Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Can anyone explain how the same is done for the Swift with power windows?

TIA
its the same bro you just have to disconnect the power window plug after you open the door pad
rest all is the same
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly i can see too many DIYs on tbhp.. kudos for such people !! For their time and effort. !!

Excellent DIY my friend.. !!
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:28   #18
TOR
BHPian

Thanks guys-my doubt is how to remove the clips in the swift without damaging them -concerned because i dont want to start new rattles!

I only saw a single screw on the door pad(inside the door open handle)-the rest were clips-by the way mine is a dzire-is it any different from the swift?

Sorry guys found this thread-guess i should have searched better-sorry for the trouble

Last edited by TOR : 3rd October 2008 at 13:35.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:32   #19
BANNED

My santro now 1 yr old and reflecting with front dash & doors jarring with noticing higher road noise from floor. Want to DIY damping on floor, front dash as well for all four doors.

Anybody here, would be helpful if share their experience, pics, details. Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:32   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
My santro now 1 yr old and reflecting with front dash & doors jarring with noticing higher road noise from floor. Want to DIY damping on floor, front dash as well for all four doors.

Anybody here, would be helpful if share their experience, pics, details. Thanks.
No takers yet

+^Not sure on how to open doors, dash board & hatch door. wish to damp floor, door and dash with yoga mate & cotton.

I can also source (industrial) rubber sheet from close friend. He's manufacturing butane, natural, nitrile, silicon & epdm rubber sheet. which one should be best fit? sheet thickness?
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No takers yet

+^Not sure on how to open doors, dash board & hatch door. wish to damp floor, door and dash with yoga mate & cotton.

I can also source (industrial) rubber sheet from close friend. He's manufacturing butane, natural, nitrile, silicon & epdm rubber sheet. which one should be best fit? sheet thickness?
Find answers here.

Santro DIY damping: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-yoga-mat.html

Alternative damping material: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...l-damping.html

Use search to its best abilities.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... (industrial) rubber sheet from close friend. He's manufacturing butane, natural, nitrile, silicon & epdm rubber sheet. ...
None of these will give decent damping. A damping sheet is based on synthetic rubber, but has a lot of solid additives to increase the density. Unlike the sheet types you have mentioned, the damping sheet is much stiffer and does not spring back easily when bent. Ask your friend - perhaps he will be able to tell you where you can get such material. 2-3mm thickness will be good. Anything thicker will be difficult to work with, anything thinner will be ineffective.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:25   #23
BHPian

1.5mm would be the best, 2mm is difficult to handle. However be prepared for a lot of work if those sheets are not self-adhesive. I suggest you compare kg/sq ft before buying, you dont want very light weight rubber. I had that info in one of my threads, try to search for it.

Quote:
No takers yet

Old 27th April 2010, 17:08   #24
BHPian

That was very informative . I was able to take the door panels of my Indica V2 for a sound damping purpose. But due to some miss calculations that did not worked out … Will be posting the details of the same soon.

QQ: What is the thickness of the spacer you are using for the front door speaker and what is the size of the speakers?
Old 28th April 2010, 07:51   #25
BHPian

The spacer is made from 2 x 18mm mdf rings and the speakers are 6.5 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R.Boruwa View Post
That was very informative . I was able to take the door panels of my Indica V2 for a sound damping purpose. But due to some miss calculations that did not worked out … Will be posting the details of the same soon.

QQ: What is the thickness of the spacer you are using for the front door speaker and what is the size of the speakers?
Old 30th December 2010, 15:13   #26
BHPian

Re: DIY Guide : How to remove door panels - Tata Indica

thanks a lot for the info, can anyone tell me how to remove doors of esteem vxi 2007 model?
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:19   #27

Excellent guide. Thanks for the info.
Old 16th July 2013, 15:55   #28
BANNED

Hi...
I have Indigo GLX 2003 Model (Power windows).
My Front Left side PAX door is stuck. Unable to open the door lock with Key also. It all happended when my son pulled the lever while I was unlocking the doors using Driver side central lock (Orig fitting). I took it to my garage but he has a flood of cars & can't prioritise the rectfication.
ANy solution you have ? If I can just remove the door latch panel, will it help in fiddling with the levers to unlock/lock teh door.
Pl advise
Thanks

ANother Query on Indigo Door....
My Rear Left side PAX door has rain water seepage issue. All the linings at top are intact but when it pours, the water gets accumulated inside door & then drains slowly. It is not so in other 3 doors. So is there some plug at bottom or something is blocking the exit?
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:39   #29
BHPian

Hello,

Can you please explain how the speaker grill is exactly removed?

Also, in case of power windows, what are the steps involved?

I am planning to put 5.25 inch components in the door(i don't want to do any modifications) and i want mostly mid range and highs from this speaker setup. I am not expecting any significant bass from these, since I already have 6x9 in the rear tray and a sub woofer at the back. So my question is, will damping be still required (for these 5.25 inch components) in the front door panels?

Also, I liked the idea of yoga mat but will there be sufficient damping or reduction of panel rattle (if any) achieved by it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakyaBHP View Post
... Can you please explain how the speaker grill is exactly removed? ...
The grill is mounted with clips that slot into slots in the doorpad. But, to replace the speaker you have to open the doorpad anyhow, to be able to easily route the tweeter wire. Make sure you mount the XO with a tie strap on the middle metal layer, after connecting all wires, covering the terminals with vaseline, and putting the XO in a plastic zip bag (make sure the opening is facing down).

Quote:
... in case of power windows, what are the steps involved? ...
Difficult to DIY - better handled by a pro.

Quote:
... my question is, will damping be still required (for these 5.25 inch components) in the front door panels? ...
The bass from the speakers will only affect the door pad. Stick some damping material (yogamat is not good enough) on large sections the inside surface of the doorpad to damp it.

Major damping is actually of the out metal layer of the door. That is where the major noise comes from. That noise is incidentally in the same frequency range as the lower end of the midbass. If you don't damp it, this noise drowns out the music in that range. Better spend some money and damp the outer layer of the door, at least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks