Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 16:09   #46
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I had this in my mind from many months,to steel all the features from Vxi to my Lxi.

1.Rpm meter:(New Alto never gets as part of speedo meter.Not sure its possible or not:Gurus shed some light on this.)
2.Pwr windows.(Autocop 4 door-step ahead of Vxi)
3.Tail gate opener.(Inprogress)
4.Rear wiper.(could be expensive)
5.Internal adjustable OVRM's.(Done)
6.??? finally guess what?? teaser.
Well, not the engine I suppose. Probably the 'Zxi' badge

BTW, I asked MASS for putting a RPM meter from the Vxi into my Lxi [talking WagonR here], they said it has different sockets and won't wired straight away.

I don't really believe anything MASS says except for washing the dirt off the car, so let me know too if you are able to transplant that part.

Last edited by SLK : 25th May 2009 at 16:10.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
I had this in my mind from many months,to steel all the features from Vxi to my Lxi.

1.Rpm meter:(New Alto never gets as part of speedo meter.
Well, me thinks since VX/VXI's came with 1.1L engine, the tacho will not mate with .8 engine with the Alto we use.
Old 25th May 2009, 22:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Oh fantastic to see Shyamal featured on team-bhp.
Oh yes thanks to him I can now open the boot from the comfort of my seat with just a flick of a lever. I think he deserved that.

Quote:

1.Rpm meter:(New Alto never gets as part of speedo meter.Not sure its possible or not:Gurus shed some light on this.)
2.Pwr windows.(Autocop 4 door-step ahead of Vxi)
3.Tail gate opener.(Inprogress)
4.Rear wiper.(could be expensive)
5.Internal adjustable OVRM's.(Done)
6.??? finally guess what?? teaser.
1. Get an aftermarket Tacho installed on the dash. Exactly like the ones that come on the A-Star & Ritz.
2. Dont lose your sleep over pwr windows. Just be ready to spend 5.5K for front pwr windows and about 9K for all 4 windows. Rush to your nearest Car Accessories dealer. It takes about 3 hours to get your car roll up it's windows at the flick of a button.
3. If you read a few posts above you would have found out the answer to this point by now. Give me like a few days and I'll post more detailed pics , part numbers and cost.
4. Bad Idea - I say scrap it. But you're adamant then be ready to replace the rear door. Not worth the money and pain.
5. Yes they're direct fit from the ALTO VX. I think a set costs around 2.5K
6. What teaser? I'm bad at guessing game. BTW I think you should be better of going for Fog Lamps. They cost around 800-1200 bucks but worth it.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

you guessed right SLK but landed on wrong..its 1.1 ltr eng.

I found a doctors 1.1ltr Alto-Vxi eng,which met with an accident by this 16y old kid and had no insurance to claim as the complete body damge repair cost him around 80K.
I was not there right on the spot & car was scrapped to someone.Missed!!!

Last edited by Ramsagar : 26th May 2009 at 10:27.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:53   #50
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you guessed right SLK but landed on wrong..its 1.1 ltr eng.

I found a doctors 1.1ltr Alto-Vxi eng,which met with an accident by this 16y old kid and had no insurance to claim as the complete body damge repair cost him around 80K.
I was not there right on the spot & car was scrapped to someone.Missed!!!
Maybe you can look for such a WagonR then, would be easier to find.

Though I think its not worth the effort. You can instead get yourself a second hand Vxi. The interesting part is, if you normally drive alone the 800cc engine is more fun to drive. We have a 800Dx [same engine as your alto] and an Alto Vxi. Alto is definitely faster [touches 160 ], but only if pushed hard, otherwise its a very sober/smooth engine.
Old 26th May 2009, 11:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

SLK you have taken words from my mind. I really love to push when alone & it certainly responds well, at times I feel there is 3-pot daemons sleeping, which wakeup when alone.
Pushed Alto to 140(completely stock eng.).I personally feel it’s more stable than i10 & Xing, where I’ve extensively driven both the vehicles.

No offense meant (guess there are know Hyundai fans watching this thread.)
Old 26th May 2009, 12:21   #52
BHPian

boot release lever

friends can anyone help me with a contact here in mumbai ?? I enquired here at vitesse and the service advisor said they dont do it.
Old 26th May 2009, 18:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SLK you have taken words from my mind. I really love to push when alone & it certainly responds well, at times I feel there is 3-pot daemons sleeping, which wakeup when alone.
Pushed Alto to 140(completely stock eng.).I personally feel it’s more stable than i10 & Xing, where I’ve extensively driven both the vehicles.

No offense meant (guess there are know Hyundai fans watching this thread.)

3 pot daemons i like those words. yes but on highway when you are on a fast move the alto engine revvs very smoothly between 80-110 mark. 150 comes rarely if you get a long stretch and a smooth road.
yes you dare those speeds on alto just because it is damn stable, no cross winds affecting it and the stability with no vehicle roll unlike wagon R, santro and I10. after 45k on the odo of the alto when i suddenly started using santro since last month i have lost confidence in driving hard. i was just shocked the way santro got out of control while negotiating the daily turn i take while going to the office.

but guys this is going a lot OT. so can we come back to the main topic. the tacho 1.1 litre etc are largely spoken in other threads
Old 26th May 2009, 18:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Enough of OT guys, lets just stick to the topic.

Amit could you try your contacts with MASS to get this boot opener in our cars
Old 26th May 2009, 23:24   #55
BHPian

remote boot opener for alto lxi

Dear Members,
After seeing the post of our fellow bhpian,i was tempted to do the same for my car,so i start going to all autorised service stations in south bangalore for the parts but everywhere the same reply no stock or we wont do modifications,then i thought of buying from kuttukaran ,even they said no stock ,i searched all of jc road spare shops they dont have it,finally somebody told go to authorised spare shop essar automobiles,opposite to urvashi theatre ,i go there even they have no stock ,but he said he will get me if i orderered ,finnaly placed the order expected in 2 days it costed 200 rs for 3 parts ,just waiting for the call ,later may be i will contact lokesh of suraksha for help to fit them thanks
Old 27th May 2009, 11:00   #56
BHPian

tacho etc

I have the service manual of alto and I know that the speedo gets the rpm signal from the ecu which gets it in turn from the ESS ie Engine speed sensor so scince the ess is present in both lxi and vxi the rmp speedo of the vxi can be fitted which costs 3000 Rs. Even the line from the ecu to speedo for the rmp status exists on the lxi (I have checked it).But the main drawback here is that the new speedo odo will be reset to 0000 because in alto like in swift the speedo stores the kms reading.Also note I am talking of bsII alto and not BS3.Also rear wash wipe can be added but u will have to buy a new motor for the wiper (5000 Rs) switch for the dash and buy a dual chamber wiper washer tank and replace it with the one in lxi which is for front only .That too will have 2 small motors one to throw water in front wipers and one for back and the roof lining will have to be removed and the water pipe fitted to take water from engine bay to tailgate.Also hole drilled in tailgate for wiper to actually fit.
Old 27th May 2009, 11:20   #57
BHPian

hey chetan,

If I could understand how it can be done(DIY) maybe if you could send across the parts it would be great.
Old 27th May 2009, 11:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Enough of OT guys, lets just stick to the topic.

Amit could you try your contacts with MASS to get this boot opener in our cars
yes sir, already put the men in black to work. they are searching the store for the parts. when i asked them why arent the MASS denying to do this. he said they had got notice from MUL that no modifications deviating from standard equipments should be done at MASS. he also said work order for the same " Remote BOOT Opener" cannot be made, LOL
he said he will fit it on some other work order. so i told him that do the same within the brake caliper greasing work order.

but i think directly getting the parts and doing it DIY will be fun. what say?
Old 27th May 2009, 11:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good, do you have any idea on cost involved as Sabretooth hasn't posted the costs involved
Old 27th May 2009, 11:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I have the service manual of alto and I know that the speedo gets the rpm signal from the ecu which gets it in turn from the ESS ie Engine speed sensor so scince the ess is present in both lxi and vxi the rmp speedo of the vxi can be fitted which costs 3000 Rs. Even the line from the ecu to speedo for the rmp status exists on the lxi (I have checked it).But the main drawback here is that the new speedo odo will be reset to 0000 because in alto like in swift the speedo stores the kms reading.Also note I am talking of bsII alto and not BS3.
dont take so much headache. no need to get signal from ECU. you get the signal directly from the negative of the ignition coil. and instead of going OT here. please search for the thread Tachometer. i have fitted a tacho on my alto which costed just 2300 rs without headache. also it looks sporty than the 3000 wala tacho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Sounds good, do you have any idea on cost involved as Sabretooth hasn't posted the costs involved
well i too dont have costing details but i will try to find it by today evening. i guess should it be around 500-700 bucks max.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks