Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 06:30   #16
BANNED

According to BD sir, Autometer reading was not accurate and prone to failure.
Old 11th June 2010, 06:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

I know about the shortcomings of the Autometer make meters. Once BD sir only told me about it. I just want to know were these meters originally fitted on the delight model. Were they OEM to PAL.
Old 11th June 2010, 06:48   #18
BANNED

Mostly yes. As I too have few sets of these Delight Autometers.
Old 11th June 2010, 10:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Meter Pods Fitted To The Plate

Nearly 40% of work on the delight meter is completed and the meter pods are fitted back to the mount plate.
Next is the sanding and priming of the meter console followed by 3 coats of heat resistant paint and polishing.
Attached Thumbnails
Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0392.jpg  

Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0393.jpg  

Old 12th June 2010, 08:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Folks get ready to be delighted as the delight meter work is over and everything is installed in place. Pics follow.DO comment.
BTW the pics don't do justice to the resto work so will upload some good quality pics later today.
Attached Thumbnails
Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0397.jpg  

Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0398.jpg  

Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0399.jpg  

Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0400.jpg  

Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0401.jpg  

Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-image0402.jpg  

Last edited by samsag12 : 12th June 2010 at 08:05.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2010, 08:08   #21
BANNED

A job well done. Hope the meter works!
Old 12th June 2010, 23:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Folks get ready to be delighted as the delight meter work is over and everything is installed in place. Pics follow.DO comment.
BTW the pics don't do justice to the resto work so will upload some good quality pics later today.
Nice job dude, you have such immaculate meeter surrounds with switches, search one for me also na. still looking for one for my car.
Old 13th June 2010, 07:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Nice job dude, you have such immaculate meeter surrounds with switches, search one for me also na. still looking for one for my car.
Thanks for the appreciation dude. I think the immaculate condition of these items are achieved through the restoration work carried on them otherwise they all are picked from scrap and bear scratches, cracks and dents. I am still on a lookout for your requirement but here they sold the full meter and not just the casing. I have combined your requirement with mine as if i find a old model meter(preferably the ribbon one) will buy it and send the casing to you.
BTW the casing which you have is irreparable or what ? I think you have 2 cracked meter casings. If so do upload the pics for an idea.
Old 13th June 2010, 08:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thanks for the appreciation dude. I think the immaculate condition of these items are achieved through the restoration work carried on them otherwise they all are picked from scrap and bear scratches, cracks and dents. I am still on a lookout for your requirement but here they sold the full meter and not just the casing. I have combined your requirement with mine as if i find a old model meter(preferably the ribbon one) will buy it and send the casing to you.
BTW the casing which you have is irreparable or what ? I think you have 2 cracked meter casings. If so do upload the pics for an idea.
I have 3 all of them with torn / broken corners (the place where the screw mounts on the bottom) and that too on both sides.
Old 13th June 2010, 08:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I have 3 all of them with torn / broken corners (the place where the screw mounts on the bottom) and that too on both sides.
Oh Sh*t then they are of no use. Mounting holes cannot be repaired or glued. But a pic or two of them can help to give a better idea(if you don't mind). Both the sides broken is irony that too on all the casings. Meter must have been kheench ke nikala gaya hoga type. I think the only solution to repair them is to regenerate the holes on a metal plate and fix it to the plastic console from the inside of casing using industrial strength Araldite(the liquid tube ones) Cost mere 70Rs followed by remodeling the outer surface with the help of Mseal. Then the finishing work can be done over it. Atleast you can experiment on one of the casings as you have 2 in spare. And if everything fails, do keep in mindthat i am searching for a good piece in scrapyard for you.

PS: Shipping will be a problem otherwise i would have loved to take up this challenge.

Last edited by samsag12 : 13th June 2010 at 08:40.
Old 13th June 2010, 17:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good news. Following the suggestion of Manish bhai, today i tested the temperature needle of the President meter and was surprised to see it working. Used a cup filled with hot water and dipped the bulb inside. So finally i have a meter which is fully functional. BTW the meter is cleaned and packed. Have insulated the temperature wire with a gas rubber pipe to prevent accidental bending of the vaccum wire. The casing is awaiting the paint job as i have ran out of paint. Will get a can in a day or two.
Old 28th March 2018, 20:09   #27
BHPian

Re: Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing

Found this, I remember this meter so much
Attached Thumbnails
Diy-fiat 1100d & President Meter Refurbishing-img20180327wa0007.jpeg  

kcj3b is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks