|7th February 2012, 13:15||#121|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 691 Times
I find it more comfortable to drive a small car with good torque, than a small car with mediocre torque, or an SUV.
I have found Scorpio very tiring for the journeys between Bangalore and Pondicherry (where there are no sharp curves), than my Palio MJD.
In Indian driving conditions, handling matters too. When there are 2 trucks in 2 lanes doing 40 kmph, it is much easier to zigzag through them (of course, carefully) in a small car than an SUV.
|13th February 2012, 12:10||#122|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked: 3,799 Times
Re: Do SUVs decrease driving fatigue? How?
Have both sedans and suv.
I prefer the SUV on all roads except to potter around town for very short distances.
1) Better visibility of the traffic ahead and knowing which lane to be in.
2) Better (errect) seating which works better for my back.
3) More comfy as a ride over bad roads. (Not fair to compare a 50L Merc with a 10L SUV - talking in terms of vehicles (Sedan and SUV)of the same price)
4) Lesser stress of watching out for unmarked speed bumps that may leave the suspension badly damaged.
5) Lesser glare from oncoming vehicles at night. Even in monsoon somehow the rain navigation and visibility is better in the SUV for me.
6) Am not stressed out to the same extent as in a sedan when going through a flooded road in the monsoon.
7) SUV's tend to be more spacious and are generally less clausrophobic in the rear seat as well on longer drives.
So inspite of having the Laura DSG AT and i10 AT (earlier Ciel0 AT) as sedans and the Rough Safari and now the refined Aria as SUV prefer the SUV for all types of drives.
|The following BHPian Thanks ACM for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Does Red Bull / Any Energy Drink reduce driving fatigue?||Warwithwheels||Drive Safe||86||1st November 2013 18:15|
|Does the height of the car matter -- Fatigue related!!||RROD||Technical Stuff||11||26th December 2010 11:37|
|How to decrease the Turning radius(Any Possible Mods)??||greatDrive||Modifications & Accessories||14||3rd July 2007 12:24|
|Fatigue Kills!!!||drifter||Street Experiences||44||26th November 2005 20:27|