Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2008, 19:12   #31
BHPian

Just curious... Is there any way I can reverse this de-badging process on my car (i.e can i stick the badges back)?.
Old 30th November 2008, 19:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
We don't trust you.

Show us the pics
It's true there are no Hero Honda stickers or Karizma stickers on my bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Just curious... Is there any way I can reverse this de-badging process on my car (i.e can i stick the badges back)?.
Yep good question! What kind of glue do you use if we ever want to put those badges (not stickers) back on the car?
Old 30th November 2008, 19:54   #33
BHPian

@ k a s h and shankar : you can buy new badges from any local market or A.S.S.
Old 30th November 2008, 23:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

you can also use the double sticking tape available in the car accessory shop. the green colour with black tape in it. use 3m double sticking tape if you need quality stuff.
i have removed them because salt deposits due to environment was damaging the paint

Last edited by gigy : 30th November 2008 at 23:28.
Old 12th March 2009, 01:28   #35
BHPian

Debadging SX4 - Help

Can you pls advice how the debadging looks? I have done some copy paste on foto to simulate how it will eventually look and trying to figure out which one is best?

Will removing all badges look good?

Your opinion / comments pls.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY : Debadging your ride-nomarutir.jpg  

DIY : Debadging your ride-nomarutisuzukir.jpg  

DIY : Debadging your ride-nomarutisuzukizxir.jpg  

DIY : Debadging your ride-nomarutisuzukizxisx4r.jpg  

Old 12th March 2009, 01:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Can you pls advice how the debadging looks? I have done some copy paste on foto to simulate how it will eventually look and trying to figure out which one is best?

Nice! Go for it! Been thinking of doing the same, but just didnt know it would look. Dont know why I didnt do it on the comp before! But looks real cool. Now (somehow) get the 'S' logo painted/covered in matt black, same for the front.
Old 12th March 2009, 01:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:

looks nice. go ahead if you like it man. listen to your heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Nice! Go for it! Been thinking of doing the same, but just didnt know it would look. Dont know why I didnt do it on the comp before! But looks real cool. Now (somehow) get the 'S' logo painted/covered in matt black, same for the front.
anant remove the current "S" on the car and get a new one painted black from some paint shop. not necessarily a MASS for the obvious painting charges. trying to paint the one presently on the car perfectly might be a difficult job esp masking the body.

Last edited by white_vdi : 12th March 2009 at 01:58.
Old 12th March 2009, 02:57   #38
BHPian

I'm actually planning on getting rid of them all together. Have partially smoked my headlights, trying to figure out a pattern for the tail lights. Since my car is black, it kinda all just merges in. Also, planning on removing the 'S' grill in the front and replacing it with a black mesh grill.
Matt black would look good on a silver though.
Old 12th March 2009, 03:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I'm actually planning on getting rid of them all together. Have partially smoked my headlights, trying to figure out a pattern for the tail lights. Since my car is black, it kinda all just merges in. Also, planning on removing the 'S' grill in the front and replacing it with a black mesh grill.
Matt black would look good on a silver though.
anant completely debadging might look a little empty in the rear.
i know its a weird suggestion but how about painting the "S" and the silver garnish on the boot pearl white?
Old 12th March 2009, 06:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey i may have an answer to your question. when i was in the UK i was told that with Dbadging no one know what you driving. if you are driving a small and a shitty engine you can pose as you have some thing big. and if you want it to be a sleeper even that is helped by the debadge as no one would know what you driving and you can smoke people while they are trying to figure out what engine it was.

i dont this that this would be any good in india. cause generally we dont get any engine options in india..

and then this is a boy racers thing.

in UK there used to be a option by the OEM it self that if you would like to get a Debadges car
Old 12th March 2009, 11:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
anant completely debadging might look a little empty in the rear.
i know its a weird suggestion but how about painting the "S" and the silver garnish on the boot pearl white?
I had actually thought of that, but then thought of something which may make your pearl white idea sound sane! I was thinking AutoBot (from the Transformers?) emblems on the front and back.
Old 12th March 2009, 20:28   #42
BHPian

Thanks anantnehru -> If you do it then post the photos immediately and I will also do likewise :-) My car is silver, so not sure how black will look

white_vdi -> Yes, my heart says complete debadge except the Suzi S

desideep -> yes, even I had seen the mods folks do in UK, the exhaust and body work they do is beyond comparison. There was a parking lot 3-4 miles off the place where I stayed and I had a view of the same from my flat. Every evening there were scores of cars doing drag.. the sound was awesome
Old 12th March 2009, 22:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks anantnehru -> If you do it then post the photos immediately and I will also do likewise :-) My car is silver, so not sure how black will look
Lol. Brought it upwith the hope that you would do it, so I could see how it looks! Matt black and silver should look good, personal opinion though.
Just a general query, one of my friends brought it up - dont know if its true or not - said that debadging would lower resale value??? Sounded a bit odd, but then thought about it again; could be true. What do you guys think?
Old 12th March 2009, 23:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Just a general query, one of my friends brought it up - dont know if its true or not - said that debadging would lower resale value??? Sounded a bit odd, but then thought about it again; could be true. What do you guys think?
Really? But then even if its true.......there is a great solution at hand while trying to sell your debadged car................RE-BADGE it all over again. Wouldn't cost you more than 300 bucks to get the SX4, Maruti/Suzuki and the ZXI emblems.

Cheers
Old 12th March 2009, 23:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

DIY : Debadging your ride-nomarutir.jpg

My suggestion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks