Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 17:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Rj- Am really glad you helped those people. This can happen to any of us and help is the least someone can do ins uch circumstances.
This reminded me of an incident a few days back. Returning home in office cab around 11pm at nite saw an Indica hit a bikerfrom side. Biker must be badly injured as the impact was strong and he flew for few meters. Asked my cab driver to stop the car so we can help and he refused stating - 'sir iski help karne pe police ka chakkar padega aur main garib aadmi police ke chakkar main nahin padna chahta'. Sadly i couldnt help that guy. Still feel bad about that. But this is the fact why most of people don't help accident victims.

Anyways Kudos to you for doing the right thing.
CHeers!

Also would like to add the 'Dad' learned the lesson in a bitter way not to give car to kids.
Old 9th January 2009, 18:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Good show rj . as every one mentioned hope the SKODA driver gets his due punishment

any way of tracking that car ? wondering whether there can be something done to nab that guy ( like some chekpost he might have crossed etc )
Old 9th January 2009, 18:24   #33
BHPian

Salut.....

One word for you Rhiju "Awesome" followed by a standing ovation. Nowadays this kind of act has become so rare, that it can be termed as extinct. The skoda driver needs to be booted, but so does the father and the doctor, with different itensity though. Skoda driver and the doc maximum, and father (maximum-1)
Old 9th January 2009, 18:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Riju, Thats really nice of you. i cant imagine what would have happened if none had helped them out...you saved them from a great agony!

Simply superb.. am out of words

About that Skoda guy he has done a great crime....he almost caused 2 accidents...wonder how many more got into trouble because of him
Old 9th January 2009, 18:38   #35
BHPian

Sir, salute you for what you did!!
Old 9th January 2009, 18:40   #36
BHPian

Great work Rj and hats off to you! Lucky that they all escaped with minor injuries. Poor dad who till the other day would have been boasting of his son's "driving skills".
Old 9th January 2009, 18:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

rjstyle,

People like you make world a better place and inspire us to do the same!
Old 9th January 2009, 19:02   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rjstyles, You were their guardian angel . Kudos & a massive pat on the back for helping out absolute strangers. I hope that the family (and all who read this thread) understand the danger associated with underage driving. Let 'em turn 18 and learn the right way.

Last edited by GTO : 9th January 2009 at 19:04.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:06   #39
BHPian

Hats off to you RJ. Great job!

Most people fear for the unknown, particularly with police cases and hence try to avoid getting involved. Look at that stupid doctor who initially refused to do what he was supposed to do until you had put him in his place.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:08   #40
Team-BHP Support

I had an accident once and was lying on the middle of the road at midnight. A guardian angel took me to hospital and I survived. So I have been on the other side.

Well Done friend. I hope a lot of us take inspiration from this and do our bit if required.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Guys thanks to you all. Remember my experience and stay on tbhp also has contributed to this act. I have read many a stories here too and will admit that it had its fair share in what I did on that fateful day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
So hows the kid doing who was driving. Any police case done in the end?
I think they have filed a complaint with the cops for the the insurance claim. Dint probe them much during my previous chats with the family. I am pretty sure they will take time to come off the trauma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The wheel of fate always turns a full circle so hopefully the driver of that white Skoda will also get his due - someday, somewhere.
I pray he gets his share someday soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Remember the Skoda driver's face?

I think someone posted here about the new rule regarding registering a police complaint sometime back.
jk no idea man, he was zooming when he passed me. I wanted to call up the cops but then none of our mobiles had coverage in the area. Infact I even asked one of the cars driving to bangalore if they could contact the gundlupet police station and complain to the cops there. The cops could inturn pass the message to other police stations enroute bangy. No use , no-one obliged.

Regarding the police complaint , i think it has been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Although I do agree that the kid shouldnt have been driving but trust me we have lots of drivers who cant handle a high speed Skoda coming straight towards them, so the major fault is by the Skoda guy
techno if you were in that dad's shoe what would you do, hand over the car to your son on the highway ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
1. Didnt anyone know how to arrest a bleed? and apply the knowledge to help the victims?
2. How was a 15 16 year
We did, put a wet cloth around the lady's forehead and tied it up tight. You can see the lady in the first pic with her dupatta tied around the forehead.
The boy was fine and the doc' did a thorough check and took an X-ray while we were at the hospital itself. Confirmed that he was ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
any way of tracking that car ? wondering whether there can be something done to nab that guy ( like some chekpost he might have crossed etc )
Yeah I have infact told the family that could contact the checkpost before entering the forest to get the car number. I remember at one point the car numbers were being noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
About that Skoda guy he has done a great crime....he almost caused 2 accidents...wonder how many more got into trouble because of him
Lohith that dude should be ashamed of himself, less said the better.

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I hope that the family (and all who read this thread) understand the danger associated with underage driving. Let 'em turn 18 and learn the right way.
Rush am pretty sure the family learnt their lesson. My better half went on to speak to the kids and keep them busy so that they weren't reminded of their nasty experience. I still remember the look on the mothers face when we left, she was almost in tears while thanking us for helping them.

Certain things are priceless and the feeling cant be penned down .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 9th January 2009 at 19:18.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Great work, Riju.
Not many would take so much trouble in similar situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69
I spoke to the dad of the kids and he said the car was a write off
Was it so badly damaged to be written off ? Because it does not look that bad from the snaps ? Looked repairable. And looks like a pretty new car too. Feel sorry for the family.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Was it so badly damaged to be written off ? Because it does not look that bad from the snaps ? Looked repairable. And looks like a pretty new car too. Feel sorry for the family.
Biju even I asked the same question to the dad. I pretty much recall that something from underneath the hood had dislodged itself and the car was standing on it. Never had the time to look what was down under.

The exhaust system was completely out of place, just dangling by a few clamps or so, the front left wheel was missing. Remember the car hit a milestone and then went on to hit the tree.

The interiors were a mess with both the front seats out of shape due to the impact and a lot of blood. Windshield cracked, steering wheel also was bent.

I was told the car was a 2006 model.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:35   #44
Team-BHP Support

Splendid job, Riju. May your tribe increase. Humanity would be benefitted for sure.

Something which i was thinking about.. why was the car a write-off? Was the damage that extensive?! I was also wondering if the over-responsive steering of the NHC also contributed to the accident upon a sudden twitch from the boy driving.

All said and done, the parent should not have given his underage kid the wheel, but taking nothing away from the fault of the Skoda driver. Isnt it possible he was trying to flee the scene after the crime which he was just responsible for when he passed you people?

EDIT : Just saw your answer to Biju's post about the write-off part.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th January 2009 at 19:36.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:03   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju,

Awesome stuff man. You're the first candidate for the Team-BHP Golden Heart Award: when that happens ! Glad to know that the accident family is safe. Suffice to say, they wont be encouraging under-age driving in a hurry anymore.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th January 2009 at 20:08.

Most Viewed