Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2020, 12:20   #91
BHPian

Re: DIY : Cleaning your MAF Sensor for Rs 120

Hi friends,

did this task on my Toyota Fortuner (2015), it was fairly easy. I have captured step-by-step process.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 03:42   #92
BHPian

Did it on my car (2.2 D4D engine) today. Used Liqui-Moly MAF sensor cleaner.

Didn't force reset the ECU. Went for a 2 km ride, seems the acceleration has dropped a bit. Will wait for 100 miles and see.

The plate/wire facing the airflow was black prior to cleaning, so I guess some improvement will be seen in due course. If nothing happens, will disconnect the battery and force the ECU to reset
Old 31st October 2020, 18:10   #93
BHPian

Update: Went on a 35 mile round trip drive. Seems the lower end has gone up, pulling away from 35 mph on the 5th gear is a breeze now. Didn't get a chance to use the sixth cog as the max speed on that stretch was only 50 mph. Thr third cog is like an auto now.

Some of it came from the tyres that were inflated to 35 psi (recommended) as it was low (29 psi only). Though I am conscious of the placebo effect, I felt there was definitely some improvement, needing to downshift less often.

To facilitate ECU learning, did some good range of rpm throughout the journey. I know there is some more driving needed before it settles down.
Jeep is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks