2007 at 19:16.
Old 12th April 2007, 19:20   #7
BHPian

Best of luck, Mr. DIY Your Lancer rocks anyway!
Old 12th April 2007, 19:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Best of luck, Mr. DIY Your Lancer rocks anyway!
it doesnt but thanks any ways if i had the funds to do what i wanna do with all the ideas in my head it would ... lol you know where i work .. i dont make that money but the car i drove this weekend does rock ... next up maybe an engine start stop button like the one on the new e90
Old 12th April 2007, 22:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

ya mostly the car manufacture uses the vinyl.....you can select the shade of the colour and use the dull one as it looks more nice......will be avalible at any car accessory shop...but you will be needing a hot air gun for that......
Old 12th April 2007, 22:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

People, we do not know the taste of this man. He says Grey & vinyl (what most people can afford), is el cheapo, probably gold is 'el Not so cheapo' but expenso for him, let us get 'those' kind of guys into this discussion, ok ??? he is in a totally different class, let us accept that.

P.S. But he still does not have the funds....i do noy understand...could you please clarify ?
Old 13th April 2007, 02:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Well here is what i have planned for this weekend ... friday is a holiday for me (noida elections) I have a 5 yr old lancer with 50k on the odometer it runs perfect the mileage is 15 kmpl in city without ac and 12-13 with ac 100% of the time i plan to redo the interior, start with the headliner and the A/B & C pillars and wrap them in black suede ... anyone done this ?

If i understand correctly, YOur going to put the suede on the interior of the pillars right?

I think what everyone here is talking about the vinyl on the outside, as seen on the swift.

If i'm assuming wrong please ignore this.

Suhail
Old 16th April 2007, 14:04   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
People, we do not know the taste of this man. He says Grey & vinyl (what most people can afford), is el cheapo, probably gold is 'el Not so cheapo' but expenso for him, let us get 'those' kind of guys into this discussion, ok ??? he is in a totally different class, let us accept that.

P.S. But he still does not have the funds....i do noy understand...could you please clarify ?
You need to relax dude!! and i said vynil looks el cheapo..... who says i dont have the funds i do have the funds fro what i wanna do but i spend wisely and vinyl in my opinios does look el cheap so if you have a problem with ity deal with it ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
If i understand correctly, YOur going to put the suede on the interior of the pillars right?

I think what everyone here is talking about the vinyl on the outside, as seen on the swift.

If i'm assuming wrong please ignore this.

Suhail
yup inside of the pillers will be black suede and the roof will be black and grey just like the seats and carpet need to finalize the material have some samples need to get my hands on some spray on glue and do a couple of tests i will not be changing the exterior of the car habe some other plas for that

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks