Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 13:15   #61
BHPian

Re: My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree

Kudos to your wife ! Hope she is recovering well. And what about the guy who was behind this terrible incident. The one who overtook a vehicle in the corner. Did you manage to blame him .
Old 11th November 2013, 14:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
How did this happen If I may ask ?, on a lighter note 'we should stop travelling on Diwali'
Hello TheHkrish,

So got any news? I mean is the insurance survey report available to you? Do you know the list of the parts will have to replaced to bring your car back to its original condition?

I understand the service center has already informed you that it will take approx 2 months to get your ready, but also ensure to get the list of the parts that the surveyor has suggested to be replaced.

Thanks,
Old 11th November 2013, 15:13   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello TheHkrish,

So got any news? I mean is the insurance survey report available to you? Do you know the list of the parts will have to replaced to bring your car back to its original condition?

I understand the service center has already informed you that it will take approx 2 months to get your ready, but also ensure to get the list of the parts that the surveyor has suggested to be replaced.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh, I have got the estimate from the Fiat Guys, surveyor had come today and had a check. I would have to check the surveyor report to know what are the actual damage.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
That would be the opt decision (to go for a new car). You would be able to retain the number ?.
Good to know that your father is safe despite injuries. How is he doing ?, do convey our best regards.
Yeah i can get the same nunber in different series. Dad is recovering from shock.
Old 12th November 2013, 13:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

Feel sorry for you both and the new car after reading the post, but at the same time thanks to the divine stars and Punto, that you both are safe! Accidents do happen and its just a matter of taking this as a learning experience and moving on.

My father heads one of the branches of a leading public sector insurance company in my hometown in Kerala. I just spoke to him regarding this incident and he too reassures that the damages to your wallet might be very minimal. According to him, the estimate of 3 Lakh might just be an estimate and the actual bill might work up a lot less than that (again it is just what he assumes from what he regularly sees)

Regarding towing charges, he says his company (different from the one you have insured) pays only a specific amount which in their case is around Rs. 1500. This is by default included in the policy.

Regarding FIR, he says FIR may not be mandatory, because there is no other party involved, nor there is loss to property belonging to a third person. But it would be better if you go to the nearest police station and get a 'General Diary' entry in their records that such an incident had happened in their police station limits. Also, he advises to keep a couple of crash site photos of the car in hand till the claim process is through. These rules though may vary with company to company and it would be better to consult the specific surveyor or a claims officer to find out the complete details of what is needed.

Please feel free to PM me if you want anymore details from him.
sandsun7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 14:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

Thank God that both of your are safe. The Fiat seems to have taken the hit very well, but cannot say the same of the Dzire. In the end, both of you and your families are safe, thats what matters the most. Cars can come and go, not a big deal. These incidents show the importance of seat belts and airbags. I just wish airbags would be standard across all the available range of models.
Old 12th November 2013, 15:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Thank God that both of your are safe. The Fiat seems to have taken the hit very well, but cannot say the same of the Dzire. In the end, both of you and your families are safe, thats what matters the most. Cars can come and go, not a big deal. These incidents show the mportance of seat belts and airbags. I just wish airbags would be standard across all the available range of models.
Would like to inform one thing that the punto hit a stationery tree whereas the dzire hit a car travelling at 120 and it itself was travelling at 60. Combined speed was 180. Just imagine the force of the impact. We are lucky the shell didn't crush completly to the back like the accent. i don't want to start comparing at such a time. But swift has also scored 5 star rating in euro ncap rating. And it is safe to assume that swift and dzire are quiet similar in terms of their structure.
Attached Images

Last edited by rockporiom : 12th November 2013 at 15:13.
rockporiom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 17:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Would like to inform one thing that the punto hit a stationery tree whereas the dzire hit a car travelling at 120 and it itself was travelling at 60. .
Thanks for putting this point. Actually I also didn't wish to compare both scenarios as they are totally different.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 09:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Feel sorry for you both and the new car after reading the post, but at the same time thanks to the divine stars and Punto, that you both are safe! Accidents do happen and its just a matter of taking this as a learning experience and moving on.

My father heads one of the branches of a leading public sector insurance company in my hometown in Kerala. I just spoke to him regarding this incident and he too reassures that the damages to your wallet might be very minimal. According to him, the estimate of 3 Lakh might just be an estimate and the actual bill might work up a lot less than that (again it is just what he assumes from what he regularly sees)

Regarding towing charges, he says his company (different from the one you have insured) pays only a specific amount which in their case is around Rs. 1500. This is by default included in the policy.

Regarding FIR, he says FIR may not be mandatory, because there is no other party involved, nor there is loss to property belonging to a third person. But it would be better if you go to the nearest police station and get a 'General Diary' entry in their records that such an incident had happened in their police station limits. Also, he advises to keep a couple of crash site photos of the car in hand till the claim process is through. These rules though may vary with company to company and it would be better to consult the specific surveyor or a claims officer to find out the complete details of what is needed.

Please feel free to PM me if you want anymore details from him.
Thanks Buddy, for the re-assuring words. I have mailed them the crash photos. Things you have said are spot on. Towing charges might be reimbursed upto 1.5K. I would certainly PM when I get at any cross roads , thanks for the help
Old 30th December 2013, 18:57   #70
BHPian

Re: My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Now Back with a Bang !!!

Let me start by apologizing for the delay in status, I thought of updating the thread once we got our beloved TUMBLR Back in shape.
Now here we are as we got the car from Vecto on Saturday, after grueling one and half month of waiting we got him back in pristine condition.

Thanks guys for all the wishes and words and sorry for the delay again. Met T-Bhpian Rohit(rohittunga) in Vecto when he came for his Linea's Service. Nice to have met you there buddy. Following your thread from Page one now..

Now lets pics do the talking , the recent pics are taken once TUMBLR had a wax session at 3M HSR.

Have to thank Vecto motors for the good work they have done . I am yet to figure out the small niggling issues , which I am hoping not to discover during my home trip( call it wishful thinking).
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-now-then.jpg  

My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-tumblr_back006.jpg  

My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-tumblr_back008.jpg  

My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-tumblr_back009.jpg  

My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree-tumblr_back010.jpg  

TheHkrish is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 19:00   #71
BHPian

Let me the first person to congratulate you. Great to see the Italian beauty on road. Happy motoring ahead...
Old 30th December 2013, 19:16   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ah! They have done a fabulous job from the photos!
Good to see the car looking nice and back on the road.
Wishing you many safe miles ahead!
Old 31st December 2013, 09:35   #73
BHPian

Wow the car looks brand new. Definitely need to appreciate Vecto Motors for doing such a fine job

Even I had a nice experience with them during my last service. Looks like they are finally pulling up their socks and striving to provide a better service and your car is a testimony of that.

It was really nice meeting you as well although I couldn't spend more time speaking with you. Congragulations once again and wishing you many many safe and trouble free miles.
Old 31st December 2013, 09:40   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Always great to see a beauty back in its glory. The work quality looks really good from the pics. Hopefully it will prove to be the niggle free.
Old 31st December 2013, 09:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

Wow... The looks are great. I can feel your happiness for having the baby back from the hospital. Wish you many more safe happy miles!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks