Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2021, 07:53   #31
BHPian

re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A couple of friends got it for their Amaze and Jazz. On the Amaze, there’s no mount on the windshield so we’ll have to source one from Windshield Experts. Could not find a separate mount on Boodmo.
How did they route the wire to fuse box, Jazz has the fuse box under the bonnet and i dont see any free slots , could you please let us know ?
I always keep the mirror in night mode even during day time and till now did not feel the need of upgrading to auto dimming mirrors, but yeah itching for an upgrade

Thanks

Last edited by rahulskumar : 21st October 2021 at 07:55.
Old 21st October 2021, 07:53   #32
BHPian

re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

My Ford Freestyle came with manual IRVM.While I have taken the plunge and ordered the Honda IRVM in boodmo , in the meanwhile, can anyone confirm whether this would be a direct fit ?

I found an old thread, but there were no response to the OP's query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Hi guys!

We have a 2016 Ford Figo Titanium automatic. I am posting the photographs of the IRVM mount which is fixed on the windshield.

Can someone please help with following:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...s-img_5892.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...s-img_5889.jpg
Old 21st October 2021, 08:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I hope you come up with some workaround for Tiago so that I can fit it on mine.
You can do it the way me and Chiranjit did it on our Swift's. Procure the IRVM windshield mount from any MASS or HASS, and paste it on your windshield using araldite standard epoxy next to your existing TATA IRVM mount. Let it cure for a day and you should be good to go.

Feel free to ping me if you need any help
Old 21st October 2021, 10:07   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
You can do it the way me and Chiranjit did it on our Swift's. Procure the IRVM windshield mount from any MASS or HASS, and paste it on your windshield using araldite standard epoxy next to your existing TATA IRVM mount. Let it cure for a day and you should be good to go.

Feel free to ping me if you need any help
Yes, That is the last option. Will have to paste the Honda/Maruti mount next to the Tata mount.So the Maruti and Honda mirror mounts are exact same is it?

Have also placed an order for the mirror on Boodmo. Lets see how it goes.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 10:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
How did they route the wire to fuse box, Jazz has the fuse box under the bonnet and i dont see any free slots , could you please let us know ?
I always keep the mirror in night mode even during day time and till now did not feel the need of upgrading to auto dimming mirrors, but yeah itching for an upgrade

Thanks
Most cars have two fuse boxes. One in the engine bay, another under the dashboard. Tapping the dashboard fuse box, either piggyback on a not very crucial component's fuse or into a blank is the way to go.
lemedico is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 10:15   #36
BHPian

5th update from Boodmo. As expected, the part is now out of stock. I just hope they don't cancel it from their end and then jack up the price.

Original ETA was 3rd October.

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-png_20211021_101310_0000.png

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 21st October 2021 at 10:19.
Old 21st October 2021, 10:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes, That is the last option. Will have to paste the Honda/Maruti mount next to the Tata mount.So the Maruti and Honda mirror mounts are exact same is it.
Yes AFAIK , maruti , Honda and hyundai mounts are the same so it will be a direct fit. Though they looks visually different , the dimensions and the fitment is same
Old 21st October 2021, 11:27   #38
BHPian

I ordered one for Dzire ZXI+, current delivery date is Nov-9-2021... I am not sure whether the fuse TAP adapter is needed for Dzire. Can someone help here?
funda2max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 12:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Thanks
The cabin fuse box for Jazz is located in the rightmost bottom corner of the dashboard just above the gas pedal. It looks somewhat like this Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-20211021_114406.jpg

You need to route wires through headliner > A Pillar > dashboard. Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-20211021_114043.jpg

Take off the rubber beading from the door frame in order route wires through the A pillar. Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-20211021_114139.jpg
dpat17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 13:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
I ordered one for Dzire ZXI+, current delivery date is Nov-9-2021... I am not sure whether the fuse TAP adapter is needed for Dzire. Can someone help here?
A fuse tap is certainly needed, in all cars if you're taking power from the fuse box. One method without the fuse tap is when you splice the live wire with the dome light. But a fuse tap is the simplest method.
lemedico is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 14:30   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
You can do it without a fuse tap. You can simply twist the wire around one of the existing blade fuse's legs (pins) and push the fuse back in. Your job is done and the accessory will work.

However - this is the worst way to really do it. Nothing is saved by doing this, risk of a short circuit is induced in an otherwise safe circuit & it is very messy + prone to loose contacts as well.

In summary - fuse tap it is .
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 17:07   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post

and chiranjitp: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...uti-swift.html (DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM and Digital Clock & Temperature Display in my Maruti Swift)

Chiranjitp’s thread was an eye-opener with his discovery of a Rs. 422 part on Boodmo.com for a Honda City ZX 4th generation. It fitted perfectly in his decade-old Swift. No kidding, it is actually that price!!
Amazing thread!

Great mod.

I have a city 4th gen and have a manual Day/Night IRVM

Do you know if anyone has done this retrofit in their Honda City?

I'm assuming the mount is same since both are honda. If yes, my thread is next
viXit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 17:38   #43
BHPian

Tried to get the original Maruti Auto IRVM installed for my Brezza ZDI+, but the service Center refused, saying the wiring harness was not available.

Anyone can help me with the DIY in Pune!!

Last edited by smileline : 21st October 2021 at 17:45.
Old 21st October 2021, 19:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Tried to get the original Maruti Auto IRVM installed for my Brezza ZDI+, but the service Center refused, saying the wiring harness was not available.

Anyone can help me with the DIY in Pune!!
Believe me it's really simple. I would be happy to help you through wiring and installation part.
dpat17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 22:25   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post

It is a straight fit on the existing mount. The position of the mirror changed and moved slightly ahead. Immediate advantages noticed:
Was it direct fit on the Rapid windshield? I'll be trying to do this on my vento for sure then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Will confirm for Tiago shortly. Give me some time. A couple of friends have Tiagos.
Hi Gannu, also asking you since you have seen the mounts and done the work around. I have a 2013 vento Highline. Will this unit be a direct fit in the 2013 variants of Polo and Vento?

Most Viewed