Team-BHP - Tragic News: Gopinath Munde passes away in road accident
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Tragic News: Gopinath Munde passes away in road accident (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/151648-tragic-news-gopinath-munde-passes-away-road-accident-2.html)

Something doesn't feel right. Union minster travels in a fleet of atleast 6-7 cars which are behind and ahead of the vehicle in which the minister is traveling. The security doesn't allow any other cars to come in between the cars. How did his car got rear ended or in head on collision as conflicting reports are suggesting ?

Anyway good leader lost. RIP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul Rao (Post 3446762)
Side impact as mentioned by News X.
The news channel also showed the car (SX4) where both LHS doors had impact marks, but none of the doors had collapsed.

Rahul

I see only Indica photo on News X with front damage and slight dents on side.

While i express my deepest condolences for the loss of life of the newly elected rural development minister, hope this rude shock makes our political masters to come up with an action plan to tackle the dangerous situation of our roads;

'chalta-hai' attitude is not viable anymore owing to the increasing traffic density.

Even the high and mighty are not safe from our country's traffic risks. I wonder if Gopinath Munde was travelling in a convoy or in a single car.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-...1-1225425.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanedar (Post 3446765)
Something doesn't feel right. Union minster travels in a fleet of atleast 6-7 cars which are behind and ahead of the vehicle in which the minister is traveling. The security doesn't allow any other cars to come in between the cars.

That's surprising no doubt! But from what i heard on radio his security wasn't reviewed after becoming a Cabinet Minister.
He was supposed to attend a rally in Beed today to celebrate his victory, now all the people gathered will have to attend his funeral. Sad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanedar (Post 3446765)
Something doesn't feel right. Union minster travels in a fleet of atleast 6-7 cars which are behind and ahead of the vehicle in which the minister is traveling. The security doesn't allow any other cars to come in between the cars. How did his car got rear ended or in head on collision as conflicting reports are suggesting ?

Report in NDTV suggests that the minister's car was T-boned by an Indica. CNN-IBN suggests that the Indica had jumped the signal.

Quote:

At about 6.20 this morning, Mr Munde was on his way to the Delhi airport when an Indica car crashed into the minister's SX4 car at the the Prithviraj Road and Aurobindo Chowk cross-section in the heart of the capital, the police said.

Doctors quoted the minister's personal staff as saying that the vehicle crashed into the car on the side that the minister was seated in the rear seat. Mr Munde, who seemed to have suffered minor injuries, was in shock, his staff members said. He had asked for water, they said.

Mr Munde's driver and personal assistant were in the front and were unhurt. They rushed him to the trauma centre at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.

These are the visual from news channels showing how the actual accident has happened and the damage to the SX4.

The accident visuals

Tragic News: Gopinath Munde passes away in road accident-photo1252_001.jpg

Tragic News: Gopinath Munde passes away in road accident-photo1251.jpg

The damage caused to the SX4

Tragic News: Gopinath Munde passes away in road accident-photo1253.jpg

Source: ABP news, India TV

Thanks

This is really schocking. A cabinet minister, with a cavalcade, travelling in an SX4 and hit by an indica, leading to his premature demise. If this is the status of our country and Road Safety, GOD knows where are we heading to.

The 1000+ pages of 'Accidents in Pics-India' thread is a testimony of the accidents that have been witnessed by our co-members & reported in media. And these would just be a small percentage.

I guess, its high-time Govt. takes strict measures on 'Issuing a DL', 'Check of Road-worthiness of a Vehicle'. The RTOs across India need to be taken to task. They as the nodal agency to issue 'DLs' to such unworthy drivers are the root cause of the majority of our road accidents.

Secondly, we should relook at the way our roads are constructed. There are just a handful of roads across the country which have proper markings / indicators.

Thirdly, the Traffic Police should be taken to task. Right now their only objective is to get Rs 50 / 100 / 500 from drivers & riders alike, with little concern about traffic rules enforcement. To whatever countries & cities I have travelled abroad, I haven't yet come across a single 'speed breaker'. People literally stop at the 'STOP' sign-board. That's education & discipline. And discipline if not learnt has to be enforced.

Once again, I'm deeply saddened by this accident. We have lost a tall leader from MH and someone who had worked through the hierarchy & rose to the top. RIP Sri Gopinath Munde Ji.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotham_City (Post 3446748)
What is shocking to me is that such an important person was traveling in an SX4 (no offence to anyone please:). People of this rank must travel in much more safer cars (a BMW, may be).

Reports seem to suggest the Minister died of a cardiac arrest, and not of injuries from the accident. (Internal injuries like a cardiac tamponade can also cause death in accidents, but we'll know the details only from the autopsy report). Anyway, our leaders almost never wear seatbelts, so whether in an SX4 or a BMW or an S Guard, they are risking their lives on our roads.

May his soul rest in peace.

News agencies are reporting that the Indica jumped a red light. The accident is reported to have happened at 0620 AM.

My question is - Are traffic signals operational at this hour?

Also, no pictures of the SX4 as yet.

RIP the minister.

Off-Topic:

For all those who think this may lead to better safety measures / stringent DL allocation etc, most probably the result will be "police making others wait (in the 1 or 2 kms radius of their travel) till these ministers cross those spots"! I really do NOT think there is ANY better security measure that will be implemented. Or being an Indian, I have stopped expecting anything better.

Ndtv put up this photo on Twitter of the sx4:

Sad news but as a cabinet minister doesn't he get priority clearance through traffic? Or is it only limited to the PM and CM?

Condolences to the family. May his soul rest in peace.
The outcome could have been different had the minister worn the seat belts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3446902)
most probably the result will be "police making others wait (in the 1 or 2 kms radius of their travel) till these ministers cross those spots"!

Sad but true, we concentrate too much on the symptoms (stopping the ongoing traffic) rather than solving the actual problem(not wearing seat belts).

Condolences to the family, may his soul rest in peace.

Totally freak incident this, car brushes another car and minister goes into cardiac arrest and didn't survive. Fragile indeed our lives.