Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2023, 10:42   #136
BHPian

Re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Even without the wedge converter button, there is an alternative. The mount button from a salvaged windscreen can be pasted to the windshield by Araldite epoxy. It is a solid fix and holds the weight of the new IRVM. I've just done the same on my Tiago.
Yes, true we can opt for this alternative. But many people are not able to get this mount button (Base Mount) as well.

So here I'm sharing the OEM part No. of this mount button (Base Mount) available at Hyundai Mobis and boodmo. But you have to pay exorbitant amount for this. Therefore you must first try to arrange it from windshield replacement shop, there you can easily get it for 100-150 INR.

Description: BASE-IINSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR
Part No. 85103-2H000
MRP ₹421

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-screenshot-20230215-10.37.09-am.png
KarDIY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:31   #137
BHPian

Re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarDIY View Post
Yes, true we can opt for this alternative. But many people are not able to get this mount button (Base Mount) as well.

So here I'm sharing the OEM part No. of this mount button (Base Mount) available at Hyundai Mobis and boodmo. But you have to pay exorbitant amount for this. Therefore you must first try to arrange it from windshield replacement shop, there you can easily get it for 100-150 INR.

Description: BASE-IINSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR
Part No. 85103-2H000
MRP ₹421

Attachment 2419029
to think, this costs more than what the whole IRVM used to a few months ago
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 19:22   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
It can indeed. Show me the mount. And if you're a bit clever with DIY then I'll help you out personally.

Have you got the mirror though? If not, there is someone who's got a spare for ₹2300-2500.
I would love to get one. Can you share the details as I am unable to PM you.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st February 2023 at 19:34.
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:02   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo_life View Post
I would love to get one. Can you share the details as I am unable to PM you.
Hi, your profile has some settings prohibiting dm or emails. Send me one on Drankuragarwal.99@gmail.com
Old 1st March 2023, 15:49   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarDIY View Post
Mahindra use the same manual IRVM in their Thar, Scorpio and XUV700 which comes in Tata cars. So best option is to go for auto dimming IRVM kit that is offered at Tata showroom. Because in this kit you will get the wedge button (Mounting adaptor) which is very hard to find otherwise and is must to install Auto IRVM on existing Mahindra/Tata mounting. Only down side of this kit is it's cost.

Although if some how you get this wedge button (Mounting adaptor) then you can install any IRVM like the Honda one or the baleno one.
XUV7OO has a twist type manual IRVM(you have to turn irvm 90 degrees and it comes off), i dont think TATA cars have twist type.
I have attached pics of my XUV7OO's mirror bracket and mount. If you know how to proceed with TATA auto dimming mirror, please let me know. TATA accessories person says harrier/Safari auto dimming mirror can not be fitted as mount is different.
Attached Thumbnails
Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-20230227_154218.jpg  

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-20230227_154233.jpg  

Old 6th March 2023, 12:03   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
XUV7OO has a twist type manual IRVM(you have to turn irvm 90 degrees and it comes off), i dont think TATA cars have twist type.I have attached pics of my XUV7OO's mirror bracket and mount. If you know how to proceed with TATA auto dimming mirror, please let me know. TATA accessories person says harrier/Safari auto dimming mirror can not be fitted as mount is different.
My bad Tata's auto dimming IRVM kit would not help here. Although IRVM is very similar to Tata's IRVM but mounting bracket is completely different.
Old 8th January 2024, 18:51   #142
BHPian

Quote:
XUV7OO has a twist type manual IRVM(you have to turn irvm 90 degrees and it comes off), i dont think TATA cars have twist type.
I have attached pics of my XUV7OO's mirror bracket and mount. If you know how to proceed with TATA auto dimming mirror, please let me know. TATA accessories person says harrier/Safari auto dimming mirror can not be fitted as mount is different.
Mahindra uses a completely different mount. I have found one and am importing it to test on a friend's XUV700. Will share an update if this succeeds.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2024 at 20:04. Reason: Grammar
durvient is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 12:56   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by durvient View Post
Mahindra uses a completely different mount. I have found one and am importing it to test on a friend's XUV700. Will share an update if this succeeds.
can you share a photo of the mount, is it round in shape, on Aliexpress round one is available which will fit ours cars.
Old 10th January 2024, 12:59   #144
BHPian

Quote:
can you share a photo of the mount, is it round in shape, on Aliexpress round one is available which will fit ours cars.
We brought this for our customers as well and its listed on our website, can't share the link here, not sure if that would be considered conflict of interest.
Old 13th February 2024, 18:41   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by durvient View Post
Any update on this experiment?
Old 13th February 2024, 18:42   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Any update on this experiment?
Experiment still on, the 2 brackets I ordered turned out incompatible. Have found another bracket and placed order. Waiting for delivery (hopefully by the end of the Feb).
durvient is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 10:46   #147
BHPian

I am looking to install an auto dimming IVRM for my 2nd gen Scorpio. Has anyone performed a DIY or an after market install?

If yes, can you please share the details
Old 24th March 2024, 07:20   #148
BHPian

After quite a bit of trial and error, and importing 5-6 mounts that just didn’t fit, we were at a bit of a standstill. That’s when one of our resourceful customers stepped up with a pretty inventive solution. He decided to work with what he had, using the existing mount in his car to fit our IRVM with its detachable arm.

By cleverly combining our IRVM bracket with the arm and mount from a Mahindra IRVM, he managed to get it all installed. It might not look as polished as some professional jobs, but given the tools and knowledge he had at hand, I’d say he did an impressive job.

He even went the extra mile and painted the arm from beige to black to better match his car’s interior, which shows the level of dedication he had to making it work.

Here’s the final result in a picture.

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-irvm-installation.jpeg
durvient is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks