Team-BHP - DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/57933-diy-santro-dome-light-bright-white-l-e-d.html)

Hi,
yesterday installed 2 small PCB based L.E.D. Lights into my Santro Dome Light. clap:

There are total 18 L.E.D.'s and the Light is not only more soothing than the normal OEM bulb but looks cool and emits no HEAT. will be fixing 12 more as there's more room in it for them.

Attached Few screenshots
Will post the Circuit Pics soon.

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-img02000.jpg

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-img02001.jpg

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-img02004.jpg

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-img02005.jpg

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-img02006.jpg

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-img02010.jpg

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-img02011.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghpk (Post 1287574)
Hi,
yesterday installed 2 small PCB based L.E.D. Lights into my Santro Dome Light. clap:

There are total 18 L.E.D.'s and the Light is not only more soothing than the normal OEM bulb but looks cool and emits no HEAT. will be fixing 12 more as there's more room in it for them.

Attached Few screenshots
Will post the Circuit Pics soon.

nice install.

18 led, but how many resistor of which capacity?

please post led and resistors diagram / picture if possible.

thanks
UM

seems like he's running 3 LED's + 100Ohms in series, just like I have. I can see the first two bands are brown and black. the third, not so sure

Yes Greenhorn has real nice eye-sight, the color bands are brown, black,brown,golden.
they are 3 L.E.D.'s in series with one 100 Ohm resistor. arranged on tiny cut piece of all purpose PCB.

so in total I've 6 Resistors for the 18 L.E.D.'s

Wonderful! Enjoy the mini floodlight experience.

Currently the light seems clustered around one portion of the dome alone, having more will certainly get rid of that.

Have anybody tried white led in speedometer for santro ?

Any idea how to go about it . All opinions and suggestions are well come as am planning to change the lights in speedometer to white ones

Quote:

Originally Posted by driving_smartly (Post 1291051)
Have anybody tried white led in speedometer for santro ?

Any idea how to go about it . All opinions and suggestions are well come as am planning to change the lights in speedometer to white ones

I hated the Pale color speedo meter lights in my Santro, the console was not at all Lively.
I've Blue Color Light in the Meter Console, Only 2 Bulbs were replaced with 10mm Blue L.E.D.
I think I've a pic of it, will search my photo folder else will click a new Pic tonight.

ghpk

Am eargerly waiting for the pics. whats the cost of led bulbs are they available in White colour ?

i think normal led cost 1rs for one led and is available in white,blue,red,green color

Driving_smartly, Yes normally L.E.D.'s are Rs.1 Each, but some better looking ones might be Rs.120/ per 100 pcs.
Iam using 3 L.E.D. in series and then one 100ohm resistors to protect L.E.D.'s from burning out and resistors are just 30 paisa each.

The one Iam using are not actually normal bullet shaped ones, pics shortly.
Iam sorry been busy with some work so didn't took the pics.
Will post them Later today .

Also re-fitted the Meter Console Lights, Removed one 10MM LED, and replaced it with 3 Bright Blue LED's driven by same one Resistor of 100Ohm.

Removed all LED's and Re-arranged them, as I broke one Resistor with cover and Blew One L.E.D. as it touched the Bulb Holder directly.
Now Back Side is Insulated with TAPE. and new one is having plastic Sleeves to protect shorts.

Added 6 More White L.E.D. made 2 new series of 3 L.E.D.'s
DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-newled.jpg

Soldered the Wires to the BULB Holder to avoid short-circuit.

DIY:Santro Dome Light with Bright White L.E.D.-dome.jpg

Now Brighter Dome in my Car

looks nice. I have been thinking and planning to do it, not able to get hold of the LEDs though (or may be I am lazy)

Dude - this looks nice - but pay some attention to your steering cover - it's in a real bad shappppe:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonirohit (Post 1331517)
Dude - this looks nice - but pay some attention to your steering cover - it's in a real bad shappppe:Shockked:

its 4-5 months old only, but seems got loose, will get it re-wrapped someday.