Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 22:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Driving with fog-lamps on, headlights off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynot View Post
Count me in as one who uses his fogs (plus parking lights of course) rather than low beam in the city. but this is just because I don't feel the need for headlights in bumper to bumper traffic and I just hate it when people in the opposite lane are driving on high beams.
I use the parking lights and fog lights while at traffic lights to avoid getting stopped by the cops for fitting 130/100W bulbs (without them, pedestrians are invisible at night esp. the ones crossing over the divider). I haven't noticed anyone getting stopped for head lamps but I do know that they aren't rated for use on public roads because of what it says on the box.
Old 15th August 2018, 18:58   #47
BHPian

Re: Driving with fog-lamps on, headlights off!

I do this in the city, as the throw of the fog lamps in the Ecosport is quite good, especially with LED lamps. The OEM parking lamps are LED strips which are quite bright, so clearance isn't really an issue.

But, I guess it would be confusing if aftermarket fog lamps were fitted, as most of them are fitted near the front grille near the number plate area.

Driving with fog-lamps on, headlights off!-subaru_forester_rally_innovations_rally_light_bar_2009_2010_2011_2012_2013_1_1024x1024.jpg

Of late, I have seen cars with a single LED fog lamp fitted on the passenger side, near the A-pillar, like the pic below but on the passenger side.

Driving with fog-lamps on, headlights off!-fjc-1.jpg

I guess not everyone that installs fog lamps are responsible drivers. I think factory fitted fog lamps are required to be at the extremities of the vehicle.

Most Viewed