Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:13   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
Any Ideas guys where can I pick up a Dremel kit in kolkata?
No, but as suggested for the service, try Bosch dealers --- it is they who sell Dremmel here in Chennai.
Old 24th June 2009, 00:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Happy DIY-ing

I posted them just for the benifit of other members here, no commercial benifits ot interest connected to that.
Thanks. I was just kidding. Btw, I had visited the SPAR in bannerghetta road and not the one in Oasis which is nearer to my place. Didn't even know that there is a SPAR there as well till today

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Jaguar, Thanks for the pricing and the PIC, I'll be buying the drill kit sometime later for sure.
You are welcome.
Old 24th June 2009, 09:11   #93
BHPian

Even Biz Baazar has a Bosch stall. I saw one at Old Madra Rd. BB. Prices looked higher than that of spar to me.
This jigsaw (Pic is from net, not the actual one on display there) was priced at Rs.2,200/-
Sales man was always shadowing me and I could not freely check the things out there. There were also powertools of another brand called powermax.

Tools for a DIYer-bosch-jigsaw.jpg
Old 24th June 2009, 10:34   #95
BHPian

There is a new dealer for Stanley tools on SP Road (on your left before you climb the fly-over). I recogonised the chap at the counter and he affirmed that this was another outlet by Hussen and Co (Commerical Street).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Even Biz Baazar has a Bosch stall. I saw one at Old Madra Rd. BB. Prices looked higher than that of spar to me.
This jigsaw (Pic is from net, not the actual one on display there) was priced at Rs.2,200/-
Sales man was always shadowing me and I could not freely check the things out there. There were also powertools of another brand called powermax.

Attachment 151818
Wow, the Bosch jig-saw is next on my 'to buy tools' list. I had to do some DIY install of Polycarbonate sheets on the stair-case railings of my house [to prevent my eight month old son from going through it]. So, went to Metro to buy a jig-saw but they did not have them in stock and I had to do this with my 'SKIL' Marble-cutter. I am happy with the results of that DIY but would have been so better if I had a Jig-saw.

Also, I was in the Gujari hunting for some spares for my ss80 and Willys Jeep when I came across a 'mixed bag' of around 25 sockets in various sizes. After lot of bargaining, I paid Rs.500 for a mix of various Canadian, U.S and Japanese branded sockets. Known brands were Snap-on and Kraftsman. There was no rachet wrench, but I already have a Stanley one with sockets of sizes that I normally use. So, do not rule out the good old Gujari for there might be such hidden treasures there.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 24th June 2009 at 10:36.
Old 16th August 2009, 20:13   #96
BHPian

DIY Oscilloscope

I added this tool today. Ordered from net Digital Storage Oscilloscope DIY Kit with Panels [TOL107C3M] - $33.00 : Seeed Studio Depot, Arsenal for interaction engineering, paid $33+$3 shipping. It took 3 hours to solder all SMT. It also measures frequency.

On my desk testing, 500Hz/5Vpp -

Tools for a DIYer-image168.jpg
Old 16th August 2009, 21:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

How do you trigger / single shot? Looks cool!
Old 16th August 2009, 21:17   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
How do you trigger / single shot? Looks cool!
Its AUT - means auto triggered now. But there is provision of normal (NOR) and external signal (SIG) too. I did not try later one.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:55   #99
BHPian

Does anyone know of a place in Pune where I can buy some good car tools?
Old 26th January 2010, 00:45   #100
Senior - BHPian

Something I wanted to get from a long time . .It does not come with a hard case , need to hunt for a good pencil box .Its an absolute beauty to just hold it .I already measured the disk brake thickness :P .
Attached Thumbnails
Tools for a DIYer-dsc01044.jpg  

Last edited by black12rr : 26th January 2010 at 00:47.
Old 26th January 2010, 01:59   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

I've got one of those. Many years ago, I wanted a drill gage (Just a steel plate with sized holes in it) and the vernier gage was cheaper!

I used to have a micrometer, that was thrown out by a factory I was working for at the time, for a minor fault, but unfortunately that got lost along the way. Not something I've ever needed, but hey, measuring people's hair is some sort of an ice breaker
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:16   #102
BHPian

Is there an attachment (bundled or otherwise) with the Bosch GSB 13 RE for unscrewing the wheel nuts in our cars?
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:58   #103
Senior - BHPian

@black12rr how much did the vernier caliper cost you? What is the warranty? i also plan to buy one.

Spike
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
... Bosch GSB 13 RE for unscrewing the wheel nuts ...
Not that anyone has heard of. One uses gear-reduced pneumatic impact drivers for that, and that is too costly a system for home use. Impact in 'Impact drill' (axial impact) is different from that in 'Impact driver' (radial impact).
Old 24th February 2010, 18:07   #105
BHPian

Hi guys!
I am thinking of buying the famous BOSCH GSB13RE Professional Impact drill bundled tool kit. The dealer here in Faridabad is quoting me a price of Rs. 3900 and said that the MRP is Rs. 5500. But, in this same thread I read of a guy who got it for Rs. 3500. Can somebody reply with the correct price. Please. I need to buy it but I fear the dealer is over-charging.
Abhinav Sharma

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks