Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2014, 23:41   #76
BHPian

re: Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life: Update from NHAI on page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

In the ideal world, I agree with your say.
Agreed. Some more points to add to your list:

1. There should not have been a zebra crossing on a highway.
2. Even if it was there, there should have been sign boards indicating that a zebra crossing is coming up.
3. And for adequate safety, there should have been a speed breaker to slow down cars.

But be that as it may, it is still the legal responsibility of vehicles to protect pedestrians. And despite the initial shock, if the zebra crossing was seen at any stage, the pedestrian would not have been called a jaywalker.

Last edited by lapsi : 18th January 2014 at 00:09.
Old 18th January 2014, 16:10   #77
BHPian

re: Dzire Accident: How seatbelts, ABS & airbags saved my life: Update from NHAI on page 8

Hi Arun,

I can pretty well relate to your feeling of the crash.. Airbags and seat belt saved our lives as well.

I have to thank T-Bhp and the supreme force as you said for enabling us to make better decisions while buying the car.

Sorry for all the preaching , what is the estimate time of delivery ?

P.S: The dzire has taken the hit pretty well for 2+ lakhs workout. Do let us know about your future plans.
TheHkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 10:16   #78

Take care Arun. Lucky that you and the bike-guy were unhurt. Still I feel the intersections at curves are dangerous always.
I came across a jeep coming in the opposite direction in the right lane once in a curve and luckily there was no one to my left lane and so I managed to escape steering left. I think we need to be more cautious in curves after Madurai.
anto_giscard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 15:10   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Hi Arun,

I can pretty well relate to your feeling of the crash.. Airbags and seat belt saved our lives as well.

I have to thank T-Bhp and the supreme force as you said for enabling us to make better decisions while buying the car.

Sorry for all the preaching , what is the estimate time of delivery ?

P.S: The dzire has taken the hit pretty well for 2+ lakhs workout. Do let us know about your future plans.
The work has not started yet, the insurance company is pushing for cash settlement(IDV) but they are yet to send any official communication on this. I have already escalated this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto_giscard View Post
Take care Arun. Lucky that you and the bike-guy were unhurt. Still I feel the intersections at curves are dangerous always.
I came across a jeep coming in the opposite direction in the right lane once in a curve and luckily there was no one to my left lane and so I managed to escape steering left. I think we need to be more cautious in curves after Madurai.
Yes, we need to be extra cautious at intersections. There are some dangerous curves near Valliyoor and Panagudi as well.
Old 19th January 2014, 20:17   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Arun, do you have any thoughts on what your next car is going to be,provided the insurance declare this as total loss?
Old 19th January 2014, 21:05   #81
BHPian

Wow! Just read this thread. First off, I'm glad that you're safe, in no small part due to good habits (belting up) and good choices (your car). I too had a car crash recently and I can relate to your choice of not wanting to injure anyone - one can only imagine the agony of guilt should you maim anyone, even if he brought it on himself.

Congratulations and good luck! God bless
Old 20th January 2014, 22:13   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Arun, do you have any thoughts on what your next car is going to be,provided the insurance declare this as total loss?
Yes, if it is a cash settlement then I will be looking at the diesel models of Fiesta Classic, Linea, SX4, Ertiga. I was interested in Rapid but not having the guts due to the Skoda scary stories. I like to have XUV500 but my budget doesn't permit. My wife is not interested in Manza, Etios, Verito so thay are dropped by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Wow! Just read this thread. First off, I'm glad that you're safe, in no small part due to good habits (belting up) and good choices (your car). I too had a car crash recently and I can relate to your choice of not wanting to injure anyone - one can only imagine the agony of guilt should you maim anyone, even if he brought it on himself.

Congratulations and good luck! God bless
Thanks for the good wishes! I went through your thread as well and good to know that safety features helped. Hope you are not facing any issues with your insurance claim.
Old 24th January 2014, 09:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

How is the claim coming along? If there is no movement, I would urge you to write to the customer care and top brass of the insurance company. Not as an escalation but a notification letter with all the facts detailed out to let them in the know. It will help to get a push on the settlement.

OT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, if it is a cash settlement then I will be looking at the diesel models of Fiesta Classic, Linea, SX4, Ertiga. I was interested in Rapid but not having the guts due to the Skoda scary stories. I like to have XUV500 but my budget doesn't permit. My wife is not interested in Manza, Etios, Verito so thay are dropped by default.
Why don't you look at the lower variants of the new City Diesel? They are equipped with ABS/EBD and driver airbag from the lowest variant itself.
Old 24th January 2014, 17:43   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got official communication from royal sundaram. They will settle me with the IDV value. The buyer will pay me 3.2L and RS will pay me 1.85L.

This insurance was taken through Maruti(So called Maruti Insurance), I should say that these guys doesn't have any hold over the Royal Sundaram guys. In fact Maruti didn't even bother to respond to my emails/calls when I raised concerns over the delay. They told me to be in touch with Royal Sundaram as they don't have any hold over them.

However here is an extract from their website which speaks otherwise(https://www.marutiinsurance.com/why-...insurance.aspx),
Quote:
"The customer is not forced to bear the undue differential cost of repair/ replacement. All transactions are completely transparent. No hassles of personal involvement or follow up with surveyors/ insurance co. etc. No botheration of depositing the salvage with insurance co."
Meanwhile, I have taken a decision on my next car and yes I will be shifting base from Maruti to Fiat. Its Fiat Linea Emotion(Diesel), I just couldn't resist myself from a mouth watering discount of 1.85L for a Jan 2013 car. Thanks to nkrishnap and KarthikK for assisting me through this transaction including the PDI part. I have done the booking and will need to arrange the funds to take the delivery. The ODO is at 113.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Why don't you look at the lower variants of the new City Diesel? They are equipped with ABS/EBD and driver airbag from the lowest variant itself.
I was looking at passenger airbag as well. The SV model which has both hits 12L and hence out of budget.
Old 24th January 2014, 19:43   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, I have taken a decision on my next car and yes I will be shifting base from Maruti to Fiat. Its Fiat Linea Emotion(Diesel), I just couldn't resist myself from a mouth watering discount of 1.85L for a Jan 2013 car. Thanks to nkrishnap and KarthikK for assisting me through this transaction including the PDI part. I have done the booking and will need to arrange the funds to take the delivery. The ODO is at 113.
Just the logical upgrade. You have made a right choice. ☺

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 24th January 2014 at 19:44.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 20:42   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, I have taken a decision on my next car and yes I will be shifting base from Maruti to Fiat. Its Fiat Linea Emotion(Diesel), I just couldn't resist myself from a mouth watering discount of 1.85L for a Jan 2013 car.
So, 8872 goes and you are switching base to Fiat. Congratulation on the new car and I'll have to look out for that Linea now
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 00:24   #87
BHPian

Sad to know about the accident at the same time glad to know that you came out unscathed. Really good to know about the reliability of Dzire (F-I-L own the chota brother - Swift). I am showing all such accident threads to my family for getting them to use a seat belt.

Quote:
For 0% depreciation policy, if the repair cost is more than 40% IDV, then they can declare it as total loss. The other option which they gave was they will approve 1.85L and remaining I will have to pay. Still not finalized on which way to go.
If it is a 0 Dep policy, it should be like - whatever is the repair cost, it is borne by the insurer, right (obviously keeping in mind about the IDV)? The reason for me asking this question is, this is my understanding and based on which I forced a good friend of mine to go with this kind of a policy which was costing more to him (obviously).

Quote:
This insurance was taken through Maruti(So called Maruti Insurance), .....
However here is an extract from their website which speaks otherwise(https://www.marutiinsurance.com/why-...insurance.aspx),
My F-I-L is a die-hard fan of Swift and when we bought one in Palakkad (our native) very recently, they were also saying the same. You go anywhere in India and it is all as if you are dealing with us. No worry and tension. Even if I was wary of taking it from them, my F-I-L wanted to go with them. I also thought of leaving it to his choice as I wanted him to be comfortable with as it is a car for him (even if I am the sole driver!!!). Later on they also convinced him and sold a package called ISP (Indus Service Pack) exclusive to Indus motors (again valid all over India but at Indus motors). Now I am beginning to be skeptical of all these !!!!
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 06:27   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
If it is a 0 Dep policy, it should be like - whatever is the repair cost, it is borne by the insurer, right (obviously keeping in mind about the IDV)? The reason for me asking this question is, this is my understanding and based on which I forced a good friend of mine to go with this kind of a policy which was costing more to him (obviously).

My F-I-L is a die-hard fan of Swift and when we bought one in Palakkad (our native) very recently, they were also saying the same. You go anywhere in India and it is all as if you are dealing with us. No worry and tension. Even if I was wary of taking it from them, my F-I-L wanted to go with them. I also thought of leaving it to his choice as I wanted him to be comfortable with as it is a car for him (even if I am the sole driver!!!). Later on they also convinced him and sold a package called ISP (Indus Service Pack) exclusive to Indus motors (again valid all over India but at Indus motors). Now I am beginning to be skeptical of all these !!!!
Yes, zero depreciation policy is supposed to cover all the repair cost - Rs. 1000(i think).
But in my scenario, maruti was not helpful at all, I had to directly connect with the royal sundaram guys.
Old 29th January 2014, 06:54   #89
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, zero depreciation policy is supposed to cover all the repair cost - Rs. 1000(i think).
But in my scenario, maruti was not helpful at all, I had to directly connect with the royal sundaram guys.
Pratham motors recently approached me with an offer for 'Maruti Insurance' - they said they don't offer Royal Sundaram policies anymore, now they only offer policies from Bajaj Allianz and New India Assurance.
Maybe the RS relationship has not gone well, don't know. But I was not very comfortable with the Maruti insurance (exactly the concern that you actually faced in reality - if there is a claim, Maruti will not get involved) so just stuck to United India and had my policy renewed.
Old 1st February 2014, 23:14   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on the insurance:
I have received 3.2L from the buyer, he is from Shivaji Nager Bangalore. It may take another week for Royal Sundaram to release the 1.85L balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Maybe the RS relationship has not gone well, don't know. But I was not very comfortable with the Maruti insurance (exactly the concern that you actually faced in reality - if there is a claim, Maruti will not get involved) so just stuck to United India and had my policy renewed.
Yes, looks like RS-Maruti relationship is not in a good shape.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks