Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2007, 13:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Car looks amazing,where did you get them?in pune?how much did it cost you?are there variety in their color ?
where did i get them? huh???? D.I.Y. - Do it yourself....

Cost me all of 300 bucks!! (painting was colour matched by hyundai workshop & was free!!)
Old 14th October 2007, 13:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Hey guys!

Used the headlights today for a GOOD two hours...no probs...& the cleaning guy cleaned with water in the morning...(mind you i use dual HID's so there is a LOT more heat)...still no probs.
Tu to Superstar hai re. Pehele aankhen band kar ge gaadi kharid leta hai, phir gaadi ki aankhen band kar deta hai . Andhere mar sab kuch accha diktha hai is limited to the bedroom buddy

Tere paas bahut zyaada time hai. Aankhen khol, mera number ghuma, daaru shaaru pitey hain, tera school waala arts and crafts period apun recess ke baad karenge .

This is what happens when you don't show up for Pune meets. Saara frust idhar nikalta hai.
Old 14th October 2007, 13:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Car looks amazing,where did you get them?in pune?how much did it cost you?are there variety in their color ?
Seriously dude, do you EVER read the posts in the thread? Your questions are SO hilarious it's not funny. 1Self has even put up pics, for crying out loud!
Old 14th October 2007, 13:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice work there mate !! Eyelids does make it look better . Cheers !!
Old 14th October 2007, 13:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Tu to Superstar hai re. Pehele aankhen band kar ge gaadi kharid leta hai, phir gaadi ki aankhen band kar deta hai . Andhere mar sab kuch accha diktha hai is limited to the bedroom buddy

Tere paas bahut zyaada time hai. Aankhen khol, mera number ghuma, daaru shaaru pitey hain, tera school waala arts and crafts period apun recess ke baad karenge .

This is what happens when you don't show up for Pune meets. Saara frust idhar nikalta hai.
Hilarious, Vikram!

1self, great DIY job! Two thumbs up!

It may be just me, but I think the car looks a little drowsy with the eyelids
Old 14th October 2007, 13:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:

kuch jalne ki boo aa rahee hai!
Old 14th October 2007, 14:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Vikram, i't would be nice if u refrain from posting in hindi as this there are people from different places viewing this threadwho dont necessarily understand hindi!
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2007, 02:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Vikram, i't would be nice if u refrain from posting in hindi as this there are people from different places viewing this threadwho dont necessarily understand hindi!
Aiyyo saaree appa, paapam spareum this won time wonly . As a rule I do try and restrain my nationalistic tendencies (basically coz my Hindi isn't great at all), but at times certain flavors and sentiments are totally lost in translation, hence the exception.
Old 15th October 2007, 02:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aiyyo saaree appa, paapam spareum this won time wonly .
Hahahahahahah ROFL! Good ones Vikram, keep them coming!
Old 15th October 2007, 09:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wow! This looks really good! Really neat DIY job
Old 15th October 2007, 09:57   #26
BHPian

Its a really clean job Bro. And to accomplish such a nice finish with such basic materials is even well thought of.

My only concern is that when I park my car outside, some pest always tends to rest his back or fiddle with the outside of my car. Any loose thing gets plucked or pulled or fiddled with. There will be many other members who'll vouch for that. No wonder from no-where scratches appear on the body that have been deliberately made by some "punk" for reasons unknown . I wonder how long the eyelids would last before they are "fiddled" with.
Old 15th October 2007, 10:04   #27
BHPian

Thanks guys! i initially used two A4 sheets glued together to trace out an acceptable shape! lots of trial & error!!

Last edited by 1self : 15th October 2007 at 10:19.
Old 15th October 2007, 10:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
where did i get them? huh???? D.I.Y. - Do it yourself....

Cost me all of 300 bucks!! (painting was colour matched by hyundai workshop & was free!!)

ooops,sorry man i thought you've used some special sheet,didnt see you post at that time,thats what i asked about price and location otherwise i got the rest that it is DIY.
Quote:
Seriously dude, do you EVER read the posts in the thread? Your questions are SO hilarious it's not funny. 1Self has even put up pics, for crying out loud!
Hehehe,dont you tired of following my post and reply some nonsense to them???keep it up buddy i am having fun
Old 15th October 2007, 10:47   #29
BHPian

Hey 1self! Great DIY job! The Elantra looks meaner with the eyelids, makes it resemble the BMW which got a similar layout. If the Elantra had angel lights, it would be looking wonderful!!

cya
A
Old 15th October 2007, 10:52   #30
BHPian

hey vivek!!!

that is a neat DIY job.

am almost sure it wont melt as a HID does not give off too much more heat than the halogens (i think u have HIDs on both hi and lo beams? yeah)

one thing that can happen to the double sided tape is that they may get weathered easily, with such varying climes as in pune.

whatever,... your car looks very evil. compliment it with a DIY demon eyes if possible.

there are umpteen DIY ideas for that on the net using strands of optic fibre from a shelf piece at a novelty store.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks