Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2008, 16:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
All the cars sport temporary number plates. What is Ford going to do with them once the track event is over? Don't tell me they are going to be shipped off to dealers to be sold to customers!
I guess they would. Or may be provide it for official use in Sriperambathur factory
Old 5th August 2008, 19:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05
The suspension is now slightly less forgiving and the tyres are a lot grippier in the S version.
I think you're using the term "forgiving" in the wrong context here. You must be referring to the slightly stiffer suspension for better handling which makes the ride quality, a tad uncomfortable.
In general usage, A "forgiving suspension" is one which forgives your cornering errors and doesn't spin you off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpalio1.6kool
from outside it looked brilliant but once you in driver seat it wan't fun :(
from nowhere it felt like a car worth more than 8lacs if it was less 7 it wud have been better ............
What did you find it lacking,Rahul? Power?
Old 5th August 2008, 19:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great to see such an event. How about some videos if possible. And as someone mentioned can we have lap times.
Old 5th August 2008, 20:09   #19
BHPian

wow !! really great !
what do I have to do inorder to get invitations to such events ? I want to be atleast a spectator and doing this
Old 5th August 2008, 20:35   #20
BHPian

@ nitrous

I think you're using the term "forgiving" in the wrong context here. You must be referring to the slightly stiffer suspension for better handling which makes the ride quality, a tad uncomfortable.
In general usage, A "forgiving suspension" is one which forgives your cornering errors and doesn't spin you off.

I meant to say that the suspension setup in the Fiesta S is slightly stiffer than the normal version.
Old 6th August 2008, 00:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Moral of the story-DON't buy a blue 1.6S for the next 2 months.
Knowing the lousy attitude that ford has, i'm very sure these cars would be sold to some poor unsuspecting customer! God help them!
Old 7th August 2008, 21:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Knowing the lousy attitude that ford has, i'm very sure these cars would be sold to some poor unsuspecting customer! God help them!
I highly doubt these cars are gonna be sold to customers. They might be used as test drive cars or testing. Ford's *** might be a problem. But, I dont think they do unethical practices.
Old 7th August 2008, 21:26   #23
BHPian

These will probably go back to the test track in the factory ( as someone mentioned )
Old 7th August 2008, 23:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I highly doubt these cars are gonna be sold to customers. They might be used as test drive cars or testing. Ford's *** might be a problem. But, I dont think they do unethical practices.
Yes, I agree. You can normally get last year's cars, TD cars etc. at major discounts if at all one is interested.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
You are kidding me, can this really happen ? I'm booking my 1.6S this week.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Those new Fiestas look gorgeous on the track - both aesthetically and functionally.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No i ain't kidding. I've never seen a ford demo car till date, Neither in cochin nor in coimbatore, and when i went to TD a fiesta, i was given a brand new customer car as a TD car, feeling sorry for the customer, i drove it slowly, and the dealer was egging me on to push it!

I bought one eventually, but i was there for every step,from when the car reached the yard to getting it registered.

I am 110% sure all these thrashed cars will go into the market as used cars. As i've found out from my experience, ford is a company with Absolutely NO regard to customers, be it for new cars nor for service. Needless to say, this is the last ford we are getting. ( We have been a generally ford loving family, having owned more than 10 of them, including several V8s right from the 40's)
Old 24th October 2008, 06:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I tend to agree with Nitrous on this, it's highly doubtfull that Ford can indulge in such unethical practices.

Quote:
No i ain't kidding. I've never seen a ford demo car till date, Neither in cochin nor in coimbatore, and when i went to TD a fiesta, i was given a brand new customer car as a TD car, feeling sorry for the customer, i drove it slowly, and the dealer was egging me on to push it!

I bought one eventually, but i was there for every step,from when the car reached the yard to getting it registered.

I am 110% sure all these thrashed cars will go into the market as used cars. As i've found out from my experience, ford is a company with Absolutely NO regard to customers, be it for new cars nor for service. Needless to say, this is the last ford we are getting. ( We have been a generally ford loving family, having owned more than 10 of them, including several V8s right from the 40's)
That's sad, thankfully the Planet Ford dealer in Pune does have a demo car and they don't use the brand new customer cars for TD's.
Old 24th October 2008, 07:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:

I dont agree with you.What you see is the bad practice of ford dealers not the company.So dont blame the company for that.And it is really bad that they are giving customer's car for TD.
Anyway here in Trivandrum the dealer is not bad more than that i know them personally.

Last edited by jerish666 : 24th October 2008 at 07:56.
Old 24th October 2008, 08:46   #30
BHPian

Nice report Vivek. Have driven my father-in-law's Fiesta 1.6 and its a hoot to drive. I am sure the 1.6S is even better with a stiffer suspension that aides the handling characteristics. Not that the 1.6 was very nervous on taking corners!

Really, if I had the money now, I'd go for the 1.6S without blinking an eye.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks