Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 16:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Happy to be alive & this is my story!

Thanks a lot for sharing. My prayers are with the departed and glad to see that you have recovered.

Just wanted to share a couple of experiences of mine. While driving from BLR to Goa during the New Year 2016 weekend, somewhere between Haveri and Bankapur, the villagers were driving in the wrong lane with impunity during the day time. Tractors (loaded, unloaded), bikes and what not, without any regard to their lives or to the other road users. While i was returning from Goa, exactly between Bankapur and Haveri, tractors were plying on NH4 and they were occupying all the lanes and not allowing other road users to pass. After incessant honking by trucks, they finally gave way. I just don't understand that if these are the toll roads for which we pay heavy tolls, why cant the toll operators along with the jurisdictional police enforce the rules and teach these lousy morons a lesson of their life. Also, while driving at night, i usually do not overtake unless i find a clear view ahead and would honk twice before overtaking a truck as he would be having a better view than mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks