Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2022, 19:24   #61
BHPian

Re: DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM and Digital Clock & Temperature Display in my Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
Did you manage to get the JDM Clock with the Fuel consumption? Do let me know. I have swapped my VXi BCM with another ZXi BCM and have completed the mod.
Yes. I did get it working.
Old 29th June 2022, 21:15   #62
BHPian

Re: DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM and Digital Clock & Temperature Display in my Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zombie~ View Post
Yes. I did get it working.
Please do share photos and let us know about the procedure
Old 19th July 2022, 21:04   #63
BHPian

I had to swap the BCM, bought one from Japan along with the clock. VDI wiring required modification as well.
Your's if ZXI/VXI, the clock will be plug and play, provided wire harness is modified, which is an hour job.
~Zombie~ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febyphilabr View Post
Did anyone with a Ford manage to get this auto dimming IRVM installed on theirs? I own a 2020 Ford Freestyle in the Titanium trim, sadly without an auto dimming IRVM. Planning on getting this from boodmo and installed on my FS. Any Ford-ians got this installed? A pictorial guide/experience for a Ford install would be highly appreciated.
I thought the Freestyle and facelift Figo and Aspire had auto dimming IRVMs, or 'electrochromic mirrors' as i remember seeing in the Ford features page of the vehicle.

If they have it from factory, surely it'll be available as an accessory? I have an aspire and I'm also searching for a good auto dimming setup. Now that Honda has realised the demand for the product and gotten greedy, I'm sorta stuck.
Old 25th October 2022, 12:41   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I thought the Freestyle and facelift Figo and Aspire had auto dimming IRVMs, or 'electrochromic mirrors' as i remember seeing in the Ford features page of the vehicle.

If they have it from factory, surely it'll be available as an accessory? I have an aspire and I'm also searching for a good auto dimming setup. Now that Honda has realised the demand for the product and gotten greedy, I'm sorta stuck.
Yes. They had it in their top variant (T+). I however own the T spec. At the time of purchase I asked the service advisor, if it is possible to install the electrochromic IRVM from T+ onto this. Unfortunately they declined to do citing wiring harness mismatch. Really doubt that. Maybe they could do some aftermarket fuse tap and get it working?!
Old 11th January 2024, 18:00   #66
BHPian

Is there a 5 volt auto dimming IRVM in the aftermarket (hopefully with a usb passthrough so it would be possible to power Dashcam and IRVM from one wire)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks