Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 11:41   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Mumbai* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th November

High Points:

Keeping in mind Team-BHP's commitment to safe driving, Ford is organising a "Driving Skills for Life" program only for BHPians & Team-BHP's guests. You can own any make of car as a participant (or even not own one at all). Only requirement is a commitment to driving safe, and motivation to improve your driving skills. Participation is free of cost.

- What? Refer to the post below for my report on the DSFL program.

- When? Sunday November 20th, 2011 at Wasan Ford : Survey no 339 / 340, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088 (Landmark = Near Saha Industrial Estate, Behind Raheja Acropolis).

- Time? 11:30 am – 2:30 pm. Lunch will be served to the participants.

- Capacity? The session can accommodate 40 BHPians. Prior registration is mandatory.

- How do I register? Drop an email to drivesafe@team-bhp.com with your full name & cell number.

Thanks to Ford India for organising this event for us, and for pro-actively conducting the DSFL program across the country. India is in dire need of safer roads.

P.S. Good chance to meet fellow BHPians too

Last edited by GTO : 17th November 2011 at 17:20.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 11:42   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: *Mumbai* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th Novembe

"Driving Skills for Life"

*Mumbai* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th November-1.jpg

Source: Visit to Ford's Chennai Factory

As part of its "Corporate Social Responsibility" initiative, Ford has recently launched the "Driving Skills for Life" education program in India. The program's scope will cover its employees, while some dealers too have evinced interest in conducting the program at their level.

So, what is the Driving Skills for life program?
  • Training that includes theoretical (classroom) and practical sessions
  • Total time = About 2 hours in the classroom, and another 1.5 hours for practicals
  • Subjects : Driving for Safety. Driving for Economy.
  • Several points covered, including the importance of seat belts (for rear passengers too), maintaining a "3 second" distance from the car ahead, right of way at intersections, the dangers of speeding (e.g. the dramatic difference in braking distances from 60 versus 65 mph), blind spots, avoiding distractions (SMS'ing while driving) and, of course, maximising fuel economy (the right gear changes).
  • Videos made the training interesting. Sure-shot way of captivating the audience.
  • Mr. Shakti from Hubert Ebner (Ford's partner in the event) is so obviously well-read on the subject. He frequently backed up bits of safety advice with sheer statistics (nothing like numbers to drive the safety message home).
  • Though the program is targeting regular drivers, even as a petrolhead, I benefited from some key points (e.g. seat belts for rear passengers, importance of daytime running lights etc.). Great refresher of safety pointers for pros too.

More info at the Driving Skills for Life Homepage

*Mumbai* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th November-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2011 at 11:43.
Old 14th November 2011, 12:57   #3
BHPian

Re: *Mumbai* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th Novembe

That's a nice privilege for Team-BHPians.

@GTO, any idea if Ford plans to host for this event in Delhi/NCR. I am eager to attend this event and I am sure I am not the only one.

Also looking at the way people drive here, I think Delhi/NCR people need it the most .
Old 14th November 2011, 13:01   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamboj View Post
That's a nice privilege for Team-BHPians.

@GTO, any idea if Ford plans to host for this event in Delhi/NCR. I am eager to attend this event and I am sure I am not the only one.

Also looking at the way people drive here, I think Delhi/NCR people need it the most .
Not sure, If you have checked the below link,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-november.html
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 14:20   #5
BHPian

what are the charges per participant?
Old 14th November 2011, 14:54   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
what are the charges per participant?
Request to carefully read the opening post before asking questions. Participation is free.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 15:45   #7
BHPian

Was waiting for this event to take place in Mumbai. I am in GTO, just sent my request for registration.
Old 14th November 2011, 16:40   #8
BANNED

Thanks GTO, I am definitely want to attend this event. Just one issue, I wont be able to drop an email right now (cant access my gmail from office). I hope there is vacancy till today evening.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:44   #9

Man , I wish I could attend but have to reach Pune for Bacardi Weekender Festival ... next time for sure
metalSeeker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 20:31   #10
SAS
BHPian

Count me in. I have been following them on Twitter and I'm glad that they have finally come to Mumbai. I had registered myself on their website earlier and downloaded their course materials, etc.

Shall definitely attend this Sunday
Old 15th November 2011, 21:56   #11
BHPian

I have just sent in my registration mail. Hope there are still vacancies left!

Hope to see a lot of bhpian's at the event as I have not met any of you before!
Old 16th November 2011, 09:34   #12
BHPian

GTO - Good initiative by Ford. Will this event be organized in Pune as well?
Old 16th November 2011, 10:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Just sent an email. Hope to meet some BHPians there. Will be driving from Colaba.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:07   #14
BHPian

I dropped in a mail yesterday and have yet to receive any confirmations.Has anyone received any email confirmation? Would help to know if the registration has been accepted and how many vacancies are left. It will also help in planning for the weekend accordingly .
Old 16th November 2011, 17:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
I dropped in a mail yesterday and have yet to receive any confirmations.Has anyone received any email confirmation?
I don't think confirmations come by email or SMS. Checking out the DSFL thread in other cities too didn't read about confirmations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks