Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 21:54   #46
BHPian

Re: 10 Reasons to Ditch the Stick-on Fish-eye Convex Blind Spot Mirror

Contrary to the photos shown here, I prefer to install the blindspot mirror on the inner side of the RVM. That way, the blindspot mirror can be kept flushed with the body of the car and the visibility of the main mirror is not much hampered.
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article on the net: http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots

Has anyone tried this and found it to be of more use than keeping just a little bit of your own car visible in the ORVMs? I follow the latter technique and haven't yet had any reason to complain [touchwood!] about rear visibility on the LHS and RHS.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Came across this article on the net: http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots

Has anyone tried this and found it to be of more use than keeping just a little bit of your own car visible in the ORVMs? I follow the latter technique and haven't yet had any reason to complain [touchwood!] about rear visibility on the LHS and RHS.

Cheers,
Vikram
Yes this is true. This really helps a lot in reducing the blind spots. Unfortunately majority of the drivers don't use the RVM's as intended.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

I use them and find it very useful in city traffic. I can keep eye on motorbikes who want to kiss my car. My fish-eye mirror is not sticked to ORVM but it is fitted above ORVM. So my ORVM is completely free and this is additional.

Yes, on highway it is not much of use, as eyes cannot adjust quickly what is shown in that mirror.
Old 14th April 2013, 14:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutta_d1 View Post
Contrary to the photos shown here, I prefer to install the blindspot mirror on the inner side of the RVM. That way, the blindspot mirror can be kept flushed with the body of the car and the visibility of the main mirror is not much hampered.
Check out exactly what I mean-

10 Reasons to Ditch the Stick-on Fish-eye Convex Blind Spot Mirror-dsc02413.jpg

Also notice that the coverage of the main mirror is very limited.
dutta_d1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 01:48   #51
BHPian

To solve the problem of using RVM real estate, I'm thinking of getting these auxillary blind spot mirrors -
http://www.amazon.com/Auxilary-Wide-...nd+spot+mirror

The only problem is that the auxillary mirrors are fixed using a screw which can be easily removed and the auxillary unit stolen.

Image source:amazon
Old 15th August 2013, 19:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Can someone tell what kind of mirror is which is fixed on Rear Windshield and faces inside of car.
I've seen a few SUV's with this kinda setup but never found what exactly is its use.
I might be late (by 4 years) :-P, but as far as i think- it is to give a view of what is behind the car. (Please read what I meant below :-P)

It is very hard to reverse these cars. And you can't see what is below the door level- perhaps, like a small pole protruding out of the ground or a large stone or perhaps also to gauge the distance to the kerb.
Old 8th January 2016, 15:54   #53
BHPian

Waking up a sleeping thread . I am planning on purchasing a set of blind spot mirrors for my Ritz. I want to install them in the inner portion of ORVM which shows 20% of car-body. So rest of the ORVM is used to see road behind as usual. I need a suggestion from Team-BHPians using blind spot mirror. During night driving, if the vehicle behind is running high-beam, we are already inconvenienced due to the reflection from stock ORVM. Does blind spot mirrors add to this high beam reflection irritation? Or there is no effect at all?
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

I have ordered my 3rd set of blind spot mirrors as the previous two were stolen when the car was parked outside.

I used to stick these via 3M tape that comes along with the set but now I am planning to use something more effective over and above that supplied 3M tape to make sure no one is able to steal them easily.

I am thinking of adding a few drops of Fevikwik on the ORVMs before sticking these blind spot mirrors. Any other ideas?
Old 9th September 2020, 10:12   #55
BHPian

Hello all,
I drive in the city limits and I have read the post on adjusting mirrors the right way: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/drive...t-mirrors.html
However, the roads I travel through are a mix of very narrow and very wide ones, the mirror settings as suggested in the above post is good for the wide road but not for the narrow ones. I therefore have mirror settings which I can barely see the edge of the car (left side view).

Hence, to reduce blind spots, I am planning to buy blind spot mirror. I have a few doubts regarding the same:
1. Any preferred brand for blind spot mirror? or I just go with amazon best seller

2. I have a Wagon-R, which is the best place to stick these mirror on? (right upper corner or lower corner; OR left upper corner or lower corner)

3. I have read it is not easy to remove them, good that they cannot be stolen easily. But If I am not comfortable with them, does any brand offer these blind spot mirrors, which can be removed without damage to the original mirror.
Old 14th March 2022, 01:40   #56
BHPian

Hi! One of my blind spot mirrors had gotten loose and I removed it. Kindly suggest which brand's mirror to get for replacement. I have already tried two but both of them are worse than useless:
1. 3R - 057
2. Carfrill (link - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082NJKCSM)

Most Viewed