Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2011, 09:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: *Mumbai* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th Novembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I just got the confirmation call yesterday. Who all coming ?
I know of f1fan, diesel_power and self. Infotech58, axe77 and funkyp also sent their emails.
Old 19th November 2011, 10:01   #32
BHPian

Re: *Mumbai* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th Novembe

Just sent the mail. Hope its not full already! Can anyone shed some light to the new venue? I mean I've seen the map but can anyone mention the place. Couldn't make out the map!!
Old 19th November 2011, 10:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- When? Sunday November 20th, 2011 at Wasan Ford : Survey no 339 / 340, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088 (Landmark = Near Saha Industrial Estate, Behind Raheja Acropolis).

- P.S. Good chance to meet fellow BHPians too
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar_gogoi View Post
Can anyone shed some light to the new venue? I mean I've seen the map but can anyone mention the place. Couldn't make out the map!!
Here is GTO's post announcing the venue. I think the time has also changed to 11 am as this is what is mentioned in the SMS I got.
Old 19th November 2011, 10:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update*

There is a change of venue. All of you who have registered will receive this notification from Ford as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Here is GTO's post announcing the venue. I think the time has also changed to 11 am as this is what is mentioned in the SMS I got.
Hers's GTO's post mentioning change of venue and the map shows it somewhere in chembur. Now I am really confused!!
Old 19th November 2011, 14:55   #35
BHPian

can somebody pls explain whats there in practical sessions??? anybody planing for autocar show after this event?
Old 19th November 2011, 14:59   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
can somebody pls explain whats there in practical sessions??? anybody planing for autocar show after this event?
I am planning to go to the Autocar show today, but if I am not able to make it(still stuck in office at airoli) today, will definitely join you tomorrow.
Old 19th November 2011, 20:49   #37
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Hers's GTO's post mentioning change of venue and the map shows it somewhere in chembur. Now I am really confused!!
It's near Chembur, not at Chembur. It's at Deonar. You can easily search the location on Google maps and you should be able to get directions from your place to the venue.
Old 19th November 2011, 21:21   #38
BHPian

wats the total no of bhpians??i doubt there would be even 20!!!
Old 20th November 2011, 00:40   #39
BHPian

No confirmation calls yet. Anybody else waiting for the calls??
Old 20th November 2011, 00:56   #40
BANNED

Quote:
No confirmation calls yet. Anybody else waiting for the calls??
No confirmation call to me as well. But had got the message regarding the change of venue.

Last edited by diesel_power : 20th November 2011 at 01:01.
Old 20th November 2011, 08:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
wats the total no of bhpians??i doubt there would be even 20!!!
Eleven at last count. If you google for Raheja acropolis you can see it marked on google maps. adjacent to it is the venue Wassan ford. Raheja Acropolis 2 (Adonis/Augustus), Deonar Village Rd, Govandi, Maharashtra - Google Maps
Old 20th November 2011, 08:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

So any one meeting up anywhere near chembur?
Old 20th November 2011, 09:26   #43
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th November 2011 at 12:11.
procircuit_234 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th November 2011, 13:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Just back - no practical sessions were conducted for lack of space. :(

I was looking forward to the practicals.

About a dozen TBHP's attended - I had to rush back as I had urgent work, so couldn't wait and meet all of you guys.
Old 20th November 2011, 15:42   #45
SAS
BHPian

Okay, I attended it with several other BHPians, there were around 18 of us there in all.

The session was conducted by Selvaraj who works for Ford and does these sessions as part of the CSR program at Ford. They did distribute handouts, I'll scan it and upload it this Tuesday for the benefit of others. I'd also suggest reading the material on Ford's DSFL website where they have other good material which shall help hone your skills.

The session was useful, although we may have already known about many of the ways to drive safe / defensively. However attending a session on safety again ingrains such knowledge so that during an emergency such knowledge comes to mind immediately and can be easily applied without panicking

I was unable to record any video, sorry, but was able to record a 3 minute clip where Selvaraj talks about reaction time and being alert while driving. I am uploading it on youtube and sharing the link for the benefit of others, please ignore the grainy quality since my phone's lens was dirty

Also got a chance to meet other TBHPians, chitchat and make new friends who are like minded Overall enjoyed the session, although the practicals were not there.

Link for the video:
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks