Team-BHP - DIY : Bi-Xenon Projector for Hyundai i20
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   DIY : Bi-Xenon Projector for Hyundai i20 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/66599-diy-bi-xenon-projector-hyundai-i20.html)

Hi Guys,
I am making a Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight for my Hyundai i20, I have just started working on it. I had also retrofitted infinity FX 35 Bi-Xenon in my Hyundai Getz and I very satisfied with the output but it does not look as good as OEM Projector Headlights
This is my first project and I am using Hyundai Nuvis Concept’s Headlight as my reference design. This Project is going to cost me Rs. 55000 approx which does not include CAD designing charges since I am doing it myself.
I planning to order few items like bi-xenon projectors,D2S HID Kit, CCFL Angel eye etc. form USA since they are not available in Mumbai and are virtually impossible to replicate.
This project is in very early stage since I have just started it and I am little confused on whether to choose 1 bi-xenon or 2 single Beam Projectors because they both have their own pros and cons. 1 Bi-xenon is more expensive than 2 single beam projectors but bi-xenon will require only one HID kit and single beam projector will require 2 HID kit as they are two separate Hi and Low beam Projectors

You currently have projector's fitted onto your headlight?

Interesting project. A few depictions of how you conceive two single beam projectors for comparing with the bi-xenons will help. Also how about LED eye-lashes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 1511077)
You currently have projector's fitted onto your headlight?

Yes I do.
I have Infinity FX 35 Bi-xenon Projector, Philips 85122+ D2S Matsushita (Mitshubishi) Gen 3 OEM Ballasts on my Hyundai Getz
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1511080)
Interesting project. A few depictions of how you conceive two single beam projectors for comparing with the bi-xenons will help. Also how about LED eye-lashes?

LEDs are expensive but I am considering CCFL Light for Signal
I’ll post new design which will incorporate CCFL lights for both Signal and angel eye once they are redy

Great. All the best for your exciting project.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/HID-Xenon-Convers...0722142001r222

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3danikesh (Post 1511095)
Yes I do.
I have Infinity FX 35 Bi-xenon Projector, Philips 85122+ D2S Matsushita (Mitshubishi) Gen 3 OEM Ballasts on my Hyundai Getz

Sorry for the OT, but pics of this please?!! I have a Getz, and exploring my options...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3danikesh (Post 1511095)
LEDs are expensive but I am considering CCFL Light for Signal
I’ll post new design which will incorporate CCFL lights for both Signal and angel eye once they are redy

CCFLs need ballasts. You don't want to use them as indicator lights unless you want them to last for only weeks. Superbright amber LEDs are very cheap if you order them from the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1511238)
CCFLs need ballasts. You don't want to use them as indicator lights unless you want them to last for only weeks. Superbright amber LEDs are very cheap if you order them from the US.

Really :Shockked:
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any web like where I can check specification and pricing for the those LEDs

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1511170)
Sorry for the OT, but pics of this please?!! I have a Getz, and exploring my options...

I'll upload some Pictures tonight and if you don't have any previous experience in DIY Projector retrofitting then you can ask smokin , He might be able to help you for the same.

Tip : Use the edit button instead of creating back to back posts.

For amber superbright LEDs, search RS | world-leading distributor of electronic, industrial and maintenance, repair and operation products. for an Indian option or try DigiKey Corp. | Electronic Components Distributor | United States Home Page.

Digi-Key Part Search
Optoelectronics and Displays | Optoelectronics | LED

You can use single superbright LEDs or use several surface mount ones on a small piece of PCB. Looking forward to your results!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3danikesh (Post 1511389)
Really :Shockked:
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any web like where I can check specification and pricing for the those LEDs

here are the pics you asked for
also check this youtube video that I have uploded : YouTube - FX 35 Bi-Xenon Projector on Hyundai Getz

THAT'S COOL !!

how much these system costed you and what are you sing as the parking lights i couldnt find oneplease:

hi, any idea if project headlamps are available for elantra as well??
cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokin (Post 1512535)
THAT'S COOL !!

how much these system costed you and what are you sing as the parking lights i couldnt find oneplease:

Entire Setup cost is Rs. 24000 approx and parking light is standard next projector (no LED no CCFL Angel eye)
Infinity FX 35 Bi xenon Projector - $210
Matsushita Gen 3 35W Digital Ballast -$ 185
Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs (4300K) - $ 80
Ballast control box and wire harness - $ 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphamike (Post 1512866)
hi, any idea if project headlamps are available for elantra as well??
cheers,

These Projectors can be fitted to virtually any Car but it might cost you more than aftermarket headlight, though cheaper options are also available

I have just finished my dual projector design. Please let me know what you think:)