Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 12:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifewater View Post

Special credit goes to akshay who kept egging me with a lot of PMs. Here you go. If you would like to thank me do so by changing your console's colour and post the pics

cheers
Lifewater
Yay! The pics are here,
Thanks a lot pranjal, Its just great, The pics and the explanation looks like DIY guide provided by hyundai itself. Awesome guide i must say.

I'll remove my console in a day or two and do a little coloring.

Thanks again buddy
Old 18th January 2009, 13:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjz View Post
just wanna know , does the older model of Getz have bulbs or LEDs on the instrument cluster as i wish to change the colour in my car as well.
Most of the cars have normal bulbs like the one in santros, Give it a shot.
Old 18th January 2009, 18:32   #33
BHPian

Wow Lifewater amazing dude. This just rocks. Thanks a ton. Will try this out when I'm free sometime.
Old 18th January 2009, 19:52   #34
BHPian

@ Lifewater.

Dude, I did the exact same procedure, which you had mentioned in your pictorial. Only thing is i didn't take out the cluster completely. However, I was able to take out both the bulbs from the cluster. Then I painted bulbs red, which glass colors(same company as you pics). However when i fixed it, I still see green light(stock company, which was originally from company) being emitted.
Is there any green color (kind of gelatine paper) before the bulbs. I'm surprised why the color is not visible.

Also is your Santro the older version or XING.? Does that make any difference in the dashboard. Please advice needed.
Old 19th January 2009, 07:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
@ Lifewater.

Dude, I did the exact same procedure, which you had mentioned in your pictorial. Only thing is i didn't take out the cluster completely. However, I was able to take out both the bulbs from the cluster. Then I painted bulbs red, which glass colors(same company as you pics). However when i fixed it, I still see green light(stock company, which was originally from company) being emitted.
Is there any green color (kind of gelatine paper) before the bulbs. I'm surprised why the color is not visible.

Also is your Santro the older version or XING.? Does that make any difference in the dashboard. Please advice needed.
yatin, there is a piece of blue / green rubber cap on the bulb that you will have to remove. My santro is XING - XE model 2004 March just before the ERLX version came out. Could you please post some pics ? would be of great help.

Ciao

Lifewater
Old 19th January 2009, 09:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifewater View Post
yatin, there is a piece of blue / green rubber cap on the bulb that you will have to remove. My santro is XING - XE model 2004 March just before the ERLX version came out. Could you please post some pics ? would be of great help.

Ciao

Lifewater
Yes Sir, I had taken that blue rubber cap, off. Still its showing me the normal green glowed speedo.
I will post the snaps with my process.
Old 19th January 2009, 10:16   #37
BHPian

thanks akshay b will check it out one of these days
Old 19th January 2009, 11:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
@ Lifewater.

Yes, the older version of xing has a different glow, Its just the illumination from the bulb while the newer one has a green display, I guess it has a green tint.
Old 19th January 2009, 11:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey Lifewater,

Excellent job with the pics.

I just checked this today...will try it out DEFINITELY over the weekend...

was trying removing it myself yesterday, but wasnt sure if it will break...now am sure, it wont..

Thanks again for the pics..wonderful job.
Old 19th January 2009, 11:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Yes, the older version of xing has a different glow, Its just the illumination from the bulb while the newer one has a green display, I guess it has a green tint.
Yes, even in think so. So I think no matter, if you change the color, the Speedo color will not change, unless there is any way to take off the green tint.
Old 19th January 2009, 20:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hey Lifewater,

Excellent job with the pics.

I just checked this today...will try it out DEFINITELY over the weekend...

was trying removing it myself yesterday, but wasnt sure if it will break...now am sure, it wont..

Thanks again for the pics..wonderful job.
It is a pleasure pal. please post pics after you are done

Quote:
Yes, even in think so. So I think no matter, if you change the color, the Speedo color will not change, unless there is any way to take off the green tint.
I am afraid yatin, you are right, it has a green coating like the ambys and fiats of yore

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Right akashay.
Old 20th January 2009, 11:19   #42
BHPian

How about changing the color of the bulbs just above the rear number plate. Has anybody changed the color to some diff color bulbs or colored them.
Any idea, how to take off the black strip, just above the rear number plate?
Old 20th January 2009, 15:24   #43
BHPian

Here's mine,

i used red colored sticky tape to cover the bulbs instead. Sorry for the quality of the pics, my digi cam is dying :(
Will take more pics in the night.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY Santro Instrument Light Colour Change (New Process)-picture-001.jpg  

DIY Santro Instrument Light Colour Change (New Process)-picture-004.jpg  

Old 20th January 2009, 16:43   #44
BHPian

hey akshay_b

Did you take off the green gelatine like paper.? Or u just colored your bulbs red ?
Is ur Santro New (XING)
Old 20th January 2009, 17:47   #45
BHPian

i believe akshay has a new xing, as his odometer is only showing 2328km.

if there is green gelatin like paper, i will let u know this weekend, when open mine.

UM

Most Viewed