Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2021, 22:35   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY: FE Retrofit projector foglamps on my Mahindra Thar (2nd-gen)

Can I get some pictures of the location of screws and bolts I need to remove to get access to the fog lamps on the Thar?
Will be of great help
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Can I get some pictures of the location of screws and bolts I need to remove to get access to the fog lamps on the Thar?
Will be of great help
First, you will have to take out the plastic fender behind the bumper by pulling out the scrivet's. Then you will have the access to Foglamps. The design of stock bracket is peculiar. If you refer above, you can see it.

You don't need a separate fog lamp switch if installing relay. Only the signal wire of relay needs to be tapped to stock wiring. This can be done without slicing or cutting the stock wire.
Old 20th December 2021, 22:26   #33

Was it a coupler to coupler installation or did it involve wire splicing ? Pls clarify. I’m a bit skeptical of doing any electrical modification as the local dealership told me that any wire cutting will void the warranty.
Old 4th January 2022, 16:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhubaneswar01 View Post
Was it a coupler to coupler installation or did it involve wire splicing ? Pls clarify. I’m a bit skeptical of doing any electrical modification as the local dealership told me that any wire cutting will void the warranty.
There was no wire splicing done.
Old 1st March 2023, 14:29   #35
BHPian

Hi Mithun, I read your post, and it gave me the confidence to do this DIY myself! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
As this is a bi-xenon projector, solenoid wires were available to activate high beam. This needs to be connected to high beam of headlights so that fog lamp high works in sync with headlight high.
There is already a relay for headlights with ceramic holders. As it may cause excessive heat, I have connected it to high beam of spare stock H4 holder which is unused after installing
I’m doing a similar DIY on my Thar (although with iPH LED Projectors). Wanted to understand how do I tap the high beam for the projector solonoid. I know I can use scotch locks to tap the headlamp wiring, but you’ve written direct relay use here for this. Could you explain this a little more? Help would be really appreciated!
SA-G13B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-G13B View Post
I’m doing a similar DIY on my Thar (although with iPH LED Projectors). Wanted to understand how do I tap the high beam for the projector solonoid. I know I can use scotch locks to tap the headlamp wiring, but you’ve written direct relay use here for this. Could you explain this a little more? Help would be really appreciated!
For the relay to be connected, we would need only one H4 socket. The other one is un-used. So, you can merge the two high beam solenoid wires together and connect to the high beam of stock H4 socket which is un-used. Hope this clarifies.
MithunSathianat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 13:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
For the relay to be connected, we would need only one H4 socket. The other one is un-used. So, you can merge the two high beam solenoid wires together and connect to the high beam of stock H4 socket which is un-used. Hope this clarifies.
Almost a year gone by, but I finally got the time to get this installed. Got iPHcar Tri-LED projector fog lamps on my Thar now.

However, the alignment is way off! And the iPHcar projectors dont have a levelling screw either. Any suggestions as to how can I level them perfectly?
Old 16th January 2024, 10:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-G13B View Post
Almost a year gone by, but I finally got the time to get this installed. Got iPHcar Tri-LED projector fog lamps on my Thar now.

However, the alignment is way off! And the iPHcar projectors dont have a levelling screw either. Any suggestions as to how can I level them perfectly?
You can buy a universal mount which will have levelling screws. Its available with most of the sellers who sell projector fogs of different types.

If the mis-alignment is minor, you may try adding washers between the mount and screws.
MithunSathianat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks