Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 15:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY: Steering mounted Audio Controls.

Awesome DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
Are there any "after market" solutions available which you may have explored before you did this on your own?
This remote should cost 800-900 Rs in accessory shops:

eBay India: Pioneer Steering Remote Control Unit CD-SR100 (item 140504542489 end time 31-Jan-2011 08:19:23 IST)

Using it for last 3 years.
Old 25th January 2011, 20:27   #47
BHPian

1. What happens when you decide to upgrade or change your HU to a different Brand?

A In this case all i have to do is buy a new horn button/patch the exiting one OR Do the DIY all over again using the new remote after swapping the connections.

2. Why did you try fabricating steering mounted controls from other cars like SX4(looks nice and is a good fit)

A. The main aim was to create this remote with limited use of vitamin M. Ill be honest here, the thing is i was not 100% sure whether this jugaad would work.

3. If i am not wrong some Head units (blaupunkt) Have wiring looms and additions like steering controls etc, did you think aboutr getting one of those connectors before doing a open heart on your present remote?

A. Yes i did do some research on these kits but the problem is the lancers steering center has no opening to let wires pass through. Even the horn clip is fiited in one corner which has a copper ring (this actually is the contact of the horn to the button).\

4. As others expressed, battery changing will pose a problem so thinking of powering that too with the car electricals?

A. Battery changing for me atleast is just a 2 minute job. Tried accessing the battery compartment yesterday so am confident on that. With my kind of use the battery should last me atleast 10 months to a year.

5. Finally can you mark each button and say what it does for better understanding?

A. Will do that in some time. Im actually getting the tags made at a sticker shop, should be done by tomm.

Any further queries, feel free to ask.
Old 27th January 2011, 10:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

COOOOOOOOOL is the only word i can say. And you did it with very small amount.

So how is your experience with it? Is it easy to work with? How you assembled in the steering?
Old 27th January 2011, 10:36   #49
BHPian

Now that's what I call innovative. Excellent work!! I think the old Pioneer remotes had the function marked on the button itself unlike the new ones where it's printed on the remote body. Not sure what it would have been like if you taken those remote itself (if it did work with your headunit)

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 27th January 2011 at 10:38.
Old 27th January 2011, 11:08   #50
BHPian

@aniketi: Thanks bro. The experience was good, just that being a first timer i had to redo things twice, apart from that it was a walk in the park. It is easy to work if you have your basics right, luckily my days of research paid off. Yes its assembled inside the horn button, have fastened it with cable ties so that i can remote it easily if there's any problem in future. Check page 3 for the inside view. @rosh: Thanks bro. Yes the old pio remotes had the membrane marked but they dont work on the 4250, had tried it. Am in the process of giving the horn button some finishing touches, should be done by next week. stay tuned.
Old 30th January 2017, 09:08   #51
BHPian

Deleted.
Mods please delete this post. Thanks.

Last edited by mvadg : 30th January 2017 at 09:11.
Old 30th January 2017, 09:10   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
@aniketi: Thanks bro. The experience was good, just that being a first timer i had to redo things twice, apart from that it was a walk in the park. It is easy to work if you have your basics right, luckily my days of research paid off. Yes its assembled inside the horn button, have fastened it with cable ties so that i can remote it easily if there's any problem in future. Check page 3 for the inside view. @rosh: Thanks bro. Yes the old pio remotes had the membrane marked but they dont work on the 4250, had tried it. Am in the process of giving the horn button some finishing touches, should be done by next week. stay tuned.
All I can say is: Wow!
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 19:28   #53
BHPian

Hello!

I have Tata Nexon XE (pre-facelift) fitted with Foxfire Android head unit.
Link: http://www.foxfire.co.in/tata/nexon

I have also procured OEM steering mounted controls with brackets from Boodmo.
I have seen many Youtube videos showing that people have installed and integrated both of these together.
But I am not able to get the information about wiring connections to get it working.
Nobody has shared it as most the videos were uploaded by accessory shop owners, who would not want to expose their trade secret.

What I feel is there should be some universal guideline / way to do it.
Does anybody here can help me in getting it work?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks