Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2017, 20:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Physical & Mental preparation for a long distance drive

Nice thread and some good views to learn.

There are a few rules I follow for long drives. Apart from the normal preparing the car part.

1. It may be debatable. Many people like driving at night. For me this is a strict no. Based on the conditions prevailing on Indian highways it is highly unsafe and God forbid you end up with a break down. A big no for me. So rule number one, start when you don't need to switch on the head lights, stop before you need to switch them on again.
If this means 10/11/12 hrs of driving so be it. No breaking this rule.

2. Don't break your journey on basis of distances. Do your homework estimate road conditions to get an idea on the average speed to be maintained. At any cost don't drive more than 14 hrs. Less if you have more days of driving and no one to share the load. How much ever kilometers you cover in that be it. Why 14? Well human body needs 6-8 hrs of sleep in a day. Driving for 14 hrs is stressful. You may not feel it, but the level of concentration needed is very taxing on the brain. 10 hrs rest after 14 HR drive is mandatory. Else your body will revolt. Different people may have different thresholds. These are mine!

3. Never keep distance milestones. If you keep, be flexible to change them. Road conditions may change very quickly in our country. A previously good patch turned bad or some bad traffic may send your timelines for a toss. Be prepared to change the distance milestones instead of trying to get stressed out making up for lost time. Remember you get more tired and stressed as time passes. Do not try to make up for the lost hours when you are not at your freshest.

4. No harm is stopping and taking a nap if situation so demands. I have done that once at Tumkur while driving solo from Bangalore to Pune. A quick nap and a cup of strong coffee from Kamath was good enough to bring me back in the drive.

5. Identify potential halts for food and refueling before hand if possible. Multiple one 50-100 kms away from each other to cater for any shifts in timelined. Saves time in searching for them when you need.

6. Keep some cash with you and use card where possible so that you retain some cash. During emergency you realise our country still runs on cash.

7. You may feel fresh, but may probably not be so early into the drive and may end up feeling sleepy. Be ready to stop if required no shame in stopping early up into the drive. Same is applicable to other users on the road. Be aware.

8. Twilight times are dangerous. Outside light is not sufficient for good visibility but at the same time not dark enough for headlights to be of full use.

9. Difference between driving at say 90-100 and driving above 120 kmph is huge! You may tire much faster at these high speeds than if maintaining a speed of 90-100 kmph.

That's all I could think off from the top of my head for now.

Thanks.

Last edited by vibbs : 19th October 2017 at 20:57.
vibbs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 21:30   #47
Team-BHP Support

Whoever of BHPians have contributed, have for sure covered almost everything. Let us discuss food for a bit on long drives and while we are at it, do remember that one size fits all isn't true as far as food goes.

> As far as I am concerned I try to eat natural as much as I can. Natural means, I stock and buy fruits, in small quantities of course so that I can buy and replenish with fresh fruit whenever and wherever available.

> I do not rely on packaged foods as far as I can.

> I drink water, say almost at every toll booth or at least 500ml an hour.

> Try to drink coconut/sugarcane juice. Tea, maybe 2/3 times in 15/16 hour drive.

> On a ride, that is with a bike, I just can't eat, I prefer to have electoral water [not very easy to drink this] or natural drinks or fruits. Can't stuff myself with rice/roti, dal etc. On 4 wheels, I do, but never stuff, I eat just to get done with hunger pangs.

> All of us are different and few things just may not work out with each of us. I would rather ask the dhaba* to make noodles and eggs if I am not sure of the food quality. I usually ask them to make me omelette or boiled eggs or any other variety with which they are comfortable with plain dal and plain roti. Of course I stop where truckers do or local populace.

* that particular dhaba should have time to prepare you this and shouldn't be packed, else you will be shooed away. Maybe we can start a foodie thread
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 00:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

1. Make sure you gradually increase the range of coverage per day. In the beginning,....Road conditions determine the time taken to cover the distance and fatigue levels for the trip. For example, in my recent trip last month, the first 500 kms took me 7.5 hrs while the next 480 kms took me 10+ hrs.

2..While traveling with your family, you have to plans the breaks properly and also be more conscious about the safety on the route (personal opinion).

3.. Do carry sufficient water and some ready food (biscuits, fruits) for use enroute.

4... please set realistic target of 500-600 kms per day..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
5..I might travel with my kid (3yrs) and wife too, road safety is paramount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

6. Vehicle matters a lot - ...considering the average speed as 60 km/h.

7. Discipline - Its important to stick to your plans. Knowing your limits is absolutely important.

8. Physical fitness - Its better to have above average fitness incase of any situations that may arise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post

9..A 1.5L is easier than a 1.2L which in turn is easier than a .8L on the same route. The ability of the car to go back to cruising speeds after you have slowed down for something, which is more than frequent, affects the stress levels..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
10... my preference is 0500 hours and in extreme cases 0400. Too early, you will be facing tired truck drivers, and there is a dangerous band between 0300 and 0500 hours where...

11. I strongly believe in HVK's advice in not stopping for food during long drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post

12. Carry a good quality sunglasses...

13 Keep Hydrated , I usually stay away from sweetened drinks. Just plain water is sufficient.

14.. Keep some cushions ,

15..[*]Do not forget the importance of a power nap.
Above all be in a good physical condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

16..Traffic, queues at booths, waiting time at hotels, reduced average speeds, anxiety, urge to make up for lost time and most importantly - Loss of patience that is very crucial for such drives

17.. You are aware of the co-passengers who will tag along with you – Immediate family members who know you well, distant relatives who are with you in your car for a long distance for the first time, Friends who know you for short drives...

18..Although one can plan, you cannot necessarily be choosy when it comes to food. ..Mentally prepared is to be flexible with this aspect

19..You can kill a target but remember that target can kill you too – Never drive long distances with specific target in mind;

20..Respect others, in other regions

21..Sleep is a very important element
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
– Sleep very well before the drive and while you do this, ensure you don’t have pending items that keep reminding you about it while you sleep. It can essentially spoil your sleep

22.[*]Stretch your muscles – Arms, legs and back on regular basis – Toll booths are good breakpoints if its only you who want to take a quick break
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivOverland View Post
23..too often people mistake speed for pace. Even in the city, I often meet speedsters who go crazy overtaking, only to meet at the next red light. I like to think of a long drive as equivalent to a song. It has an intro, verses, a chorus and an end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
24. the 'Cruise Control' option.... When you know how to use the Cruise Control and when to use it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

25..It may be debatable. Many people like driving at night. For me this is a strict no. Based on the conditions prevailing on Indian highways it is highly unsafe and God forbid you end up with a break down. A big no for me.

26. At any cost don't drive more than 14 hrs. . 10 hrs rest after 14 HR drive is mandatory. Else your body will revolt. Different people may have different thresholds.

27..No harm is stopping and taking a nap if situation so demands.

28..Twilight times are dangerous. Outside light is not sufficient for good visibility but at the same time not dark enough for headlights to be of full use.

29..Difference between driving at say 90-100 and driving above 120 kmph is huge! You may tire much faster at these high speeds than if maintaining a speed of 90-100 kmph.

This thread is a real treasure trove of valuable tips based on individual experiences. Kudos and thanks for sharing

I've been doing road trips since the early 90's since an early age and can relate to the same and have quoted the ones on which I'd like to add, not to contradict anyone, there are always different ways.
  • There may be many expert and experienced drivers in the family or among those accompanying you, the question to ask is: is one passionate about driving? For most people (good drivers included), it becomes a chore after driving for a couple of hours and they may become irritated/careless/unfocussed/impatient and prone to taking risks and commiting mistakes.

Having even a single passionate driver doing the entire trip is more than sufficient.
    Ask yourself honestly and don't drive long drives on a hunch if there is no passion in you, just because others are doing it. Start with small distance trips and always gradually increase the distance/duration over a period of time.

Decide in advance who will drive and don't hand over the wheels just to appease someone.
  • The car is like your mini home, a cocoon shielding you from the outside world/road which is harsh. Driving is literally a survival game and a lot of responsibility rests on the driver.
    Respect everything: your car, its strengths and limitations, other road users, road rules all the time. Having your car in prime condition needs no stressing, in particular check the tyres and make sure that it is <5 years old, has sufficient tread depth, never hesitate replacing them, the tyres are the only critical part in contact with the road.
  • Covering 1000 kms a day, especially with family would be an unrealistic and unsustainable target.
    Google maps with its real time traffic information is a very handy referece. At no point google calculates the pace to more than an average of 60 kms distance covered per hour.
    This is a realistic pace.
    Long distance driving like a marathon running, how the runners start running in a very relaxed manner and achieve their goal by maintaining constant pace rather than bursts of peak speeds.
    Leave all ego at home, brim with lots patience all the time, if someone wants to overtake, it simply means they are at higher pace, let them pass you, they are usually bound to be seen cooling off their stress parked somewhere down the line.

The first 2 hours of drive should be very relaxed, give time for your body to settle in and build up pace very gradually and it will work wonders to your stamina for the rest of the drive through the day.
  • Usually it is possible to cover more distance on the first day because of starting early. 5 to 5:30 AM is a good time to start. Have breakfast at home and start keep it a realistic 700 to 800 KM max on the best of our roads. Having atleast a six hour sleep is critical for the driver or the body is bound to revolt.
    Power nap will become a necessity only if you are sleep deprived. Do so only at a safe crowded public stopover like bunks and hotels and never at an isolated place.
    Wearing dark sunglasses over an extended period can tend to make one drowsy, I use sunglasses only when driving with the sun in front and enjoy the view in its true colors without sunglasses at all other times.
  • With family, its always good to choose hotels with good breakfast included. The first good meal works wonders on the overall mood and is a great stamina booster rather than starting early hungry and irritated and desperately searching for breakfast and ending up eating what you find.The second day onwards, don't plan to cover more than 600 KMs a day assuming the start time will be no less than 9/9:30am after breakfast and plan your drive to end by 6 pm or 7 pm max.
  • Night driving over unfamiliar stretches is not advisable except during emergencies , especially with family. Although it feels enjoyable, the field of vision is severely restricted and with the harsh glare, it gets risky. One needs to sleep anyway, plan to sleep at night rather than drive at night and sleep in the day.
  • Plan atleast for a lunch stop on the way, gives the occupants and the car a much needed rest. Its better to order what is readily available. If your car has a turbo charger, ensure that you idle the car for 2 minutes before turning the engine off. This is vital.
    Take as many bio and stretching breaks as required. Be hydrated with plenty of water. Driving with the AC always ON and set to around 23 to 25 degrees eliminates fatigue for everyone, driver included.
  • Cruise control may be a boon in the US with wide and arrow straight roads. Given our roads and the constantly and drastically changing situations, I like to be active in constantly feeding the car with the right throttle input. Cruise control in a way disengages the driver and I'm happier and feel more secure not using it on our roads, it may work well for some, to each his own.
  • Be extra cautious when trailing heavy vehicles, their tyres tend to fling tiny stones that may crack your windshield easily. Keep a good distance behind, you'll have better visibility too. Never get frustrated if you find a truck overtaking another truck painfully slowly and blocking the entire road. Realize that it is bound to take its own time and wait it out to get a clearance.
  • Never get into an overtaking frenzy on the road when you see others doing it. The key to long distance driving is to always maintain a large margin for errors and drive defensively at a steady pace keeping within the sane speed limits.

Often, I've found to be more fresh, with higher energy levels and completely relaxed and happy after a day long drive. With the right approach and passion for driving, it sure is therapeutic and blissful.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 20th October 2017 at 00:48.
for_cars1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Start early. For any 1000 km trip I start by 0300 hrs.
In my experience, the morning time between 3-5 AM is one where people are most drowsy. While a 3 AM may mean that you are fresh, the same may not be applicable for others who are probably stretching themselves too thin. When driving at such odd times, extra bit of caution would be very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
The Biggest difference I found with my S-cross long drive experience is, the 'Cruise Control' option
I did a 750 kms drive to my hometown and then back again few days later for festive celebrations. While the left leg was fine since clutch wasn't used a lot on highways, I terribly missed cruise control. I had sore right ankles and the breaks were used to relax and stretch those muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Hi,
I don't take any tea or coffee as stimulant to overcome drowsiness. If one has a tendency to feel drowsy during long drives, then there is a medicine called "Modafinil", available by the name Modalert in India
I have had my experience with caffeine (coffee/energy drinks) and while it boosts concentration for couple of hours, there is a sudden bout of drowsiness after the caffeine effect has subsided. Does this medicine have similar effect? Also, would be advisable to discuss with a doctor for possible side-effects.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 11:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
In my experience, the morning time between 3-5 AM is one where people are most drowsy. While a 3 AM may mean that you are fresh, the same may not be applicable for others who are probably stretching themselves too thin. When driving at such odd times, extra bit of caution would be very helpful.
True to some extent. Precisely why I wrote that I start at 0300 hrs & not that everyone should do that. I am an early to bed & early to rise person so waking 2-3 hours early is not a problem for me if I sleep on time. One needs to find that right time.

Also, the starting point makes a lot of difference. Someone starting at 0300 hrs from Kolkata will see daylight in a little over 2 hours. Whereas some doing that from Mumbai will have to wait for one hour more. Not to mention that in the first few hours of the trip, one is usually more active & excited so there are less chances of falling asleep.

PS : While doing Kolkata-Delhi (1500kms), I tend to leave between 0000 hrs to 0100 hrs so that I reach Delhi by 2200 hrs.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 12:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post

I have had my experience with caffeine (coffee/energy drinks) and while it boosts concentration for couple of hours, there is a sudden bout of drowsiness after the caffeine effect has subsided. Does this medicine have similar effect? Also, would be advisable to discuss with a doctor for possible side-effects.
Hi,
It is a prescription medicine, so technically you need a prescription. But this is India.
From my experience, it does not have that kind of effect that you are mentioning. Effect is for around 6 hours. There are tons of literature out there about this medication, that you can go through.

Maybe you can take a trial dose on a regular work day to see how it affects your concentration.

As per my doc, it takes around an hour to kick in if taken before a meal, and a bit more than an hour if taken after a meal.

Do your research and then take a call. As per my doc, its not habit forming, like other stimulants, including caffeine.

However, it is a very widely prescribed and used medication in circumstances requiring concentration, wakefulness etc.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 12:40   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

On known 4-lane roads, where there is no oncoming traffic, I prefer driving at night when I am not with my family. The advantage is no local traffic, usually found in the vicinity of villages/towns/cities that you cross enroute.

The risk of drowsy drivers is there. This is somewhat reduced when there's a divider between you and the oncoming traffic. For the risk from vehicles going in your direction, I keep my eyes on the IRVM frequently and give a pass to any vehicle who wants to overtake (this number falls after 12AM). For the vehicles in front of me, I observe them for a min or two to recognize any wavering movement caused by lack of attention. Once I am sure, I ask for a pass and make my move. Maintaining 80-90 kmph during night is easy and safe.

Some more points from my end:

1. There's a huge difference in driving in an undivided road vs. a divided road. The coverage would come down drastically. During night, lack of divider or a low height divider will expose you to light glare from oncoming vehicles and will tire you out very soon.

2. During night drive, the number of fuel bunks operating at odd hours are fewer. It's better to keep refueling more frequently.

3. At dhabas/restaurants which are located away from the nearest city, it's always safe to order simple food like dal, rice, roti, egg, etc. This reduces the risk of getting stale food.

4. Roads can be unpredictable. You could be stuck in a road jam due to any reason. I was held up on the highway for nearly 2 hrs due to extremely heavy unseasonal rains. So keep sufficient drinking water and ready food which should last for 4-5 hrs in case of such emergencies. I usually stock water for the whole day and keep few chocolate bars and biscuits. Note, I don't consume them at all throughout the trip unless it's an emergency.

5. Carry basic medicines for yourself as well as your vehicle.

6. Consuming water frequently and travelling with AC on has another advantage. Apart from keeping you fresh and hydrated, you tend break for nature's call frequently as well. This gives a natural reason to take breaks every 1-2 hrs and keeps you alert.

7. If you are going on a long trip and plan to break for the day after 7PM, it's better if you don't have any bookings in Hotel or make a booking where you are not paying anything. Due to unforeseen reasons, your coverage might be less (or even more in some cases) than what you have planned around 7PM. Having a booking might force you cover a specific distance even if your body/your family is unwilling to do. No booking increases this flexibility. Use online booking portals for instant booking when you plan to break for the day.

8. For those of us who follow Google Maps a lot, the map might suggest routes which are shorter or less time consuming. But it doesn't take into account the road conditions or the road safety. Again, during night time, better to stick to the main highway rather than following Google to the T (speaking from experience).
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 16:53   #53
BHPian

I started driving relatively late , i got my licence in 2008 and till date have driven around 1.4 lac kms .

Things i religiously follow before any planned long drive .
a) Get the tyre alignment done irrespective of schedule .
b) keep box of emergency requirements ( fuse , bulbs , tyre air valves , foot pump , colin , glass wiper , flash light , puncher kit etc.)
c) Recce the route map in google and prepare distance markers ( normally my wife or daughter are my navigators ).
d) Try to start between 3.30 - 4.30 am to beat the traffic for stress free start .
e) most important get proper sleep and try to sleep before 9-10 pm the previous day .
f) Rest every 200 kms for about 10 mins min to 1/2 hour max , stretch and walk around a bit .
g) Switch on headlamp always in single lane road and in divided carriage way after 5.30 pm to ensure our safety .
h) strictly no night driving beyond 10 pm and while on multiple day drive holidays check into hotel by max 7 pm and early sleep to start early the next day .

Never ever over speed, drive is for us to enjoy and reach our destination safe not a case of endurance / speed record test .
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 17:24   #54
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am a FOOT LOOSE , long distance driver since the last 40 years , Lot has been said in this Forum. Learnt a lot. Some of my experiences
1. You need to be physically FIT..Goes without saying.
2. Be very FLEXIBLE in your planning, Route, places to see, food habits, Staying choices, Starting time,Reaching time. This is what I meant by FOOT LOOSE.
3. Eat less and sleep more. DO NOT consume Alcoholic beverages..Strict NO NO.
4. You feel like relieving.. STOP the next possible place. Majority of the road accidents are
due to the reason that the Drivers Bladder is FULL.
5. Do Not book your Hotel accommodation in advance..You will be tempted drive careless
so as to reach the Hotel.
6. Accept that you too might commit mistakes, be prepared for any eventuality. Do not
Panic.
7.Do Not tailgate unnecessarily, Do not show One Up man ship. If some one wants to
drive past you..allow him.
8. Respect the local culture and local language. be polite and respectful while talking.
9. Carry foldable picnic chairs. Stop, sit and relax. Drink lots of water.
10. Lastly.. KNOW your Car well. Drive From 6am till 6 pm...with the sun light..

Preparing for drive from Bangalore, Kolkatta, Possible from Kolkatta to Imphala and back, than to Bodh Gaya, Varanasi , Indore and Back to bangalore next Dec. This forum helped me a lot. Thanks.
sumukha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thank you dear all for your valuable tips and hints. I could successfully complete part one of the trip (Pune to Kolkata). A very important tip, which helped me a lot was to plan the route (roughly), so as to cover maximum distance on the first day (without taking risk off course); This is because the rigor and enthusiasm is more on the Day 1. I also took the help of grapes to overcome the feeling of drowsiness during early morning and post lunch drives.

Though its another story, that eating too much grapes forced me to dash for relief the moment I reached destination Lessons learnt :- Grapes are good to drive off sleepiness but use caution and do not eat more than you can digest.
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:11   #56
BHPian

I have a few tips gleaned from driving/riding for the last 30 years over many hundred thousand kms.

Physical & Mental Preparation:
Just make sure that you are physically fit before any long distance trips. I adopt one hour walk interspersed with a few minutes of running regularly one week before any long journey.

Roads and traffic conditions are not under our control. So be prepared for delays. Carry enough snacks in the car. I have a bag full of Chocolates, Biscuits, Dried fruits and a 10 Liter water can. I grab proper food at regular intervals.

I also take supplements like - Ginseng and Ginko Biloba as Nootropics ( substances which improve cognitive functions) during the trip. I have personally felt that they improved my concentration and physical endurance. Driving in Indian road conditions, you need plenty of that.

As for the car, your life as well as your family's life depends on it. Other than keeping the car ready for a long journey, ensure that you fill fuel in 'decent' bunks. Once I had to suffer a clogged fuel injector as I filled in a rarely used state road. These days, I carry a 20 liter steel Jerry can which together with a full capacity tank will make certain that I have a range of 800 km. Our cars are like our home when we are on the road. So we tend to stock them with many items.

I carry spare head light bulbs, assorted fuses, 2 meters of automobile multi stranded wire and a toolkit. I didn't have to use them personally in my trips - but they came in handy for others.

In addition, I have the paranoic habit of locking the car with a steering lock every night wherever I halt.
Old 20th January 2019, 18:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting thread.

I like to drive without a break of minimum 4-5 hrs at a stretch, so that we cover good distance & take the remaining part easy. One thing I observed, by the time I stop and walk out of the car after continual 4-5 hrs of driving, I experience a sort of light headedness. During this time, I wont make any move and just be there still. Will last for 5-10 sec and iam back to Normal.

Anyone else had this feel?

Last edited by Surprise : 20th January 2019 at 18:29.
Old 20th January 2019, 18:56   #58
Team-BHP Support

Some things I've picked up through the course of road-trips we've done:

Physical aspect:

1) Don't fight the urge to take an unscheduled rest stop. Even if it is for a few min to just stretch the legs, be out in the open. More important if you feel sleepy or need to attend nature's call.

2) Regardless of the length of the journey, I stop every two hours. The longest I have driven non-stop is four hours on the highway, been stuck for six in a traffic jam.

Mental aspect:

1) If it is a long journey (>6 hours), I have moments when I am chatty, when I prefer listening to music and moments when I'd just like silence in the car. It helps tremendously when co-passengers understand this.

2) Towards the end of the journey, one can get a little too excited (about reaching the destination) or too anxious (about the time still remaining). This can be a tricky time and you need to ensure you don't lose your concentration.
Old 21st January 2019, 13:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
One thing I observed, by the time I stop and walk out of the car after continual 4-5 hrs of driving, I experience a sort of light headedness. During this time, I wont make any move and just be there still. Will last for 5-10 sec and iam back to Normal.

Anyone else had this feel?
It is common when you sit cooped up for long duration. Some doctor told me it is postural hypo tension when I complained about this. It used to be common when I was driving sedans.

Once I switched to a suv, I adjust the seat close to the steering wheel and in this way, the lumbar support in the seat will allow me to press against it. So no more back pain and giddiness these days. But I still get pains in regions you never even knew they existed until you get a pain.

These days I try to restrict the maximum distance to about 500 km a day if possible due to these pains.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 21:15   #60
BHPian

I tend to travel these days with some premade food like lemon rice and necessary ingredients to make myself some sandwiches ( mint paste, cheese, peanut butter,) along with some amul buttermilk, glucon d and supplement with green coconuts. I tend to carry 20 litre Bisleri can on these drives. I also carry my yoga mat along with a decathlon massage stick, foam roller and a tennis ball. With some basic stretching and these aids that I use during my night rest stops, I spring back to life ready for the next days drive like a 30 year old(figuratively). I'm 46 and I need all the help I can get. Even a few days of not working out and eating out throws my body out of gear completely. Checking tension in your posture while driving and mentally trying to tell myself to relax my body seems to help too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks