Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 14:55   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Juicing up the Ford EcoSport S with ICE, Front Park, ST-line cluster, steering wheel and AD

A thoroughly useful retrofit thread for proud Ford EcoSport owners who love their cars. This thread is one of the rare high impact Ford Retrofit threads on TeamBHP, since typically only VAG cars have enjoyed the tag of being super mod friendly cars with plenty of features which have been added by enthusiasts over the years.

Would love to see all of your ADAS features installed and working as you expect soon, but it would be wise to find ways to make sure they're fully calibrated and thoroughly tested since they're meant to improve your safety and driving experience.

If would be fantastic if we can even get a few high-level Toyota and Honda retrofits with respect to ADAS, which is available in other markets like the US.

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 1st March 2022 at 15:03.
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:01   #17
BHPian

Re: DIY: Juicing up the Ford EcoSport S with ICE, Front Park, ST-line cluster, steering wheel and AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Is installing seat covers going to make problems for the airbags in the seat?
Thank you. Yes installing seat covers creates problems for seat airbags. However these are not like the aftermarket seat covers which completely enclose the seat. They are seated only on the front face of the seat. Seat airbags can still open safely from the side seams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
...Those neon lights reminded me of cars from NFSMW. Also, TS15, I think we stay in the same locality. Would love to catch up if possible. After VAG cars, Ford cars come next in terms of aftermarket customisation. I feel sad for Ford stopping production of such beautiful cars in India. I guess India deserves cars like underpowered Baleno 1.2( remember export variants get the more powerful 1.5) and 3 cylinder NA Altroz. People will buy these happily instead of cars like Figo, Venti etc.
Thank you. Indeed NFSMW and OG F&F films were a big influence when I was a kid. We moved out of Hyderabad but I do visit often to catch up with friends and family whenever I am back in the country. Yes indeed its sad to see Ford leave the mass-market segments. I was hoping to upgrade to a Kuga (if launched) or an Endeavour 2-3 years down the line which will never happen now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Wow fantastic upgrades on the Ecosport. Here I am contemplating to change my cars headlights to LED or not, and I see people installing adaptive cruise control. Off topic - Do you know any installers in Hyderabad who can install auto dimming IRVM in Compass? It would be a life saver addition to my car.
I have been where you were. After your first step forward you will never look back. This is a kind of madness and to paraphrase Joker from TDK, Madness is like gravity and all it takes is a little push. Thank you, that pic looks mean. I don't have much experience with installers except Fast track Jubilee Hills who seemed professional during the front grill install. You can check out with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkdev89 View Post
...And of course, I really miss driving in autobahn. I drove Ford Galaxy and pushed it beyond 200kmph that was the amazing experience I ever had and got a ticket too ....
Thank you for your kind words Naveen. Your DIY has been really helpful in my journey. I had a 350 euro speed-ticket and 3 month driving ban once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.thm View Post
Ford left India because of this guy. Someone stop him before he buys a VW/SKODA.
Not happening unless they bring the VW Arteon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Insane Updates Satya!....Thanks for showing this up too. Can OBDLinkEX be used for FDRS as well?...
Thanks Jithin. I do not have OBD Link EX and hence could not try FDRS. From what I know it may not work as it does not not support all J2534 protocols. You can install FDRS and see if its detecting the OBD EX as a compatible adapter in the adapter selection menu.
nightraven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadav View Post
Amazing work. Thanks a lot for sharing your research and knowledge.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
A thoroughly useful retrofit thread for proud Ford EcoSport owners who love their cars. This thread is one of the rare high impact Ford Retrofit threads on TeamBHP, since typically only VAG cars have enjoyed the tag of being super mod friendly cars with plenty of features which have been added by enthusiasts over the years.
Thank you. Indeed Ford cars are very mod friendly globally with the Focus and Fiesta hatches standing out among the enthusiast and WRC communities. However, in India enthusiasts were mostly inclined towards VAG due to absence of popular Ford cars.

Quote:
Would love to see all of your ADAS features installed and working as you expect soon, but it would be wise to find ways to make sure they're fully calibrated and thoroughly tested since they're meant to improve your safety and driving experience.
Yes indeed. Calibration is a mandatory & standard procedure after installing the modules. I to enable autonomous assistance only after sufficient testing and confidence. Until then, I will keep use them only as passive alerts.

Quote:
If would be fantastic if we can even get a few high-level Toyota and Honda retrofits with respect to ADAS, which is available in other markets like the US.
Yes Toyota makes excellent ADAS features. I had a very close call in a Corolla station wagon while cruising on the A1 highway with the ACC in UK. Autonomous emergency braking and evasive steering assist helped me avoid rear ending a Golf in front of me which had to panic brake to avoid another car that stopped in front. Hope someone can fit something similar in the Fortuner or the Innova. Its a shame they do not offer any ADAS as standard or optional on even the Legender models

Last edited by nightraven : 1st March 2022 at 16:19.
nightraven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Always thought Ford India cars are not mod friendly, guess I was completely wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightraven View Post
It was offered with a performance pack that has launch control and powered by a 1.5 Ecoboost pushing 200 bhp. On a side note, going through the engine technical specifications superficially indicates that the Naturally Aspirated 1.5L Dragon 3-pot petrol engine we got in India is same as the 1.5 Ecoboost minus the turbocharger. This makes the EcoSport an interesting project car then, ey?
I can only imagine my 1.5 Figo with 200bhp maybe 250 with even more mods? Guess I'll never know!
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:28   #20
BHPian

Ford would want to relaunch in India reading your DIY on the Ecosport

One hell of a job, executed perfectly.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:48   #21
BHPian

Woah! This is a crazy amount of mods on a car. I don't think I've come across any other EcoSport like this. I just kept reading and scrolling, and it was never-ending.

Kudos to your dedication and willingness to work on your car and do all these mods.
BikerSuz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:57   #22
BHPian

Man, the sheer dedication you had for all these upgrades is commendable. This is the most feature loaded EcoSport I've ever seen. Too bad Aliexpress is gone for diy aficionados. Thanks for documenting these mods and sharing it with us.
jothishX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 19:43   #23

What an amazing thread man!, I'm seriously considering implementing many of your mods to my Ecosport now. Never thought such mods even exist. Kudos to you once again!.
Soorya Ramesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:49   #24
BHPian

Take a bow! Wonderful modifications. The effort you have put here on research and implementation is commendable. The car really looks one of its kind. Thanks for sharing all these details with us.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 21:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Purely from an auto-geek perspective, its fantastic. But some questions came to my mind. How do you plan to certify the active mode ADAS systems for On-road use ? Would it get approved through some ARAI+RTO route ? Would the manufacturers warranty and liability stand?
What about insurance ? They may not accept this because this is about safety devices which can impact the occupant and others. I am sure that even certified ADAS systems from OEMs come with a lot of fine-print in terms of disclaimers and liabilities.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 21:54   #26
BHPian

Great thread!

I own a 2019 White Ecosport S but with the Ecoboost engine!
After seeing your thread, I'm quite inspired by all the upgrades you did. That too very systematically.

My car has only got a re-map since purchase and now that the car is turning three, your thread has come at the right time for me to start my mods! Superb work.

I've already upgraded my Sync3 to latest version from the Cyan website today. Next is the ICE!

Here's hoping you find time to keep the mods going on and inspire us even more.
laxmanrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 22:56   #27
BHPian

I read ADAS in the title and thought that this guy must have installed a dashcam with ADAS ��

Thankfully I was soo wrong and have spent the last hour reading every thing wrote the interchangeable nature is sadly only true for truly global models I doubt that a car made for India like the Seltos can have any of such deep retrofits done. On the other hand VAG is still a viable candidate but Kushaq, etc MFI products might be questionable.
Brishti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:07   #28
BHPian

Raven,

How do you prevent hyper flashing when moving to Led Bulbs instead of halogens?

Do you have link for a Led hyper flashing module?
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:37   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing thread after quite a long time !! Thank you for helping to retain the t-bhp charm ! That's insane effort & R&D that you put on your machine.

I was getting bored with all the "Why the bonnet is always in the front of the car" sorta super value add threads off-late !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd March 2022 at 00:39.
swiftnfurious is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 05:10   #30
BHPian

Holy crap. This is next level tinkering.

An absolutely amazing thread to read. Keep going you brave man! Incredible!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks