Team-BHP - Projector setup on Swift & Some DIY also....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   Projector setup on Swift & Some DIY also.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/31927-projector-setup-swift-some-diy-also-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1608422)
Dug up an old thread from the grave eh? :D

All you need is a heat gun to heat and slowly and carefully pry open the cover. And once you are done, you can seal it back using the epoxy resin sealant.

My love for my car and for DIYs made me do it, :D Can't help it.
Anyways thanks for the quick reply, If I'm not wrong, while opening the clear lense shell, You need to heat the edges evenly i guess right?and when you use a heatgun that is not possibile i believe, I remember watching a video on youtube which explains how to make projector head lamps and in that video a microwave oven was used to heatup the headlamp evenly. It sounds funny but its true.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofmyworld (Post 1608701)
My love for my car and for DIYs made me do it, :D Can't help it.
Anyways thanks for the quick reply, If I'm not wrong, while opening the clear lense shell, You need to heat the edges evenly i guess right?and when you use a heatgun that is not possibile i believe, I remember watching a video on youtube which explains how to make projector head lamps and in that video a microwave oven was used to heatup the headlamp evenly. It sounds funny but its true.lol:

Well you have your facts right mate :) Assuming you are interested for your M800, I would say you could take the chance in a microwave oven. My friend and I attempted to open up his R15 headlights to retrofit projectors inside and it was a success. We opened it in an oven itself. But if you dont get the temperatures right, you could end up with melted reflectors. Its easier with a heatgun as you can work at your own pace. I wanted to open up my HL and smoke them but later just dropped off all the cosmetic pimping plans. Since the 800 HLs hardly cost anything, am sure you can take the risk and try the oven trick. If you spoil one in the attempt (very unlikely), big deal, a new one aint too expensive.

exactly, That is why I'm gathering informationg regarding how to retrofit a projector. BTW where will i find projectors? I'm sure spares guys wont stock them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofmyworld (Post 1608885)
exactly, That is why I'm gathering informationg regarding how to retrofit a projector. BTW where will i find projectors? I'm sure spares guys wont stock them.

Now this is the tough thing in hyd. My friend has a source who can help get you skoda projectors but the ones in the fog lamps or the single projector used in the Laura/Octavia. The best combo I would suggest is to get a bixenon projector and couple it with a 4300K HID kit. Now you have to try for Fabia/Merc/Audi/BMW projectors and I tried everywhere in hyd and couldnt find any.You should try asking your friends in mumbai/blore etc as you can get them there for a steal! (around 2k)

Another option what you have is to buy projectors online, get them shipped and get working. You can get bixenon kits for around 5-8k online.

Heat gun works good as well,

The problem with 800's light will be the DEPTH of the light. Projectors like FABIA and INFINITY FX-R's are big. So you need to work out the space before jumping in a retro fit, And projectors like Laura come in single beam.

You can use one of the Chinese bi-xenon kits bolt on for H4 they fit it exactly right as seen in a picture. (worst case)